Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:
    Why are players incapable of using both feet?

I can understand players having a preferred foot but to get to this level of football and not be able to kick with their non-preferred is disgraceful.
    Agreed, matthews is a liability at left back.
    How has he been a liability? 
  • Ah damn what a strike and shame about that. Would have been so nice to see that buried.
  • Whenever Steve Brown says it’s a good free kick to give away the opposition then either score or nearly score!
  • john3 said:
    Pratley needs some serious time out.
    There's nothing more depressing for me personally then watching these two old absolute cloggers start every fucking game
  • Get Maddison on, their defence will shit themselves
  • Laddick01 said:
    Just look like a side without any identity. 

I know where missing our CBs but even going forward it feels like we’re kind of hoping something will happen rather than having any sort of attacking game plan.
    We haven't had an attacking game plan all season.
  • If we’re going to get back into this match, we need an early goal .... Jeff
  • Sponsored links:

• Right. Now to turn it around & do something we haven't done since the play off final.
    Nope. We do the opposite.

Literally our last home game we were losing 1-2 at half time and won 5-2.

• What an effort from Maatsen.
  • I'm not watching, just following the scores.
    Can  someone please explain why Matthews is playing left-back.
  • Why does Bowyer insist on trying to play Prately , Watson, Matthews and Gunter !! Even out of position 
  • Draw this, win our game in hand and we'll be looking good, even before players return and we sign some new faces. 
    Maybe Bow is doing this to increase Thomas transfer fund next month. Cunning.  
    Or maybe not. 
  • Shockingly bad except for Maatsen.
  • This is so shite
    Attacking = Disagree... We could easily have three or four goals already; Maatsen (twice) and Washington should be on the scoresheet
    Defence = ABSOLUTELY... It should be 4-4 already, its alright asking where the goals are coming from but the defence makes it so difficult
  • edited December 2020
    Four shots, one on target, I wonder why we are losing.......according to BBC
  • Poor once again. 

You can see how poor Plymouth are, yet once again we are making them look competitive. Bowyer has got it completely wrong again with the formation - no doubt he will blame the players for making mistakes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Pratley is shit at CB, Matthews is shit at LB the midfield shape is all wrong, sideways passing even our goal should have been disallowed as Aneke fouled the defender.
  • Talal said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Why are players incapable of using both feet?

I can understand players having a preferred foot but to get to this level of football and not be able to kick with their non-preferred is disgraceful.
    Agreed, matthews is a liability at left back.
    How has he been a liability? 
    Because going forward when he gets the ball he always comes inside which invariably is a sideways or backwards pass. Means we have very little to offer moving forward on that side of the pitch.
  • 45 mins to save his job. 
  • If you're angry now, wait until you see who comes off and who comes on at half time
  • MrWalker said:
    Draw this, win our game in hand and we'll be looking good, even before players return and we sign some new faces. 
    Maybe Bow is doing this to increase Thomas transfer fund next month. Cunning.  
    Or maybe not. 
    You aim too low.

Win this, then win every game for the rest of the season.   Sorted.
  • Everytime our strikers get the ball they are playing back to goal. Whenever Plymouth get the ball they are playing facing our goal. Makes a huge difference 
  • Might as well just go all out attacking. We will concede more goals with this makeshift defence that Bowyer loves playing. Getting the hump with him now seriously poor tactics game after game. 
  • Bowyer is a bloody moron 
  • Come.on Curbs sort them out
  • Well apart from a couple of minutes of pressure, and Maatsen's shot, that was 45 minutes of turgid rubbish.

Defensively we are rubbish. Pratley having a nightmare and WTF is Matthews doing playing at left back.

Loved Steve Brown as a player. As a summariser today he is poor. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!