Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Yet even Bowyer who loved telling players they weren't good enough mentioned multiple times the quality of schwartz's finishing. 

I honestly believe it was a case of he didn't work hard enough for our formations.
  • If he was signed this window we'd be fairly hopeful. 

I say give him the preseason and see where he's at. Couple of easy goals in friendlies against b-sides to up his confidence and then see if he starts getting them in the league. 
    I think your’re right and if he doesn’t feature much , if at all in preseason then he’s probably off, it’s now or never, as Elvis once said….
  • The biggest problem for Shwartz currently is he doesn't fit in to Adkins typical 1 man up front formation, he might do quite well alongside Stockley if we were playing 2 up top, but I'm just not sure we'll see it often enough for him to find any form. 
  • edited June 2021
    The biggest problem for Shwartz currently is he doesn't fit in to Adkins typical 1 man up front formation, he might do quite well alongside Stockley if we were playing 2 up top, but I'm just not sure we'll see it often enough for him to find any form. 
    I agree with this, but then I question if Adkins is the stubborn type to not be willing to adjust his formation to get the best from all his players. 

Personally wouldn't mind Schwartz playing off Stockley in a typical 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. I guess he would be switching with Washington - however with Washington's fitness levels I can't see it being more than 30 mins per game. 

Tough one. I guess we could go with a rotation basis - Washington Saturday starts, Schwartz midweek and cup starts?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The biggest problem for Shwartz currently is he doesn't fit in to Adkins typical 1 man up front formation, he might do quite well alongside Stockley if we were playing 2 up top, but I'm just not sure we'll see it often enough for him to find any form. 
    I agree with this, but then I question if Adkins is the stubborn type to not be willing to adjust his formation to get the best from all his players. 

Personally wouldn't mind Schwartz playing off Stockley in a typical 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. I guess he would be switching with Washington - however with Washington's fitness levels I can't see it being more than 30 mins per game. 

Tough one. I guess we could go with a rotation basis - Washington Saturday starts, Schwartz midweek and cup starts?
    Agree with everything you say. However if he feels we play better with just Stockley upfront, than with a 2 up front with wash/shwartz, why would he change it to accommodate an extra striker, obviously different games need different formations etc but still.
  • Dazzler21 said:

If we have the other 19/20/21 or what ever number of players it is designed to play one or two ways (which we didn't have at all last season) it's not being stubborn to not abandon it to accommodate one player.

I have seen players improve after a proper preseason, some significant, but I am not sure I have ever seen anyone go from non selectable?  Not at his age.

Unless we play a completely different system or Adkins sees a completely different player in training we won't get the opportunity to judge him, because we won't see him. 

The Danish league starts in 3 weeks....... 
  • Very interesting stuff

especially this bit
     “I did make him aware [at the end of] last season that he needed a good pre-season. We’ll see where he is at.”

sounds like he has a matter of weeks to impress and show what he can do 
    i dont mind that and if not get rid and replace towards end of window
  • I think the writings on the wall for the club and Ronnie sadly. 

Hope all goes well and sad that so far, the main buzz came in the Rochdale game - both in the strike and way he spoke post match which was so impressive (and not just because he spoke after LB!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Very interesting stuff

especially this bit
     “I did make him aware [at the end of] last season that he needed a good pre-season. We’ll see where he is at.”

sounds like he has a matter of weeks to impress and show what he can do 
    i dont mind that and if not get rid and replace towards end of window
    Think that's a very poignant line in that article. I really hope Shwartz kicks on and it works out for him here but feel like he might be on thin ice after that.
  • Its probably very diplomatic if he's a Thomas favorite, Nigel can say we've tried but....
  • edited July 2021
    Something tells we me may not be seeing Ronnie next season, a shame but it just hasn't worked for both parties as they would have hoped. 
  • I would love it if Ronnie worked out. Imagine the cult status he would get if he scored us 20+ goals this season.

Unfortunately I just can't see that happening. Firstly because he does not fit into Adkins preferred system, and secondly he has not shown me enough off the ball to indicate he has what it takes to thrive in a physical league like league one. 
  • I'd be happy if he scored 13-15.  
  • I would love it if Ronnie worked out. Imagine the cult status he would get if he scored us 20+ goals this season.

Unfortunately I just can't see that happening. Firstly because he does not fit into Adkins preferred system, and secondly he has not shown me enough off the ball to indicate he has what it takes to thrive in a physical league like league one. 
    Hasn't shown enough ON the ball either for me. 
  • edited July 2021
    Ronnie Schwartz Ronnie Schwartz running from the wing
    Ronnie Schwartz Ronnie Schwartz scoring is your thing
    From Dehenmark
    Oh what a lark
    Ronnie Schwartz Ronnie Schwartz  Ronnie Schwartz 

Yep it's shite as well...

Too negative?
  • I'm sure he's a nice lad, but I always thought he was a bit of a Ronald-esque transfer; i.e. Thomas has had a quick whisper in the ear of management and brought in a player who isn't good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Ronnie can punch above his weight on the pitch this season
  • edited July 2021
    No such thing as an ugly Scandinavian.
    I thought you was English mate 😉
  • edited July 2021
    I was going to do a 'would ya' but it's inappropriate..everyone would say yes!
  • Is she here in England now? Sunday would have been a great day to have flown over and see London.
  • I was going to do a 'would ya' but it's inappropriate..everyone would say yes!
    Speak for yourselves... I am an honourable man