Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Ronnie had 13 appearances as a sub clocking up 270 minutes and started5 games for a total of 203 minutes. He was given marks in 6 games with an average of 5.86, in two games he received a mark of 7.20. He had 6 shots a goal, 3 on target, 2 blocked and 1 missed and scored once.

He really wasn't given much of a chance and I hoopoe he is given that chance in pre season and proves you doubters wrong.
    He has got to prove the manager wrong before he gets the chance......... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ronnie had 13 appearances as a sub clocking up 270 minutes and started5 games for a total of 203 minutes. He was given marks in 6 games with an average of 5.86, in two games he received a mark of 7.20. He had 6 shots a goal, 3 on target, 2 blocked and 1 missed and scored once.

He really wasn't given much of a chance and I hoopoe he is given that chance in pre season and proves you doubters wrong.
    surely that is what pre-season is all about - huh?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Ronnie had 13 appearances as a sub clocking up 270 minutes and started5 games for a total of 203 minutes. He was given marks in 6 games with an average of 5.86, in two games he received a mark of 7.20. He had 6 shots a goal, 3 on target, 2 blocked and 1 missed and scored once.

Surley that is what training and the u23 games are for as well huh?

Like I said those that see him every day didn't think he was selectable.  I can't write him off on what I have seen, because I haven't seen enough, but I would guess they have? 
  • Rothko said:
    Hopefully his family is over with him now, he’s settled into somewhere other then a hotel, and he can perform
    That's what his wife is hoping, too.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Like I said those that see him every day didn't think he was selectable.  I can't write him off on what I have seen, because I haven't seen enough, but I would guess they have? 
    This highlights something I have raised previously & which I feel quite strongly about.

When we had Reserve team matches, returning from injury players would be given 45 minutes or so before being considered for the first team squad to check/ establish their match fitness which is something that must be open to question if only training at SL.

Whether the u23s are considered sacrosanct or whether the powers that be decide that first team squad players aren't ideally suited to perform in these games, remains to be seen.

But I would have thought that Ronnie would have jumped at the chance to play in a couple of competitive games in order to show what he could do. More minutes under his belt would surely have benefited both himself and the watching management team.

Apologies if I am totally off the mark here. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This highlights something I have raised previously & which I feel quite strongly about.

When we had Reserve team matches, returning from injury players would be given 45 minutes or so before being considered for the first team squad to check/ establish their match fitness which is something that must be open to question if only training at SL.

Whether the u23s are considered sacrosanct or whether the powers that be decide that first team squad players aren't ideally suited to perform in these games, remains to be seen.

But I would have thought that Ronnie would have jumped at the chance to play in a couple of competitive games in order to show what he could do. More minutes under his belt would surely have benefited both himself and the watching management team.

During the international break Ronnie, Smith and Morgan played in one didn't they?

Totally agree they should play more of them. The kids would learn off them, in most cases, as well. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's a fair point but there's a lot we don't know - was he offered but turned the chance down, or simply not given the chance more often?

And even in the former case - as Maddison shows, professional footballers' mental health is actually considerably more complex than perhaps given credit for. He could have been in a very bad place to be playing at all.

While I agree with you in general principle I would be wary about drawing too many conclusions without knowing more.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

During the international break Ronnie, Smith and Morgan played in one didn't they?

Totally agree they should play more of them. The kids would learn off them, in most cases, as well. 
    I was always surprised Schwartz didn't play more for the U23's. Keeps him fit and it's not as if the U23's are particularly stacked up front, especially with Wassim's injury problems. 
  • I’ll be amazed if he’s still here at the start of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's a fair point but there's a lot we don't know - was he offered but turned the chance down, or simply not given the chance more often?

And even in the former case - as Maddison shows, professional footballers' mental health is actually considerably more complex than perhaps given credit for. He could have been in a very bad place to be playing at all.

While I agree with you in general principle I would be wary about drawing too many conclusions without knowing more.
    Fair comment,@thenewbie

I'm not saying that Ronnie's mental health wasn't part of the issue but maybe we'd have to ask him if he felt he was given the best possible opportunity to showcase why he was signed as in playing more regularly , albeit it at a "lower level".

When something major is bringing us low mentally, we need another something to bring a smidgen of positivity back into our lives to remind us that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If Ronnie had played more minutes for the u23s, his confidence may well have increased and, as a result, his mental health improved to a degree. A win win situation, surely ? 
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Fair comment,@thenewbie

I'm not saying that Ronnie's mental health wasn't part of the issue but maybe we'd have to ask him if he felt he was given the best possible opportunity to showcase why he was signed as in playing more regularly , albeit it at a "lower level".

When something major is bringing us low mentally, we need another something to bring a smidgen of positivity back into our lives to remind us that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

If Ronnie had played more minutes for the u23s, his confidence may well have increased and, as a result, his mental health improved to a degree. A win win situation, surely ? 
    Logically yes. But if he was in a particularly dark hole mentally he may not have recognised that and forcing him to play against his will would be detrimental of course.

Or maybe the fact that he came over to prove himself and make an impact and could "only" get reserve/youth games was part of it.

Again, all speculation and supposition so who knows for sure. Hopefully we see a motivated and refreshed RS ping a few goals in preseason and go from strength to strength.
  • A hattrick against Sheffield Wednesday would really help his game.
  • thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Fair comment,@thenewbie

Logically yes. But if he was in a particularly dark hole mentally he may not have recognised that and forcing him to play against his will would be detrimental of course.

Or maybe the fact that he came over to prove himself and make an impact and could "only" get reserve/youth games was part of it.

Again, all speculation and supposition so who knows for sure. Hopefully we see a motivated and refreshed RS ping a few goals in preseason and go from strength to strength.
    Without wanting to second guess people's personal mental health but if Ronnie was potentially suffering to the level you suggest would he even have been on the bench?   
  • edited June 2021
    Ronnie Schwartz is the Elephant in the room.
    I want to believe the Covid situation and his family affected him but we are in the 3rd tier and Ronnie with his experience should have knocked in goals similar to other poachers in League 1.

Why wasn't he getting picked ?
    Being a Owners pick is always problematical at Cafc as we have learnt over recent years. I don't have insider information on his sport science stats in training but not to be involved when we needed a penalty area player especially at home when we had Stockley needing someone to help him around the box is strange. Aneke going will now bring this into focus because Ronnie has a 2 and a half year contract when he signed which is looking dubious business at the moment.

Can a healthy and up to speed Schwartz fit into our pattern of play ? 

Not sure we can wait too long into the season to find out as we have to replace Chuks which may well push Ronnie down to number 4 behind Stockley, Washington and new striker/Forward/ goal scorer.
  • Ronnie Schwartz is the Elephant in the room.
    I want to believe the Covid situation and his family affected him but we are in the 3rd tier and Ronnie with his experience should have knocked in goals similar to other poachers in League 1.

Being a Owners pick is always problematical at Cafc as we have learnt over recent years. I don't have insider information on his sport science stats on training but not to be involved when we needed a penalty area player especially at home when we had Stockley needing someone to help him around the box is strange. Aneke going will now bring this into focus because Ronnie has a 2 and a half year contract when he signed which is looking dubious business at the moment.

And that is the question.

So far in his time here, the team has not set up to accommodate him.
    And until we do, we won't see the best of him.

• Trust me, Ronnie Schwartz is the new Derek Hales. He’s gonna become a club legend this coming season 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• With a full Pre-season under his belt....he's worth another go.
  • edited June 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Ronnie Schwartz is the Elephant in the room.

Being a Owners pick is always problematical at Cafc as we have learnt over recent years. I don't have insider information on his sport science stats on training but not to be involved when we needed a penalty area player especially at home when we had Stockley needing someone to help him around the box is strange. Aneke going will now bring this into focus because Ronnie has a 2 and a half year contract when he signed which is looking dubious business at the moment.

And that is the question.

So far in his time here, the team has not set up to accommodate him.
    And until we do, we won't see the best of him.

And I don't sense that Nigel will change the way he likes to play to accommodate a "penalty area poacher" which is why both Washington who is good defensively as well as in forward positions ,( improved his quality  the longer the season went on) and Stockley who also covers so much ground in a match as well as his aerial battles with CB will always be picked ahead of Ronnie the way things stand at the moment.

The strike by Ronnie against Wimbledon was clean and accurate and yet it was downhill from that point on.

Having spoken to various players, (and a few academy parents at Sparrows lane) coaches and managers over the years, players being settled and happy and being in the team and with no injuries or problems off the field are so important. I learnt a lot about the state of mind of players from chats with Jonny Williams and Wiggins(a year after he retired) in the west stand;  and I'm a Cafc fan after all, had great chats with Johnny Humphreys( sports teacher) and Paul Mortimer(when he was doing coaching with Cafc Women) on trains !

The perception many fans have of players is so different to the reality and the insecurities many feel. When Chatting to Rhoys Wiggins (poor bloke had to sit next to me) he said Before he even played a League match for Palace ( he played 1 game) he had a bad injury as an academy player on a tour of the states which he felt affected him for the rest of his career ! He went on to play 200 games in his career and 124 for Cafc so no wonder that he felt Cafc was his team. He also knew that in his second game for Birmingham (on loan from Bournemouth) at just 29 years old that the final injury would be his last.
  • Did it go downhill from the excellent finish against Wimbledon or the saved penalty in the last minute? In between, he had the Bowyer treatment of being given a few minutes as a lone striker, then a right midfielder, whereas at least NA opts for players to play in their actual position. 
  • I hope he proves us all wrong, I'm sure we all do. Plenty of us slagged off Bowyer for his inability to nurture players last season, so I think that should be taken into consideration when we dissect Ronnie's first season with us. I personally don't think he will, but will more than happy to hold my hands up and say I was wrong if he starts bagging goals. He's red, he's white, he's our Danish Dynamite, Ronnie Schwartz
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Fair comment,@thenewbie

Without wanting to second guess people's personal mental health but if Ronnie was potentially suffering to the level you suggest would he even have been on the bench?   
    Probably not, no. Again, this was purely supposition and guesswork on my part and I have no way of knowing his mental state. He may equally well be a chirpy, positive, go getter who can't score for shit.

• mendonca said:
    Did it go downhill from the excellent finish against Wimbledon or the saved penalty in the last minute? In between, he had the Bowyer treatment of being given a few minutes as a lone striker, then a right midfielder, whereas at least NA opts for players to play in their actual position
    * sweats in Maatsen at right wing *
  • mendonca said:
    Did it go downhill from the excellent finish against Wimbledon or the saved penalty in the last minute? In between, he had the Bowyer treatment of being given a few minutes as a lone striker, then a right midfielder, whereas at least NA opts for players to play in their actual position
    * sweats in Maatsen at right wing *
    Addendum "and if Adkins does play a player out of position, it seems to at least work a bit"
  • He hasnt been given much of a run but as a player and especially a sub when you do make an appearance its what you do in that time and for me he hasnt showed what i personally feel we need and he does to be a success at this level i would be happier getting rid and someone abit more proven and who all round game is better but the management may think different! Pre season will be big for him

• If he was signed this window we'd be fairly hopeful. 

I say give him the preseason and see where he's at. Couple of easy goals in friendlies against b-sides to up his confidence and then see if he starts getting them in the league. 
  • If he was signed this window we'd be fairly hopeful. 

I say give him the preseason and see where he's at. Couple of easy goals in friendlies against b-sides to up his confidence and then see if he starts getting them in the league. 
    But that's the point he could score last season, after we stopped playing like a bunch of clowns, cos he was never on the pitch.  Its not that he played badly, but the fact the manager, what ever the circumstances felt he couldn't bring him on.