Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• SamB09 said:
    Anyone else have a feeling that Ronnie and Stockley will
    be our striker partnership this season? 
    No, I don’t think we’ll play 2 up top.
  • SamB09 said:
    Anyone else have a feeling that Ronnie and Stockley will
    be our striker partnership this season? 
    Hope not
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    I dont get the negativity about him. He never actually got a run of games last season did he. I would like to see him start a few games and then see what he is about. Ok he missed a penalty but that's hardly a reason to assume he is rubbish imo. He might just be the perfect player to pick up the balls in the area that we were lacking last season
    The managers see him in training every day, we don't.  All 3 of them didn't see fit to give him a "run of games".  The longer he was here the less time he spent on the pitch.  He didn't rip up the u23 game he played did he?

I suspect if it was a match fitness/sharpness issue he might have got a few more u23 games, especially when we had no intention of using him in the 1st team.

It's not good when you are one of only two available strikers at the club and your on the bench, at home, in a nil nil, when your allowed to make 5 subs and you don't even get on. 
    It's even worse than that when you consider his last manager in Denmark wouldn't pick him either.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    I dont get the negativity about him. He never actually got a run of games last season did he. I would like to see him start a few games and then see what he is about. Ok he missed a penalty but that's hardly a reason to assume he is rubbish imo. He might just be the perfect player to pick up the balls in the area that we were lacking last season
    The managers see him in training every day, we don't.  All 3 of them didn't see fit to give him a "run of games".  The longer he was here the less time he spent on the pitch.  He didn't rip up the u23 game he played did he?

I suspect if it was a match fitness/sharpness issue he might have got a few more u23 games, especially when we had no intention of using him in the 1st team.

It's not good when you are one of only two available strikers at the club and your on the bench, at home, in a nil nil, when your allowed to make 5 subs and you don't even get on. 
    It's even worse than that when you consider his last manager in Denmark wouldn't pick him either.
    He got dropped for putting in a transfer request to us. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

He got dropped for putting in a transfer request to us. 
    I think that's unlikely as he only played a hand full of games for Midtjylland before the take over. Unless he really wanted to come to us under Elliottttttt......... 
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a terrible signing and like others have said really could have been difference of getting in the playoffs.

• Unbelievable people still defending this signing which consigned us to another season in this awful awful division 
     He did that on his own ? Nothing to do with no CB's, Doherty  getting injured, Lee Bowyer losing it at the end then?
    We did waste valuable budget on him, when CBs were needed. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
    Jackson didn't start him either.  Did he even bring him on? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
    Judging Jackson’s managerial decisions based over 90 mins isn’t a fair reflection 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
    Judging Jackson’s managerial decisions based over 90 mins isn’t a fair reflection 
    It is true nonetheless…
  • Wonder if this signing did the trick of sending Bowyer over the edge and off to Birmingham?
  • It is too soon to write him off. He has barely played any minutes at all and we don’t see what happens in training. 

A number of players can come good after they initially arrive. 
  • edited June 2021
    I see a lot of people judging him on games where he never got the ball than the games where he did. 

In my view, when he did get it, he looked excellent technically and showed some great vision and passing and is no doubt a top finisher.

The larger question is whether there is much room in the game for a poacher, much less at the forefront of Adkins lone striker formations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone on CL unearthed stats revealing that in the game at Burton, IIRC, Schwartz came on as sub and 'played' for about 20 minutes without even touching the ball.  An extraordinary feat, repeated in a sub appearance of about ten minutes in another game. Let's face it, the Danish pastry is flaky.

• Literally one post later
  • It is too soon to write him off. He has barely played any minutes at all and we don’t see what happens in training. 

I played on a charity golf day in the early 200o’s and we had a former director in our group (I can’t remember his name - simmonds?). He said that all players are given 6 months to bed in and settle and are not always expected to hit the ground running
  • edited June 2021
    It is too soon to write him off. He has barely played any minutes at all and we don’t see what happens in training. 

I played on a charity golf day in the early 200o’s and we had a former director in our group (I can’t remember his name - simmonds?). He said that all players are given 6 months to bed in and settle and are not always expected to hit the ground running
    This does not conform to charltonlife logic!
  • If we had to judge Bale on that last Wales performance what would we all think?
    Im not suggesting our Ronnie is in the same league, good pun, but using it to pose the question…
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
    True, but he was in charge for one match, impossible to give him "a run of games". 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
    True, but he was in charge for one match, impossible to give him "a run of games". 
    No of course but I often think if 3 different people agree on something they are more likely right than if 1 thought differently.

Bowyer seemed less confident in playing DJ, Adkins preferred Matthews to Gunter as an example.

If 3 managers deem him unselectable I would think they are probably right. 

Wouldn’t it be better to write him off? That way, if he miraculously turns out to be decent we have a lovely surprise and if he doesn’t then we’ve set our expectations accordingly. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:

Three?
    No of course but I often think if 3 different people agree on something they are more likely right than if 1 thought differently.

Bowyer seemed less confident in playing DJ, Adkins preferred Matthews to Gunter as an example.

If 3 managers deem him unselectable I would think they are probably right. 
    Yes I agree, but Jackson had one game so shouldn't be counted as a manager who didn't fancy him. I think it's enough that Adkins really didn't fancy giving him a game though, particularly when we were short and needed a goal. There was the issue of settling though, I wouldn't be surprised if he fancies giving him pre-season and then there's a chance he'll leave towards the end of the window.