Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Does Schwartz have an injury or was he just dropped from the squad yesterday?
  • As one of the best strikers in the Danish Supaliga the last few seasons was he not on international duty  ? 
  • Croydon said:
    The simple answer to all the problems.....Start him too see what he can do or if bringing him on as a sub, give him 30 minutes instead of 5. 

Personally think he is a good addition to our team that has been poorly managed up till now. 
    Who would you start him at the expense of though? It shouldn't be our other strikers who are scoring goals, and offer more across the pitch because they fit in with our play style better. 

I don't think someone is being poorly managed because they are not getting a place ahead of 3 strikers who are playing better then him. Especially when we don't know what goes on in training. 

I'd say the poor decision would be to bring him in January, and taking him away from his pregnant girlfriend during a pandemic, where he can't do anything but dwell on what's going on. 
    Fish, you seem to not let this lie. I think everyone knows your opinion. No-one is saying its not valid, just most including myself are saying give it time, he hasn't had the chance to settle or played enough.

We just have to trust the management team to either get the best out of him, or move him on if it was all hype. Seems to be going round in circles this conversation, surely it would be better to see in say 6 games or even the end of season. 
    Let what lie exactly? Why am I not allowed to voice my total disagreement to those posters who are arguing that Schwartz is being mismanaged by the team and treated harshly by fans?

This is nothing to do with whose opinion is valid or not. How do you think this thread should continue, that it should only be those in agreement making their point, and if you disagree then you shouldn't be able to respond?

The simple answer to all the problems.....Start him too see what he can do or if bringing him on as a sub, give him 30 minutes instead of 5. 

Personally think he is a good addition to our team that has been poorly managed up till now. 
    Who would you start him at the expense of though? It shouldn't be our other strikers who are scoring goals, and offer more across the pitch because they fit in with our play style better. 

I don't think someone is being poorly managed because they are not getting a place ahead of 3 strikers who are playing better then him. Especially when we don't know what goes on in training. 

I'd say the poor decision would be to bring him in January, and taking him away from his pregnant girlfriend during a pandemic, where he can't do anything but dwell on what's going on. 
    We have 4 strikers to rotate and he can play with either Stockley or Aneke..maybe even Washington if we play a high press game where Washington harries the defence and Schwartz picks up loose balls etc.

I believe Bowyer poorly managed him. To constantly say "he isnt up to speed" then not play him to build his fitness is stupid. Aneke though, who has issues, got 45 here, 60 there. Bowyer had one system and that was that.

He is an adult..he DIDNT have to move but chose to do so. No doubt it plays on his mind but this is his job and should be an outlet for him but instead he was made to splinter his arse on the bench...thats when he sit there and dwell...thinking WTF have I moved for when i'm not playing.
    I am certainly not a Bowyer defender at all - indeed I feel like we played some of our worst football under him, and his reliance in players like Pratley was quiet baffling. So he could have completely mismanaged Schwartz but would you rather give Aneke 45 minutes from the bench of Schwatz?

It's very early days, but this didn't change under JJ, or Adkins when he had a chance to put him on instead of Washington.
    i have stated you are more than entitled to your opinion, however you have repeated your point even to the point it feels like an agenda. Maybe its just how i have read things. 

By all means reason/ discuss this, but it just seems like the same things in response to others which include myself making the same point. Its going round in circles really. 

I do feel he hasn't been given the chance and with a new manager you would hope he can make the decision whether he deserves one.  (NB this does sound like i am repeating my point again so i apologise and will move on) 
    It's not an agenda to state that none of our other strikers deserve to be dropped. That's absolutely true.

All our strikers are currently playing well, and scoring fairly regularly. Why should Ronnie be given game time ahead of them? Just because we feel sorry that he's living in a hotel? 

This is no criticism of him as I do have sympathy for the Dane as it seems that he was not a Bowyer signing.  
    That's the second time I have seen that suggestion casually thrown into a post.
    Is there a single shred of evidence to back this up?
    (I'm genuinely curious, not being funny)
    How many games did he start/minutes play under Bowyer?
    Coincidence that a random fella from Denmark ends up at The Valley?  Very sussy.
    Nothing sussy. Obviously a TS signing, but I’m prepared to forgive him when he’s putting his hand in his pocket. And it’s not like he’s bought a mate who’s been playing in the Danish lower leagues. He’s got pedigree. It’s not a natural foreign transfer with what’s going on. I think next season, under a new manager and with crowds he might be a useful asset. If not, nothing lost.
    Pedigree? Have you seen the rubbish he has played for?
    FC Midtjylland who got two draws in the Champions League against Liverpool and Atalanta? Yes he wasn’t playing for them this year but got 6 in 15 or similar last season for them. What about Guingamp who were comfortably mid table in Ligue 1 when he signed for them?

An instant impact didn’t materialise under Bowyer but who else has truly shone this season? Foreign players can struggle to adapt at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. Let’s at least give him more than a few sub appearances before he’s totally written off.
    They also smashed Slavia Prague 4-1 in CL qualifying, who as we've seen from their Europe league exploits are definitely better than league one level.
  • edited April 2021
    Schwartz is never going to play as a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1. And that's what Adkins plays. I'm sure he'll be off in the Summer.
  • Signed for our playoffs push, not sure if that’s this season, or next season.
  • Feel a bit sorry for him really, especially as his family are (i believe) still back in Denmark. I know there's often a feeling of 'pro footballers have money so are therefore immune to problems', but it can't be easy for him.
    He could have stayed in Denmark.
  • I think it's time Adkins put his trust in Ronnie boy & played him from the start if Aneke & Washington  are still out injured. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah think we should have done our due diligence in January and realised he wouldn't fit into our system that we play. 

He's suited a lot more to European football where the forward doesn't need to be too involved in the build up play. In England most strikers now are expected to play a part in holding up the ball and creating chances.

Can see him moving on in the summer.
  • Feel a bit sorry for him really, especially as his family are (i believe) still back in Denmark. I know there's often a feeling of 'pro footballers have money so are therefore immune to problems', but it can't be easy for him.
    He could have stayed in Denmark.
    He could've done yes but he wasn't playing much (i know he isn't now either), so you can't really criticise him for wanting to get over here and experience a new country/league.
  • “Hindsight”? Unless he was living under a rock I’m pretty confident he would have been aware that there was a rather major global pandemic taking place. He signed in early January when London was in lockdown, so it’s not even though he signed in a period when society was open. 

He took the chance, probably couldn’t believe his luck, and he’s living with the consequences of his decisions. I wish him the best and hope he’s successful for us, but on current evidence our time and energy spent chasing him over two transfer windows was wasted. 
  • se9addick said:
    “Hindsight”? Unless he was living under a rock I’m pretty confident he would have been aware that there was a rather major global pandemic taking place. He signed in early January when London was in lockdown, so it’s not even though he signed in a period when society was open. 

He took the chance, probably couldn’t believe his luck, and he’s living with the consequences of his decisions. I wish him the best and hope he’s successful for us, but on current evidence our time and energy spent chasing him over two transfer windows was wasted. 
    I don't think anyone has said that he didn't know there was a pandemic. I think he's been in a difficult place. He was frozen out in Denmark, and even when that started he decided not to join us in the summer. Then after after months of not playing he decided to take the plunge because it was that or lose a season of his career, though it was probably a hard decision. You can guess at how much things will affect you but you don't know until you actually get faced with them. He arrived at Charlton not match fit, unable to properly with his teammates, away from his family in a new country and league, in a team that was in decline on the pitch. I'm sure he could have guessed at some of it, but I reckon it's been tougher for him than he expected. That's where the hindsight comes in. Even when he joined and we all hoped he would bang goals in for us, I think there was acceptance that he would be playing catch-up in terms of fitness and adaptation and it would be a while before he was properly settled. I thought he would have scored more goals than he has at this point, but he's got the rest of the season and then pre-season to get into the groove ahead of a new season with a new manager and likely a host of new players. I don't think the, I imagine utterly exhausting, amount of energy and time spent...ringing him and his club up and asking him to join has been wasted yet, it's way too early to say.
  • edited April 2021
    se9addick said:
    “Hindsight”? Unless he was living under a rock I’m pretty confident he would have been aware that there was a rather major global pandemic taking place. He signed in early January when London was in lockdown, so it’s not even though he signed in a period when society was open. 

You really think he SIGNED his contract in January?

He signed a contract to start in January, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't signed any time between the two windows and only became official in January. Would explain why he was frozen out so long at Midjtylland. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If he can't get on in a must win home game then what a sad indictment that is. Dress it up all you like, but I say it again he's a dud, pure and simple. 
     Looks that way. 
    I guess Bowyer was just trying to humour the owner when he stuck him on.
  • Adkins said he considered bringing Ronnie on to play up with Jaden but thought two midfielders would leave us susceptible on the counter. 
  • He doesn't fit the way we're playing at the moment. It would be good if over the summer we brought in a higher standard of midfielder so we weren't so reliant on a target man as striker. Having said that, Ronnie is going to have to improve a lot of his off the ball work if he's ever going to fit into Adkins' formation with one up front
  • He doesn't fit the way we're playing at the moment. It would be good if over the summer we brought in a higher standard of midfielder so we weren't so reliant on a target man as striker. Having said that, Ronnie is going to have to improve a lot of his off the ball work if he's ever going to fit into Adkins' formation with one up front
    Genuine question, what is his style of play? People were saying that when we were hoofing long balls up the middle, now we're playing with two wingers the same reason is given. What do we have to do to accommodate him? 
  • Stig said:
    He doesn't fit the way we're playing at the moment. It would be good if over the summer we brought in a higher standard of midfielder so we weren't so reliant on a target man as striker. Having said that, Ronnie is going to have to improve a lot of his off the ball work if he's ever going to fit into Adkins' formation with one up front
    Genuine question, what is his style of play? People were saying that when we were hoofing long balls up the middle, now we're playing with two wingers the same reason is given. What do we have to do to accommodate him? 
    needs to get the ball for a tap in cos he can't do anything else
  • Dont see why we paid so much for him and not a player that you can carry in league 1
  • Stig said:
    He doesn't fit the way we're playing at the moment. It would be good if over the summer we brought in a higher standard of midfielder so we weren't so reliant on a target man as striker. Having said that, Ronnie is going to have to improve a lot of his off the ball work if he's ever going to fit into Adkins' formation with one up front
    Drop down about 3 leagues.
    And there was me thinking the top division in Denmark was strong.