Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bill (Old school)

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Quick quiz. 

Whose legs were they that walked along in the opening credits. 

Ii always thought they were Hollis and Ackland.
  • Options
    I've recently imbibed in The Bill (the early years) on UK Play,  Reminds me of old nostalgic/ sentimental London of our yoofs and seems a world away from life today.

Some very bad things of course but at the same time it seemed a far simpler time and very comforting and relatable. Anyone else watching it?

Of course same is applied for Fools n horses and Minder.

Reg Hollis was a wrong un wasn't he? Roy Galloway= good bloke, heart in the right place Ted Roach =LEGEND.

Also, remembering back to watching The Bill and Juliet Bravo back in my 1980s Orpington upbringing I really thought that glue sniffing was going to be much more of a problematic lifestyle issue than it turned out to eventually be.
    Lost my virginity to a girl who was obsessed with Reg Hollis.

What that tells you, I have no idea.

Did she call you Reg?
    Was going to put in the post that, no, she didn't!

She used to call him 'my Reggie' and had posters of him. 

Tend to look past these quirks when you're a teenager and they are fit, don't you?

"When you're a teenager", who am I kidding?  Still wouldn't put me off now.
  • Options
    Learn something new everyday - always thought it was Tosh Lions!

The Jim Carver on the sauce episodes were quality. The yoot on the Jasmin Allen were running riot.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Quick quiz. 

Whose legs were they that walked along in the opening credits. 

Ii always thought they were Hollis and Ackland.
    Nah it was Yorkie and Viv Martella 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I had to take a prop to the studio once. It was down in Morden. I almost walked in whilst they were shooting. Interesting chat with the team that have to get the props. He said it’s surprisingly how helpful people are to lend out to film studios. Never watched the program. 
    I would say it’s closer to South Wimbledon than Morden but probably not much in it. I think you can still see the frontage that was the outside of Sun Hill police station and attached to it is what used to look like an Ambulance bay. 
  • Options
    Viv was the  barmaid in OFAH too. ITV wouldn't let her do both though.
  • Options
    Wasn’t fools and horses filmed in Bristol ? I think that estate they lived on is down there (& not Peckham)
  • Options
    Wasn’t fools and horses filmed in Bristol ? I think that estate they lived on is down there (& not Peckham)

Correct, Nelson Mandela House is next door to Ashton Gate..
  • Options

Nelson Mandela House under renovation

• Options
    It was my favourite programme.
    I was well pissed off when they binned it.
    I never understood why.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:

The Jim Carver on the sauce episodes were quality. The yoot on the Jasmin Allen were running riot.
    Alright George!

PC George Garfield - The Bill  TVmaze
  • Options
    Who would win in a fight between the Cockcroft Estate & the Jasmine Allan? 
  • Options
    Staggered we’ve got this far with no mention of Honey Harman 

• Options
    Beth Cordingly for me
  • Options

kimtiddy hashtag on Twitter
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I had to take a prop to the studio once. It was down in Morden. I almost walked in whilst they were shooting. Interesting chat with the team that have to get the props. He said it’s surprisingly how helpful people are to lend out to film studios. Never watched the program. 
    I would say it’s closer to South Wimbledon than Morden but probably not much in it. I think you can still see the frontage that was the outside of Sun Hill police station and attached to it is what used to look like an Ambulance bay. 
    Yep, closer to South Wimbledon tube, jubilee business park I think it’s called, it’s presently (or it was 18-months ago) an Asian TV production company or something, used to walk past it for lunch. Interesting building as was clearly constructed to look bigger than it was...

• Options

Nelson Mandela House under renovation

Looks like a Tin pot club, developing 3 sides of the ground and leaving the away end as it is...
    The first time i went the away end was the one on the left f picture.

Sorry going back to The Bill now.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Boom said:

Alright George!

Took longer than expected!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Solidgone said:
    Yep, closer to South Wimbledon tube, jubilee business park I think it’s called, it’s presently (or it was 18-months ago) an Asian TV production company or something, used to walk past it for lunch. Interesting building as was clearly constructed to look bigger than it was...

It was taken over by an Iranian tv network, Marjan, which by all accounts is the most watched Persian language network 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2020
    when my parents divorced in 1979, we had a social worker assigned to me & my brothers, it was Trudy Goodwin’s mother (WPC June Ackland)

And the guy who played the Sergeant (with the big nose: his name escapes me) once came into the liberal club before a game against arsenal and signed a beer mat 
  • Options
    Bob Cryer was the sergeant played by Eric Richard.
  • Options
    Bob Cryer
  • Options

Was thinking the same regarding Vicky Hagen.
    And DC Jo Masters had a rack on her.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Who would win in a fight between the Cockcroft Estate & the Jasmine Allan? 
    The Larkmead would piss all over both of them........unless Polly Page and Tony Stamp were there to break it all up.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Jasmine Allen, Cockcroft, Larkmead and Harris (?)

any other estates in The London Borough of Canley covered by Sun Hill ? 
  • Options
    Don Beech was a rascal.

Phil Hunter and Micky Webb were particular favourites of mine but Danny Glaze gets a special mention because of the voluminous ‘fro he sported. 
  • Options
    Oh yeah, DS Debbie McAlister did it for me. 
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Off_it said:
    Boom said:

Alright George!

Took longer than expected!
    The same smile and everything ...... it's uncanny!
  • Options
    Don Beech was a rascal.

Phil Hunter and Micky Webb were particular favourites of mine but Danny Glaze gets a special mention because of the voluminous ‘fro he sported. 
    I've played 5 a side against DC Mickey Webb on a number of occasions, nice guy average 5 a side player