Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Comments

• Right back at left back, left back in midfield, midfielder in centre back, just too many square pegs in round holes, just play people in their natural positions!
  • edited December 2020
    I don't think Osh is fit yet? He was out for ages. Minutes are probably being carefully managed, can probably only play 45?
  • The team selection makes no sense at all.

We decide to play our left back in the midfield, which results in a right back (who can’t use his left foot) to start at left back.
    On top of this we have a defensive midfielder at centre back while we have a centre back sitting on the bench.
    Oh, and our most creative player on the bench against a team who have conceded 32 goals already this season.
    This x100.

• just put a fiver on 3-2@ 17/1

i'm an idiot ...
    Unless you bet on Plymouth to win by that scoreline?
  • cafc4life said:
    He’s just told the whole world he has all his family over breaking the COVID rules. Take it off him and draw it again !!
    Yep wasn’t sure if he was saying there is 4 generations of Addicks in his family 
    or he has 4 generations of family in the worlds biggest family bubble in his house 😂
    I was just commenting the same!!!!
  • Aneke and Williams are knackered now. What next?

It will take a miracle to get anything out of this now. We look poor.
  • Great Watson is out and no changes
  • Play football with Tony Linnett and now his sons, how funny
    hopefully he's proper charlton? bit concerned he weren't watching the game but sounds like he is a charlton man?
  • This is so shite
    Attacking = Disagree... We could easily have three or four goals already; Maatsen (twice) and Washington should be on the scoresheet
    Defence = ABSOLUTELY... It should be 4-4 already, its alright asking where the goals are coming from but the defence makes it so difficult
    Could easily be 3 up but we aren't and our final ball has been pretty poor and we look like conceding more and it's only Plymouth FFS
    Why's that? - I never understand that line of the argument?
    Because in recent games they let in 3 & 4 goals. 10 in their last 4. Like Swindon they are not very good at the back. 
  • Shocking defensive performance, Matthews may not be ideal at LB, but he's not the weakness. It's in the middle where we look so weak, Pratley having the worst game at CB I've seen him, Watson providing no cover in front of him
    Am worried that defensively we aren't going to be right until we have 2 CBs playing. What's the injury news on the injured CBs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    I am starting to wonder on Bowyer I’ll be honest.

Playing attacking football with Aribo, Grant, Bielik, Cullen, Taylor and Williams wasn’t too hard.

We go up, there’s no pressure or expectation. He’s allowed to play negatively because who can really blame him?

This season we’re looked very uninspired up top. Once again, I know he’s short player wise with Doughty and the defence out, but we do look a bit all over the place.

January could be key for him. Both transfer wise and results wise.
    Said when Sandgaard took over, the spotlight was going to fall on Bowyer a lot more and he had a new pressure and challenge. So far, for me, has hasn’t got on top of it yet. Not turning on him, I’m 100% behind him, and I I think he will figure it out. He does, however need a change of mindset imo. It’s concerning that he seems to have taken nothing on board from the Wimbledon win and gone back to overly defensive formation with players out of position. 
  • I was going to drive it past Farnell’s place all the time too.
    Me too mate
  • Steve Brown on commentary is right. Need some changes soon
  • Comeback on, kicking towards the Covered End :)
  • Come on Charlton 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Play football with Tony Linnett and now his sons, how funny
    hopefully he's proper charlton? bit concerned he weren't watching the game but sounds like he is a charlton man?
    Anyone who pays to watch our dire football is proper Charlton in my eyes
    1. 47'

Post update

Foul by Chuks Aneke (Charlton Athletic).

2. 47'

Post update

Will Aimson (Plymouth Argyle) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• I think the issue is that LB has favourites that he will play regardless of form and has a reluctance to play others - even if the former has to play out of position in order to get a game.

He keeps stressing how he needs to rotate players and yet the guy who is 36 in April has played 20 games (and the most of anyone in the squad) 
  • Sponsored links:

• This is so shite
    Attacking = Disagree... We could easily have three or four goals already; Maatsen (twice) and Washington should be on the scoresheet
    Defence = ABSOLUTELY... It should be 4-4 already, its alright asking where the goals are coming from but the defence makes it so difficult
    Could easily be 3 up but we aren't and our final ball has been pretty poor and we look like conceding more and it's only Plymouth FFS
    Why's that? - I never understand that line of the argument?
    Because in recent games they let in 3 & 4 goals. 10 in their last 4. Like Swindon they are not very good at the back. 
    They also have a damn good record on Boxing Day
  • Our final ball is awful. 
  • 49'

Post update

Attempt saved. Luke Jephcott (Plymouth Argyle) left footed shot from outside the box is saved.

• What's with the stooopid fouls Pearce. They don't make you a hardnut.
  • Get Chuks on for God's sake..
  • Not seeing much passback from Plymouth. Seems to be our MO.
  • 49. Greens weather a couple of early attacks down their right, and launch a break of their own. Pan finds Jephs on the edge of the area, but his is effort charged down and held by Amos. #pafc 1-2
  • I think the issue is that LB has favourites that he will play regardless of form and has a reluctance to play others - even if the former has to play out of position in order to get a game.

He keeps stressing how he needs to rotate players and yet the guy who is 36 in April has played 20 games (and the most of anyone in the squad) 
    Baffling that he’s gone with Pratley again. I don’t rate Deji but he needs to play, if he is fit.
    1. 50'

Post update

Foul by Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic).

2. 50'

Post update

Luke Jephcott (Plymouth Argyle) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Our free kick taker is sitting on the bench. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!