Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bill (Old school)

Comments

• Options
    They used my mates house for an episode. They basically kicked him out of his house for 14 hours for only 30 seconds of footage. However, he did get £750 cash out of it. 
  • Options
    I used to watch it when the episodes were an hour long. Always remember the DI with ginger hair. Tosh Lines was a drunkard though & I believe they had to throw him off the set because of it. 

Yeah he was Roy Galloway.  I thought by the Bill standards he was a very decent actor.  He left at end if series three when they moved to 30 min episodes without any comment or fanfare which was a real shame.

Not seen him in anything else and wondered why as he was decent.
    Played Tony in Abigail's Party
  • Options
    I used to watch it when the episodes were an hour long. Always remember the DI with ginger hair. Tosh Lines was a drunkard though & I believe they had to throw him off the set because of it. 

Yeah he was Roy Galloway.  I thought by the Bill standards he was a very decent actor.  He left at end if series three when they moved to 30 min episodes without any comment or fanfare which was a real shame.

Not seen him in anything else and wondered why as he was decent.
    Mate you have become a full on Bill geek. Fair play for being productive during a pandemic 😀
     Sam Nixon was my favourite,  but I'm biased as she's my mums mate.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Jasmine Allen, Cockcroft, Larkmead and Harris (?)

any other estates in The London Borough of Canley covered by Sun Hill ? 
    Cole Lane Estate too
  • Options
    Staggered we’ve got this far with no mention of Honey Harman 

Very fit.

I quite liked June Ackland as well tbf.
  • Options
    I saw PC Stamp and Bob Cryer in Beckenham a couple of times.
  • Options
    DI Nixon... what a MILF
  • Options
    DI Nixon... what a MILF

15 out of 10!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah I saw Cryer in the Woodman once and Stamp's kids went to my school so both locals I think.

• Options

Yeah I saw Cryer in the Woodman once and Stamp's kids went to my school so both locals I think.

Surprised Cryer used the Woodman, his nose would have taken up a lot of the bar.
  • Options

Surprised Cryer used the Woodman, his nose would have taken up a lot of the bar.

Ha ha.  I'd stopped in there on the way back from a very messy stag weekend in Prague so thought I was hallucinating at first but was defo him. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Tosh Lines was Kevin Lloyd.

As many of you know, Kevin Lloyd died of alcoholism when he was just 48 and just weeks after turning up drunk at the studio and being sacked. For a month after he died they showed episodes with Alfred "tosh" Lines.
    His wife who he had been united with just before his death and his eight kids must've given permission. Died in 1998

Kevin's dad and Grandad were policemen in Wales. When his dad was on an emergency call he died in a car crash at only 46.
    Died 1970.

Terry Lloyd, was a journalist who I met once at a party and was Kevin's younger brother.
    He was killed in Iraq while working for ITV when only 51, when ambushed. Died in 2003.

3 very sad stories of two brothers and their Dad. 
  • Options

Wasn't that a Plaguey Beak he was wearing?
  • Options
    Staggered we’ve got this far with no mention of Honey Harman 

Honey Harman was very arresting and had those come to bed eyes (easy tiger) 

Viv Martella looked 2nd generation Italian and was a babe back in the 9 years of her time on the show 84-93.  Viv was killed off.

• Options
    Was at a fete once and one of the entrants in a Battle of the Bands contest was called Bob Cryers Nose 
  • Options
    I was delivering a wrongly delivered letter to the correct address in Bramhope lane, Charlton. I walked away from the door as someone was getting in the car with a young lady, mistakenly they thought I was a cab as the lady asked me to take them to blackheath village, explaining I wasn’t a cab but I was going to Blackheath hospital so I’d willingly give them a lift the lady thanked me and got in. When I got in I realised it was Tony Scanlon and the lady was Liz Carling, I dropped them at a restaurant in the village he never spoke at all. She offered me £20 which I refused, but then said if she signed it to me I’d accept it, which she did. 
  • Options
    Great story T_C_E.

Tony Scanlon was good; but he wasn't quite Liz Carling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoying this thread. I miss The Bill. Haven't seen a mention of this character yet. Kate Spears, she was my fave. She caught superintendent Chandler's eye too.

• Options
    Looks like she’s had a heavy couple of nights tbf
  • Options
    Yeah reading the blurb on that site it said she was a party girl. So you're bang on. 
  • Options
    I once helped my dad dump our old sofa in an LEB substation while The Bill was filming outside.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    I once helped my dad dump our old sofa in an LEB substation while The Bill was filming outside.
    Cool story bro.
  • Options
    Polly was a bit dizzy.
  • Options
    Yeah reading the blurb on that site it said she was a party girl. So you're bang on. 
    Any chance you have her number? 
  • Options
    Liz Carling lived with Neil Morrisey in Priolo Road for a time.

• Options
    Liz Carling lived with Neil Morrisey in Priolo Road for a time.

Lucky Neil.