Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Gone back to Denmark to be with his wife? Or is he still attending games?
  • That was my question a few weeks back but don't think anybody knows. 
  • SamB09 said:
    Gone back to Denmark to be with his wife? Or is he still attending games?
    Think he was in the stands last night. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    SamB09 said:
    Gone back to Denmark to be with his wife? Or is he still attending games?
    Think he was in the stands last night. 
    Yeah pretty sure he came down to hand Albie something when he came on as sub. In a smart long dark coat.
  • se9addick said:
    Maybe we’re saving him for the playoffs!
    fancy him to get the winner against Sunderland at Wembley
  • Chrispy51 said:
    I would love to see him have a run of games with either aneke or stockley. He hasn’t played in a 2 up top role when we have been playing balls into the box. With stockley / aneke winning the first ball he would get the chances to poach
    Well of course the style and formation Adkins wants to play will largely dictate the team sheet. However its clear that Schwartz can't be knocking down the door in training as Adkins/Jackson/Euell have not seen anything to even think he is worth a punt on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Ronnie will be around for pre-season going by Nigel's comments
    One thing I will say about Ronnie, is that from the very limited snippets I've seen and heard about him is that he seems a well respected guy in and around the team.
    Completely agree, you only have to look back at those Upbeats videos the team were copying

Not EVERYONE got involved if I remember rightly, but Ronnie did, for me thats not the sign of someone unhappy and not wanting to be here
  • Sounds like Ronnie will be around for pre-season going by Nigel's comments
    We’ll see, I’m not reading too much in to that. Best that Adkins says that as it doesn’t rule it out but things could change if we make the signings we’re after and a move becomes available that suits Schwartz.
  • Am certain Schwartz will not play 10 more games for us.
  • edited May 2021
    Am certain Schwartz will not play 10 more games for us.
    As Brucie would have said, are you going higher or lower?

I mean, that's an oddly specific statement...

PS I'm going higher.
  • Am certain Schwartz will not play 10 more games for us.

PS I'm going higher.
    Why is it odd?
    Annnyyyyway, something does not seem right, he has not been given much game time, and is not even on the bench when apparantly fit.
  • edited May 2021
    Am certain Schwartz will not play 10 more games for us.

PS I'm going higher.
    I thought the same thing...
     I mean ten, no way, I’d be surprised if he gets 8 and is then subbed off after 53 minutes in the ninth...

*my weird 😎
  • Based on the Q&A last night it seems that Adkins certainly hasn't written him off yet, doesn't really seem to fit the system as it stands but a proper pre-season where Adkins can have the squad he wants not the one he inherited and who knows?
  • “Not fitting the system” would explain not being in the starting XI but I’m not sure it explains not even being in the squad (especially whilst Washington was out).
  • Sponsored links:

• After every game
  • thenewbie said:
    Based on the Q&A last night it seems that Adkins certainly hasn't written him off yet, doesn't really seem to fit the system as it stands but a proper pre-season where Adkins can have the squad he wants not the one he inherited and who knows?
    Who am I to question Adkins but isn’t Ronnie that poacher in the box ? Not sure what specific role you apply to that type of player other than close down defenders when you haven’t got the ball. The ability to arrive in the box and get on the end of things is one of those things it’s almost impossible to teach. Certainly give him limited other responsibilities when not in possession but if you’re going to treat players like Ronnie as an out and out luxury then he’ll never get a game and the team won’t benefit from goals from nothing. 
  • edited May 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Based on the Q&A last night it seems that Adkins certainly hasn't written him off yet, doesn't really seem to fit the system as it stands but a proper pre-season where Adkins can have the squad he wants not the one he inherited and who knows?
    Who am I to question Adkins but isn’t Ronnie that poacher in the box ? Not sure what specific role you apply to that type of player other than close down defenders when you haven’t got the ball. The ability to arrive in the box and get on the end of things is one of those things it’s almost impossible to teach. Certainly give him limited other responsibilities when not in possession but if you’re going to treat players like Ronnie as an out and out luxury then he’ll never get a game and the team won’t benefit from goals from nothing. 
    But the system we are currently using is because it makes best use of the players we currently have. Once Adkins has had a window/pre-season, that might change to a shape that favours two up front more.

Powell got a lot of mileage out of a classic two up front, one of which was BWP who didn't bring much outside of goal scoring but the team as a whole compensated for that. That could be Schwartz's role next season - not as a "luxury" but with a specific job in the team.
  • thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    But the system we are currently using is because it makes best use of the players we currently have. Once Adkins has had a window/pre-season, that might change to a shape that favours two up front more.

Powell got a lot of mileage out of a classic two up front, one of which was BWP who didn't bring much outside of goal scoring but the team as a whole compensated for that. That could be Schwartz's role next season - not as a "luxury" but with a specific job in the team.
    Don’t most teams have a “plan B”? If Schwartz is a competent goal scorer wouldn’t there at least be a place amongst our seven substitutes should the need arise (as it often has) for a goal to be scored with 5/10/15 mins remaining? 
  • se9addick said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:

Don’t most teams have a “plan B”? If Schwartz is a competent goal scorer wouldn’t there at least be a place amongst our seven substitutes should the need arise (as it often has) for a goal to be scored with 5/10/15 mins remaining? 
    I'd agree, but I am not Adkins. The specific comments I was referring to were on the lines that Adkins seems to feel that the personal circumstances and situation that Schwartz joined in (from a foreign league during Covid, with the team in bad form in general) were not ideal, and that a proper preseason to join the group properly might help there.

I am taking that as Schwartz not being written off yet. It might be it's decided by either the club or the player he's better off seeking a new start elsewhere but I don't think he's being completely discounted.

We know from how Gilbey's form has transformed that mental state/mindset can have a massive impact on form and performance.
  • Charlton Athletic boss Adkins on lack of game time for striker Ronnie Schwartz

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1078694347?-11197:833
  • How much a week are we paying him? I imagine it must be fair whack for him to move countries during a pandemic.
  • How much a week are we paying him? I imagine it must be fair whack for him to move countries during a pandemic.
    We were still under a Salary Cap when he signed though, so cant see him being on too much
  • edited June 2021
    SamB09 said:
    Anyone else have a feeling that Ronnie and Stockley will
    be our striker partnership this season? 
    Guess it depends how they do during pre-season, cant rule out Washington either

Depends as well if Nigel sticks with his sole striker up top