Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    I'm reminded of the way Simon Francis was constantly criticised.

Left to join Bournemouth and went on to captain them in the Premier League and did pretty well.

Constructive criticism is good. The make up of the team changed with the signings in the window after Schwartz signed.
    One of the most pitiful sights I have seen at The Valley was the match where Simon Francis visibly crumbled in front of our eyes. It was so sad to see and left me feeling so sorry for him. Imagine that was your son or brother out there. Certainly, I didn’t see him as having the mental strength to forge a successful stint with a team in the Premier. Fair play to him. The last laugh was on the doubters and those who verbally abused him that day.
  • Croydon said:
    The simple answer to all the problems.....Start him too see what he can do or if bringing him on as a sub, give him 30 minutes instead of 5. 

Personally think he is a good addition to our team that has been poorly managed up till now. 
    Who would you start him at the expense of though? It shouldn't be our other strikers who are scoring goals, and offer more across the pitch because they fit in with our play style better. 

I don't think someone is being poorly managed because they are not getting a place ahead of 3 strikers who are playing better then him. Especially when we don't know what goes on in training. 

I'd say the poor decision would be to bring him in January, and taking him away from his pregnant girlfriend during a pandemic, where he can't do anything but dwell on what's going on. 
    Fish, you seem to not let this lie. I think everyone knows your opinion. No-one is saying its not valid, just most including myself are saying give it time, he hasn't had the chance to settle or played enough.

We just have to trust the management team to either get the best out of him, or move him on if it was all hype. Seems to be going round in circles this conversation, surely it would be better to see in say 6 games or even the end of season. 
    Let what lie exactly? Why am I not allowed to voice my total disagreement to those posters who are arguing that Schwartz is being mismanaged by the team and treated harshly by fans?

This is nothing to do with whose opinion is valid or not. How do you think this thread should continue, that it should only be those in agreement making their point, and if you disagree then you shouldn't be able to respond?

The simple answer to all the problems.....Start him too see what he can do or if bringing him on as a sub, give him 30 minutes instead of 5. 

Personally think he is a good addition to our team that has been poorly managed up till now. 
    Who would you start him at the expense of though? It shouldn't be our other strikers who are scoring goals, and offer more across the pitch because they fit in with our play style better. 

I don't think someone is being poorly managed because they are not getting a place ahead of 3 strikers who are playing better then him. Especially when we don't know what goes on in training. 

I'd say the poor decision would be to bring him in January, and taking him away from his pregnant girlfriend during a pandemic, where he can't do anything but dwell on what's going on. 
    We have 4 strikers to rotate and he can play with either Stockley or Aneke..maybe even Washington if we play a high press game where Washington harries the defence and Schwartz picks up loose balls etc.

I believe Bowyer poorly managed him. To constantly say "he isnt up to speed" then not play him to build his fitness is stupid. Aneke though, who has issues, got 45 here, 60 there. Bowyer had one system and that was that.

He is an adult..he DIDNT have to move but chose to do so. No doubt it plays on his mind but this is his job and should be an outlet for him but instead he was made to splinter his arse on the bench...thats when he sit there and dwell...thinking WTF have I moved for when i'm not playing.
    I am certainly not a Bowyer defender at all - indeed I feel like we played some of our worst football under him, and his reliance in players like Pratley was quiet baffling. So he could have completely mismanaged Schwartz but would you rather give Aneke 45 minutes from the bench of Schwatz?

It's very early days, but this didn't change under JJ, or Adkins when he had a chance to put him on instead of Washington.
    i have stated you are more than entitled to your opinion, however you have repeated your point even to the point it feels like an agenda. Maybe its just how i have read things. 

By all means reason/ discuss this, but it just seems like the same things in response to others which include myself making the same point. Its going round in circles really. 

I do feel he hasn't been given the chance and with a new manager you would hope he can make the decision whether he deserves one.  (NB this does sound like i am repeating my point again so i apologise and will move on) 
    It's not an agenda to state that none of our other strikers deserve to be dropped. That's absolutely true.

All our strikers are currently playing well, and scoring fairly regularly. Why should Ronnie be given game time ahead of them? Just because we feel sorry that he's living in a hotel? 

I agree on that point, I haven't really said he should be playing ahead of anyone.. at least i dont think i have?? 

Aneke, deserves a spot as he is such a beast and scores
    Washington, our form forward and probably the place more likely RS needs to fight for, as i doubt they would pair each other
    Stockley, also a new signing and has done well. More hold up and play, similar to Aneke a bit without the power and not as much threat.

All 4 of our strikers seem decent for this level, well i say that but i assume Ronnie will step up when given the chance. 

My only thought and continued argument as such, is literally people who are writing him off it is far too soon and he hasn't been given the chance. I still feel personally he would be the best finisher at the club, but well see. I am giving him time to adjust to a new setting before forming a proper opinion. 
  • Croydon said:

Fish, you seem to not let this lie. I think everyone knows your opinion. No-one is saying its not valid, just most including myself are saying give it time, he hasn't had the chance to settle or played enough.

We just have to trust the management team to either get the best out of him, or move him on if it was all hype. Seems to be going round in circles this conversation, surely it would be better to see in say 6 games or even the end of season. 
    Let what lie exactly? Why am I not allowed to voice my total disagreement to those posters who are arguing that Schwartz is being mismanaged by the team and treated harshly by fans?

This is nothing to do with whose opinion is valid or not. How do you think this thread should continue, that it should only be those in agreement making their point, and if you disagree then you shouldn't be able to respond?

We have 4 strikers to rotate and he can play with either Stockley or Aneke..maybe even Washington if we play a high press game where Washington harries the defence and Schwartz picks up loose balls etc.

I believe Bowyer poorly managed him. To constantly say "he isnt up to speed" then not play him to build his fitness is stupid. Aneke though, who has issues, got 45 here, 60 there. Bowyer had one system and that was that.

He is an adult..he DIDNT have to move but chose to do so. No doubt it plays on his mind but this is his job and should be an outlet for him but instead he was made to splinter his arse on the bench...thats when he sit there and dwell...thinking WTF have I moved for when i'm not playing.
    I am certainly not a Bowyer defender at all - indeed I feel like we played some of our worst football under him, and his reliance in players like Pratley was quiet baffling. So he could have completely mismanaged Schwartz but would you rather give Aneke 45 minutes from the bench of Schwatz?

It's very early days, but this didn't change under JJ, or Adkins when he had a chance to put him on instead of Washington.
    i have stated you are more than entitled to your opinion, however you have repeated your point even to the point it feels like an agenda. Maybe its just how i have read things. 

By all means reason/ discuss this, but it just seems like the same things in response to others which include myself making the same point. Its going round in circles really. 

I do feel he hasn't been given the chance and with a new manager you would hope he can make the decision whether he deserves one.  (NB this does sound like i am repeating my point again so i apologise and will move on) 
    It's not an agenda to state that none of our other strikers deserve to be dropped. That's absolutely true.

All our strikers are currently playing well, and scoring fairly regularly. Why should Ronnie be given game time ahead of them? Just because we feel sorry that he's living in a hotel? 

The geezer knew what he was letting himself in for when he signed.

This is no criticism of him as I do have sympathy for the Dane as it seems that he was not a Bowyer signing.  For his sake I hope Adkins rates him and he can kick start his career with us.

Having said that I am dubious as to his success, the standard he has played at over the years has been no different to League 1 and he has hardly set the world alight.
  • Croydon said:

Why doesn’t he rent a place or does he think he won’t be here for long 
  • edited March 2021
    Croydon said:

This is no criticism of him as I do have sympathy for the Dane as it seems that he was not a Bowyer signing.  
    That's the second time I have seen that suggestion casually thrown into a post.
    Is there a single shred of evidence to back this up?
    (I'm genuinely curious, not being funny)
    How many games did he start/minutes play under Bowyer?
    Coincidence that a random fella from Denmark ends up at The Valley?  Very sussy.
  • Croydon said:

This is no criticism of him as I do have sympathy for the Dane as it seems that he was not a Bowyer signing.  
    Coincidence that a random fella from Denmark ends up at The Valley?  Very sussy.
    Nothing sussy. Obviously a TS signing, but I’m prepared to forgive him when he’s putting his hand in his pocket. And it’s not like he’s bought a mate who’s been playing in the Danish lower leagues. He’s got pedigree. It’s not a natural foreign transfer with what’s going on. I think next season, under a new manager and with crowds he might be a useful asset. If not, nothing lost.
  • Croydon said:

Nah, I'm still not buying it.
    Chased through 2 windows and given a 2 1/2 year contract over the head of your manager?
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

Nothing sussy. Obviously a TS signing, but I’m prepared to forgive him when he’s putting his hand in his pocket. And it’s not like he’s bought a mate who’s been playing in the Danish lower leagues. He’s got pedigree. It’s not a natural foreign transfer with what’s going on. I think next season, under a new manager and with crowds he might be a useful asset. If not, nothing lost.
    Pedigree? Have you seen the rubbish he has played for?
  • Croydon said:

Better than League One Charlton!
  • Croydon said:

Definitely not.  Top league football in Scandinavia is League 1 standard.
  • se9addick said:
    You’d think Gallen & Sandgaard people trafficked Schwartz into the country against his will the way people are going on about how tough the circumstances for him must be. He chose to do this, probably because he couldn’t believe his luck. 

You have no idea, so why insult one of our players?
  • Croydon said:

Hmm, would say that the top teams (FC Midtjylland and FC Copenhagen) in Denmark definitely are more Championship than League 1.
  • Danepak said:
    Croydon said:

Hmm, would say that the top teams (FC Midtjylland and FC Copenhagen) in Denmark definitely are more Championship than League 1.
    From my experience of the Allsvenskan in Sweden I'll stick by my view.
    The standards in Sweden and Denmark I'd put down as similar.
    I'd fancy Elfsborg being given the runaround in the Championship.
  • Not been impressed with what I've seen so far but refuse to judge the bloke on the few minutes he's played. Maybe a readjustment to the playing formation will suite him. We'll see next season. 
  • Danepak said:
    Croydon said:

"From my experience of football in Sweden, I'll judge the football in Denmark"
    Edited for you
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

None what so ever. Danish owner, danish striker. 2+2=?

I also read on here that bowyer had the final say on transfers written into his contract! If that is the case, I’m not sure how Schwartz couldn’t be a bowyer signing.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Danepak said:
    Croydon said:

Edited for you
    Meaning......
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Danepak said:
    Croydon said:

Edited for you
    Meaning......
    Dazz won’t have a bad word said about rocking Ronnie.
  • Croydon said:

FC Midtjylland who got two draws in the Champions League against Liverpool and Atalanta? Yes he wasn’t playing for them this year but got 6 in 15 or similar last season for them. What about Guingamp who were comfortably mid table in Ligue 1 when he signed for them?

An instant impact didn’t materialise under Bowyer but who else has truly shone this season? Foreign players can struggle to adapt at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. Let’s at least give him more than a few sub appearances before he’s totally written off.
    Please do not get me wrong.  I am not writing him off, particularly as I have not seen him play.

However, the only pedigree he has been connected with is found in a dogs bowl.
  • Never even seen him play 😂😂😂😂
  • Croydon said:

FC Midtjylland who got two draws in the Champions League against Liverpool and Atalanta? Yes he wasn’t playing for them this year but got 6 in 15 or similar last season for them. What about Guingamp who were comfortably mid table in Ligue 1 when he signed for them?

An instant impact didn’t materialise under Bowyer but who else has truly shone this season? Foreign players can struggle to adapt at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. Let’s at least give him more than a few sub appearances before he’s totally written off.
    Please do not get me wrong.  I am not writing him off, particularly as I have not seen him play.

Don’t let a trivial point such as that stop you 😂
  • Croydon said:

Don’t let a trivial point such as that stop you 😂
    Okay, fuck it then.  He's got to be shit, he's from Denmark.
  • Never even seen him play 😂😂😂😂
    I work for the ONS.