Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs?

Comments

• Options
    I have a subscription if anyone wants it shared.
  • Options
    He is very happy that he has a stand named after him and sits there every week! 
    Legend and master stroke by Thomas ! 
    Credit where due. Was it not Airman who started the campaign for naming the stand after Curbs? Thomas just did what he was told by the fans:) If I'm wrong with this I stand corrected.
  • Options
    There's a 90 day free trial available:

• Options
    Ladies and gents, curbs is past it, but it's great to see him close to the club again and doing his appearances on Charlton TV.
    He could be on skysports if he wanted. He is a name and is close with the well known broadcasters and pundits. He is very highly respected and has attachments.

But, he would rather be at the valley. It is where his soul sits. Whether he likes it or not.
    He actually is Charlton through and through.

I like how he openly speaks his mind and doesn't hold anything back. 

Like I say though, he is past it and most certainly will not be managing a football club again.

That's not a criticism. He has probably put family 1st and is now used to his circumstances....and probably rather happy about it.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

This I don't agree with. There were times you could see that both him & Scotty Minto were having to bite their lips during the Adkins debacle, being very careful not to be seen to be criticising him. It's only now that they are saying Adkins was crap..........without actually saying "Adkins was crap". I understand this, as their loyalty is towards the club, not the manager. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but it does lack honesty in someone willing to say shit when they see a turd, instead of pretending all is well. It's probably how I imagine all North Korean TV shows to be.............. :D
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

This I don't agree with. There were times you could see that both him & Scotty Minto were having to bite their lips during the Adkins debacle, being very careful not to be seen to be criticising him. It's only now that they are saying Adkins was crap..........without actually saying "Adkins was crap". I understand this, as their loyalty is towards the club, not the manager. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but it does lack honesty in someone willing to say shit when they see a turd, instead of pretending all is well. It's probably how I imagine all North Korean TV shows to be.............. :D
    I agree Tango. It was like the elephant in the room scenario when we were on that bad run. Adkins getting the sack just didn't get a mention.

Perhaps difficult for Minto and Curbs to call for outright but it was worth a conversation at least.  The guests don't need to be as reserved in what they say which should of at least allowed for the debate.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Dave2l said:

I agree Tango. It was like the elephant in the room scenario when we were on that bad run. Adkins getting the sack just didn't get a mention.

Perhaps difficult for Minto and Curbs to call for outright but it was worth a conversation at least.  The guests don't need to be as reserved in what they say which should of at least allowed for the debate.
    It was much the same when Bowyer was on the way out. I think it's an unwritten rule that you don't kick someone when they're down in football management.
    I seem to remember Curbs losing nine or ten on the trot, yet he came through it, to become a brilliant manager. He probably thinks back to those times where he himself was given the time to pull through it.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Dave2l said:

It was much the same when Bowyer was on the way out. I think it's an unwritten rule that you don't kick someone when they're down in football management.
    I seem to remember Curbs losing nine or ten on the trot, yet he came through it, to become a brilliant manager. He probably thinks back to those times where he himself was given the time to pull through it.
    It's not new or unique to Charlton.
    You can see ex man U players on TV not digging into ole so imagine what it's like on MUTV. I don't watch any other club channels but I'm sure the presenters and pundits can't always ask what they want to ask.

• Options
    That’s brilliant! And genuinely his signature as I have same on a signed shirt. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s brilliant! And genuinely his signature as I have same on a signed shirt. 
    Curbs alright, have the same on my premier league ball from 2006.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Meet Curbs, Emile Heskey and Emmanual Petit at 'Football Mania Live 2023'.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq5pQTlKKZ6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://footballmaniaevents.com/info
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Randomly saw this used in meme for The Office.

Bloody hell, thankfully the standard of football journalism has (mostly) improved in the intervening years!
  • Options
    Russ Abbot's Madhouse....some of them answers are superb - haha
  • Options
    No social media back then so it was a way of making you feel closer to the players. They did it all the time.
  • Options
    Every players favourite food was steak and chips
  • Options
    Not just a great manager, but a really classy midfielder who always seemed to have time on the ball, and spayed the ball around effortlessly.

I still vividly remember his warm up routine in front of the Sainsbury's terrace at Selhurst when he and the goalpost used to interact for 5 minutes or so before every game. I assume Curbs was stretching his calves or hamstrings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek is 72 now. Must have been an absolute nightmare to play against. 
  • Options
    The one they did on Derek Hales is a corker - check out some of his answers !!!

Amazing! Is that real?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Amazing! Is that real?
    It certainly is...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Amazing! Is that real?
    Yep - love the ‘what would you be if not a footballer’ answer ‘a burglar’ !!!
  • Options
    'favourite player' - nobody
    'favourite other team' - none

genuis 
  • Options
    'favourite player' - nobody
    'favourite other team' - none

genuis 
    I seem to recall him saying around the same time he was not particularly interested in football and to him it was just a job.
  • Options
    "And play with" Says Mike Flanagan
  • Options
    Fails the CL height test.
  • Options
    Sounds like he was a nightmare to interview!