Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    Derek1952 said:
    As some  people do not think L.B was correct in his tactits,who would people want if he was to go.
    Do one! 
  • Options
    I’d go for Josef Fritzl if Bowyer did go. 
  • Options
    Do I think bowyer should be sacked.....no

do I think bowyer should be shown the stats of points dropped after 85 mins in the last 14 months and be asked to explain why he is still so negative.....yes
    i would love if he could answer that without blaming over players.
     these stats have been to me a major reason why i have been thinking he's not been right as our manager since lockdown has begun and a bit before. 
  • Options
    Easier to be positive when you have Taylor and Grant up front. 

To look at the squad we had in 2018, it's actually pretty poor we ended up 3rd. 
    Harsh. You're forgetting that our thin squad was badly hit by injury through November until the New Year, lost Grant without signing a goalscoring replacement and barely had a fit enough forward throughout most of February.

That's why the team finished only 3rd. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Harsh. You're forgetting that our thin squad was badly hit by injury through November until the New Year, lost Grant without signing a goalscoring replacement and barely had a fit enough forward throughout most of February.

We also didn't have a left back for much of that period.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

We also didn't have a left back for much of that period.
    Yes, of course, good point  .... with Page injured early on and no reserve LB, we either played Solly out of position or tried to compensate with 3 -5-2.

When Purrington came in January, he soon provided the shape and balance that had been missing in defence.
    He quickly made our defence much more solid.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Derek1952 said:
    As some  people do not think L.B was correct in his tactits,who would people want if he was to go.
    I'll try to answer your question as I'd hate your well meaning thread to be hijacked.

The simple answer is that I have no clue who is available & who might want it, but I suspect there would be more candidates than people would have you believe.

To name a few that I would throw into the mix would be.....

Eddie Howe 
    Nigel Pearson
    Chris Powell
    Slaven Billic

As managers come & go so frequently I lose track of who is in employment & who isn't so there are probably quite a few more who would be interested & would be able to do a decent job. . 
  • Options
    Bow has been f’king awful this season. Sorry i just say it as it is - its his fault we’ve dropped so many points and his absurd subs will be the downfall of him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Its about time this site had spellchecker.
    It’s about time people stopped making new threads for potential Bowyer replacements every time we don’t win a game! 
    Another one now 
  • Options
    I still don't want to really have to discuss this but it's almost like Bows is giving us no choice with his awful tactics. It's almost as if he is fishing for this discussion. He seriously needs to change his rods and nets.

Eddie Howe is the only other manager I would want.
    If people think that is unlikely then I disagree. I think TS could persuade him, and he would relish the challenge. If TS is really the real deal then Eddie Howe will know it and he would take the job. Ultimately it often boils down to the salary. 
    With Eddie Howe in charge, I would believe that TS's 4-5 year ambition is realistically possible.
  • Options
    These threads need to stop when we lose. Being honest though if you want Bowyer gone I have the feeling if we don't go up this season Sandgaard will let him go anyway so bit of a win/win for the minority in the out camp. 

I don't want Bowyer gone, he is tactically naive though and needs to learn. Got no real issue if we lose when it's due to things like teams having better players, crazy goals, the odd off days but I haven't watched one game this season where we have looked consistent through two halves, other than two consistent poor halves. He is starting us very negative in a lot of these games and making sides like (no disrespect) Shrewsbury, Burton, MK Dons & Swindon look like decent sides and it is very concerning. 

I feel like he still doesn't know his best XI, he uses a formation that doesnt cater to a diamond cause we don't have the midfielders on the level of what we had 1 & 2 seasons ago. I mainly want Bowyer to stay cause I like how he speaks, I feel a connection to him as our manager and he has shown us some dedication. I'll be honest though I can't lack the low quality of football on display, genuinely fell asleep today watching the game. 

I'll say this much, the team who are top right now we turn over every time we play them yet they have a very negative manager who their fans have wanted out for some time and he isn't exactly known for flashy football. What a terrible league 
  • Options
    I must have missed all these other threads. Link anyone?
  • Options
    Always wanted and still want Bowyer to do the business again but had so much Curbs love after seeing him today.  Yeah, long time out the game but still understands the principles of football and knows how to get Promotion! Curbs love us! So much better than some journeyman league 1 manger if Bowyer is given the boot...

• Options
    Always wanted and still want Bowyer to do the business again but had so much Curbs love after seeing him today.  Yeah, long time out the game but still understands the principles of football and knows how to get Promotion! Curbs love us! So much better than some journeyman league 1 manger if Bowyer is given the boot...
  • Options
    You can say that again. 
  • Options

do I think bowyer should be shown the stats of points dropped after 85 mins in the last 14 months and be asked to explain why he is still so negative.....yes
    Yeah, come on Louis or Cawley, who has the bottle to ask?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Cook would be my choice, promotion winner at his last three clubs, including this league with Wigan in 2018. Did an alright job at Wigan although they spent a few quid. 

Not saying I want Bowyer out. However, the big issue for me is two things. Firstly, he does not accept responsibility. Although a lot of top managers do the same, look at Mourinho the other night despite his awful tactics at Liverpool. So I can definitely reluctantly accept that. The obvious one is the negative tactics. We are a big fish in this pond and have the ability to beat most of the league. I'm not convinced Bowyer can motivate the players anymore because we are clearly struggling against inferior opposition. He deserves time to sort it out, but the major concern is that he doesn't seem to be learning. 
  • Options
    Morten Wieghorst. Nailed on!
  • Options
    These threads need to stop when we lose. Being honest though if you want Bowyer gone I have the feeling if we don't go up this season Sandgaard will let him go anyway so bit of a win/win for the minority in the out camp. 

I don't want Bowyer gone, he is tactically naive though and needs to learn. Got no real issue if we lose when it's due to things like teams having better players, crazy goals, the odd off days but I haven't watched one game this season where we have looked consistent through two halves, other than two consistent poor halves. He is starting us very negative in a lot of these games and making sides like (no disrespect) Shrewsbury, Burton, MK Dons & Swindon look like decent sides and it is very concerning. 

I feel like he still doesn't know his best XI, he uses a formation that doesnt cater to a diamond cause we don't have the midfielders on the level of what we had 1 & 2 seasons ago. I mainly want Bowyer to stay cause I like how he speaks, I feel a connection to him as our manager and he has shown us some dedication. I'll be honest though I can't lack the low quality of football on display, genuinely fell asleep today watching the game. 

I'll say this much, the team who are top right now we turn over every time we play them yet they have a very negative manager who their fans have wanted out for some time and he isn't exactly known for flashy football. What a terrible league 
    I don’t think these threads start just because we drop points, I thinks the fact that we keep dropping points in injury time is the cause. 16 last season and 4 in the last twos way games.

I would always expect to concede 1 or 2 over a course of a season by 8? Just one of those being avoided would have kept us up!

it’s frustrating that after 70 ministers when Maddison went off for purrington, everyone knew what the final outcome would be except bowyer! That’s the worry
    I get that but it just feels really distasteful is all. If we win a few playing the same style do the threads happen? I would say no

I don't think people are wrong, I just think a manager who has won us promotion and always kept us competitive deserves more than threads calling or suggesting he should be sacked.

As I've said on the post match though I do feel conflicted, his comments are bizarre 
  • Options

Yeah, come on Louis or Cawley, who has the bottle to ask?
    Neither. They both want to be his "friend" so that he can give them titbits of info every now & then. They aren't hardline journalists or neutral enough to ask the tough questions. Someone like Kevin Nolan might though. 
  • Options
    We have failed to beat Swindon, Burton, Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Mk Dons in recent weeks.  Hardly a surprise this thread has appeared.  It is a shit run.  9 points from our last 7 games is barely top half return and when you look at whom we have played it is pathetic.  Something is wrong.

Thing is, the run has coincided with the loss of Innis and Famewo, quite possibly the best CB pairing in the division, and at a time when Pearce and Deji have had spells unavailable.

With all the shit Bows has been through he deserves time to figure this out; but then it isn't me chucking £millions into the club to keep it afloat and you could hardly blame TS if he tired of these poor results quickly.

Who is available that I would want?  No idea. 

Howe is not dropping from PL to League One because TS is enthusiastic and anyway, his only spell away from Bournemouth was a disaster so he is not a sure thing. 

Cowley brothers play dire footy,.

Pearson is a dinosaur I want no where near the club. 

Powell I love but not sure I would want him back.

Billic-no chance he would drop to L1. 

My wild cars would be Pratley, a leader and warrior and we have done well with giving Powell and Bowyer first chances recently.... But would be harsh on Euell who may like a stab.  I have JJ as a coach rather than manager.
  • Options

Who is available that I would want?  No idea. 

Howe is not dropping from PL to League One because TS is enthusiastic and anyway, his only spell away from Bournemouth was a disaster so he is not a sure thing. 

Cowley brothers play dire footy,.

Pearson is a dinosaur I want no where near the club. 

Powell I love but not sure I would want him back.

Billic-no chance he would drop to L1. 

My wild cars would be Pratley, a leader and warrior and we have done well with giving Powell and Bowyer first chances recently.... But would be harsh on Euell who may like a stab.  I have JJ as a coach rather than manager.
    Paul Cook?
  • Options
    Seriously it's December give the manager and team a bit of time. We will be OK. I've said on numerous other threads I'm not a fan of this negative football and want us to go back to how LB played when he got us on that run to promotion, however this team is pony compared to that team and it ain't Lee's fault.
    Really do understand it's frustrating at the mo, but patience and some stability is key. 
    I don't think it's wise to start going down this road with a new ownership 
  • Options
    Seriously it's December give the manager and team a bit of time. We will be OK. I've said on numerous other threads I'm not a fan of this negative football and want us to go back to how LB played when he got us on that run to promotion, however this team is pony compared to that team and it ain't Lee's fault.
    Really do understand it's frustrating at the mo, but patience and some stability is key. 
    It's not as good as our promotion winning team no, but it's more than good enough to outclass a lot of teams in this league. 
  • Options
    It's not as good as our promotion winning team no, but it's more than good enough to outclass a lot of teams in this league. 
    Agreed it is.
    But I think another season in L1 if LB fails is not a massive disaster in the big picture. That's my opinion and understand others will want immediate promotion. We all have different opinions of what we are and where we are at.
    I think we we were a joke club for a long time, top to bottom and to expect us to all of a sudden be topping the league coz we have a new owner is unrealistic. I'm ok with baby steps but know others are are wanting us to run already.