Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer

124»

Comments

• Options
    I think we are in an unusual position in that relative to the league, the squad is pretty strong. Bowyer ignores the fact that we are relatively comfortable in a game and attempts to make us uncomfortable. His position is clearly that professionalism of players means they should be able to do this without being uncomfortable.

But the are not doing it, over and over again and then you clearly get in the realms of complete stubbornness. The data is there for all to see and the only one who can't see it seems to be Bowyer.

Why I think it is worth bringing in a caretaker manager like say JJ or Euell is that they will know the players. I noticed in his interview on Valley Pass that Curbs was not aware that Aneke is miles better than every other striker we have for example. Of course, if I was Sandgaard, i'd wan't to be sure they would not follow the same defensive tactics, but there is no reason to suppose that is the case. If it doesn't work, you can change it far more easily.

Maybe there is a case for making JJ and Euell joint managers so they can support each other and one could come to the forefront in a similar way to Curbs did with Gritt. I think this is a short term solution but it could work.

Where a few fans sell themselves short is in assuming they can't spot a flaw in approach because they are not qualified to be managers. That is true. I'm sure I would be a disaster if given the job. But I have been watching football for longer than Bowyer and that in itself gives you a insight that tells you that if the tactics look like a turd, smell like a turd and even taste like a turd, that is probably what they are. 
    If something looked and smelled like a turd, why on earth would you taste it?
  • Options
    I think we are in an unusual position in that relative to the league, the squad is pretty strong. Bowyer ignores the fact that we are relatively comfortable in a game and attempts to make us uncomfortable. His position is clearly that professionalism of players means they should be able to do this without being uncomfortable.

But the are not doing it, over and over again and then you clearly get in the realms of complete stubbornness. The data is there for all to see and the only one who can't see it seems to be Bowyer.

Why I think it is worth bringing in a caretaker manager like say JJ or Euell is that they will know the players. I noticed in his interview on Valley Pass that Curbs was not aware that Aneke is miles better than every other striker we have for example. Of course, if I was Sandgaard, i'd wan't to be sure they would not follow the same defensive tactics, but there is no reason to suppose that is the case. If it doesn't work, you can change it far more easily.

Maybe there is a case for making JJ and Euell joint managers so they can support each other and one could come to the forefront in a similar way to Curbs did with Gritt. I think this is a short term solution but it could work.

Where a few fans sell themselves short is in assuming they can't spot a flaw in approach because they are not qualified to be managers. That is true. I'm sure I would be a disaster if given the job. But I have been watching football for longer than Bowyer and that in itself gives you a insight that tells you that if the tactics look like a turd, smell like a turd and even taste like a turd, that is probably what they are. 
    If something looked and smelled like a turd, why on earth would you taste it?

• Options
    Eddie Howe isnt coming to Charlton if Bowyer was to be sacked.....lets get that cleared up. 

An established Premier League manager dropping to League 1......Just mental.
  • Options
    Eddie Howe isnt coming to Charlton if Bowyer was to be sacked.....lets get that cleared up. 

Don’t think it’s mental at all. Howe is the type to take on the right project. 
    Right owner and club. 
    That said, it’s all irrelevant. We should stick with Bows. He will be to Charlton what Howe was to Bournemouth  
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Don’t think it’s mental at all. Howe is the type to take on the right project. 
    Right owner and club. 
    That said, it’s all irrelevant. We should stick with Bows. He will be to Charlton what Howe was to Bournemouth  
    His stocks to high for that IMO. 

Agree that Bow should stay but maybe get an experienced head in there with him as his game management is poor.
  • Options

How many times has it stopped a goal and how many times has it cost us late goals?
  • Options
    Ian Holloway resigned from Grimsby the other day
  • Options
    Oh my god no. Bowyer has a few seasons to fulfil his potential as a manager of us and can get us to PL. Ian Holloway?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally think this thread is a bit mental.

Everyone's been crying out for Bowyer to get support from the ownership and for him to be able to put a team together with even a bit of money to spend for years.

Finally we get new ownership, supportive of Bowyer and he gets about 2 weeks to get as many players signed as possible in the toughest transfer window in probably forever. He does a pretty good job I think we can all agree, and just before Xmas we're just outside playoff, but only 4 points away from Top, with a game in hand on most of the teams above us, whilst having some of our key players injured (as usual).

Yet we've got a thread going about who to replace him? Bonkers.

Think we need to look at the bigger picture. If you'd shown the league table now to yourself on the day TS took over and said this is where we'll be, think we'd all be pretty happy.
    Couldn’t agree more.....there are some very strange folk around.🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    Kind of hurts seeing bowyer doing a pre match interview with a scummy midlands smuggish smirk on his face.

Really hope Sheffield United give them a battering.

Mixed thoughts about LB now. 

I hope he does well....but I also hope he does shit and completely f*cks it up. If that makes sense...
  • Options
    So you want him to do well at f*cking it up.