Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• If my wife pulled that face in one of our wedding photos, I would be like “Is everything ok poppet”? Wish both the very best for a long lasting happy marriage (with smiles).
  • Never use with a sarcastic tone when using the word IdleHans, that’s the trick. Only ever use it in its affectionate sense. Otherwise, yes, chin up and take one.
  • IdleHans said:
    If I called Mrs Idle 'poppet' she'd punch me into next week
    'Poppet' is actually what witches used to call their versions of voodoo dolls. So probably fair
  • IdleHans said:
    If I called Mrs Idle 'poppet' she'd punch me into next week
    Probably better than calling her Mrs Idle.  ;)
  • Not exactly being written off, but doesn't sound super positive either. Just gets touched on in this article... Doesn't sound like his wedding was the personal thing.
    clive said:

• Naaa, it doesn't look/sound good at all. It never does when somebody's footballing traits and what they might bring to the team aren't even being discussed. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not exactly being written off, but doesn't sound super positive either. Just gets touched on in this article... Doesn't sound like his wedding was the personal thing.
    clive said:

I just thought - wasn't his wife pregnant? She doesn't look very pregnant in the recent wedding photos... nor is there a baby around :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Not exactly being written off, but doesn't sound super positive either. Just gets touched on in this article... Doesn't sound like his wedding was the personal thing.
    clive said:

I just thought - wasn't his wife pregnant? She doesn't look very pregnant in the recent wedding photos... nor is there a baby around :(
    i think she either just had it when he signed or shortly after he arrived in SE7
  • Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

It also sounds like the club would not have said anything if Gilbey hadn't broken cover himself.  Not a mention on Watson at all.  Nigle did say the other day that "a few players were under the weather". 
  • I really want the lad to succeed but there is clearly something really not right here. He wouldn't sign for us back in September so had doubts about making the switch at that time and wonder if these or the circumstances that prevented him from doing so have re-surfaced. Either way, the situation really needs to be resolved.
  • I really want the lad to succeed but there is clearly something really not right here. He wouldn't sign for us back in September so had doubts about making the switch at that time and wonder if these or the circumstances that prevented him from doing so have re-surfaced. Either way, the situation really needs to be resolved.
    The language with Ronnie is so different to everyone else (I don't mean he speaks Danish).

We had a conversation, we need to see how it goes, etc etc.  Even when we resigned Watson and Pearce there was an enthusiasm about what they offer. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    clive said:

i think she either just had it when he signed or shortly after he arrived in SE7
    Yeah not saying there's anything in it, I don't think it's fair to assume something there. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I really want the lad to succeed but there is clearly something really not right here. He wouldn't sign for us back in September so had doubts about making the switch at that time and wonder if these or the circumstances that prevented him from doing so have re-surfaced. Either way, the situation really needs to be resolved.
    The language with Ronnie is so different to everyone else (I don't mean he speaks Danish).

We had a conversation, we need to see how it goes, etc etc.  Even when we resigned Watson and Pearce there was an enthusiasm about what they offer. 
    see i'm deliberately not thinking too much of that.

just say it in NA's positive voice 

"the lads only just back and has had to isolate so were watching the training tapes and we'll take it from there"
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I really want the lad to succeed but there is clearly something really not right here. He wouldn't sign for us back in September so had doubts about making the switch at that time and wonder if these or the circumstances that prevented him from doing so have re-surfaced. Either way, the situation really needs to be resolved.

"the lads only just back and has had to isolate so were watching the training tapes and we'll take it from there"
    It's not a one off though.  It's the same language since, really, when he didn't bring him on against Ipswich.

Even Mr Grumpy was enthusiastic about "what he saw in training". 
  • I find the comment from that article about "managing Ryan Inniss through pre-season" more worrying to be honest.. doesn't fill you with hope that he can be a fixture through the whole season
    Agreed.  We need another CB to avoid the exact same issues as last season, whether that's a loan or permanent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It's not a one off though.  It's the same language since, really, when he didn't bring him on against Ipswich.

Even Mr Grumpy was enthusiastic about "what he saw in training". 
    That was only because he improved him... :lol:
  • I find the comment from that article about "managing Ryan Inniss through pre-season" more worrying to be honest.. doesn't fill you with hope that he can be a fixture through the whole season
    I actually think the opposite. I'd much prefer they did that so he can start the season and stay as fit as possible than chuck him in friendlies, get injured, miss the first month of the season and spend the rest of it playing catch up. 
    To be fair, if he can’t get through preseason unscathed, which is basically no contact training, he’s got little chance of being fit throughout the regular season. 
    I actually think the opposite. I'd much prefer they did that so he can start the season and stay as fit as possible than chuck him in friendlies, get injured, miss the first month of the season and spend the rest of it playing catch up. 
    To be fair, if he can’t get through preseason unscathed, which is basically no contact training, he’s got little chance of being fit throughout the regular season. 
    True enough, but I also don't seem the harm in taking it easy. He does now need a few minutes in next few games which it looks like he'll get so that's positive. To be honest, I have no doubt whatsoever he'll miss quite a few games regardless. 
    Yes, and playing Welling and Dartford in a psf is pretty low injury risk when compared to battling L1 attackers on a cold night in December
    All Nadkins has said about Inniss, is that he's being carefully managed in pre-season and is now ready to start in Saturday's game.

He'll get 45 minutes, same as the other players v Celtic and Welling ..... which suggests Ryan's now 2 weeks behind the others in match fitness.

• You guys realise I copied the link here from the Ryan Inniss thread? You know where you could freely discuss Inniss. 

Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Could also be Adkins keeping it simple in order to protect him. If he’s having some issues but has been training well or poorly then keep it all in house and then nobody has expectations.
    Apparently he's done a bit of pre-season in Denmark at his old club with his CAFC training schedule.
    He's then come back to England and required to self-isolate for the regulation 10 days.

Since then, he's had only a week's training at Sparrows, where he's being monitored as to his progress and fitness.
    That's all Adkins has actually said.
    Exactly this
  • We have had some wet farts of signings over the years but IF Rocket Ronnie does not put on a show this season, he may be up there in the Pantheon of "Why did we fucking bother" signings...