Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Stockley's strengths? - you mean he can head the ball because there isn't much else he can do with it
  • Stockley's strengths? - you mean he can head the ball because there isn't much else he can do with it
    https://fb.watch/6WCYJfEiP1/
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Stockley's strengths? - you mean he can head the ball because there isn't much else he can do with it
    well done! and how many has he missed as he was too slow or had fallen over - more than that one on FB, don't get me wrong he is a good header of the ball and it isn't his fault if others don't pick up his flicks, but he appears to be carthorse slow on his feet and clumsy,  I would like to liken him to Leaburn but he just isn't that good.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Stockley's strengths? - you mean he can head the ball because there isn't much else he can do with it
    well done! and how many has he missed as he was too slow or had fallen over - more than that one on FB, don't get me wrong he is a good header of the ball and it isn't his fault if others don't pick up his flicks, but he appears to be carthorse slow on his feet and clumsy,  I would like to liken him to Leaburn but he just isn't that good.
    Im going to start using that to describe people at work 
  • I feel schwartz needs at least the rest of the pre season games to show and prove to the management he is worth keeping

it he doesnt even play a part tomorrow i think that could say alot 
  • edited July 2021
    No, that’s not what I mean. I mean we’ve recruited with a target man in mind. We’re going to play with wingers/inside forwards that will thrive playing with a target man who can not only hold the ball up for runners on, but is also devastating in the air. 

Stockley is a very good all-round target man. Heading is one of his strengths but there are plenty of other things he does well that seemingly go unnoticed.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to see a lot more of Ronnie this coming season ... out on loan!  There's a whiff of the Ralph Milne's about him. As in ...he's  crap. 

I've more faith in Josh Davison tbh. In fact you'd prolly see a better return from unfunny kidbrooke chubster Jim Davison (albeit with crapper jokes than Schwartz who is himself a stand up joke)
    Yeah 122 goals in 305 games is awful 🤦🏻

You're a proper oddball aren't you?
    Daz, Sheep when pictured in a very rich green field look very white. When that green field is covered in snow that same sheep look a very dirty and unappealing white. Same sheep different environment/conditions. 

Likewise ....

A player in the Danish equivalent of the Southern Isthmian league scores 122 goals in 300plus games. But put that same player in league one in England And he is less Brian Laudrup and much more ... Mariela Frostrup. 

If he bangs in 20 this sesson I will ensure a letter of apology is sent to him (and his missus) at the end of the season.

If he bombs I'll send you a copy of this thread! 
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Ronnie is an old fashioned 6 yard box striker comes alive in the box … nearest sort of striker we had since Mendonca /Hales …… 
    You’re forgetting Francis Jeffers
    He performed at venues all over the country New Cross.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If you think Stockley is a carthorse I would love to know what you think of Charlie Wyke. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I get the difficult circumstances argument but nothing will convince me that Ronnie was anything other than a vanity signing foisted upon the club by Sandgaard. Both managers have seemingly wanted nothing to do with him and he couldn’t cut it at his previous club either. The fitness stuff is a red herring. When he has played (with the exception of his goal on debut) he has contributed absolutely feck all. A complete passenger. Even worse than Ajose. I’d love to be proved wrong but I don’t think my hat is in any imminent danger. 
    Could not cut it …. He was leading scorer in Danish football !!!!!!! 
  • I get the difficult circumstances argument but nothing will convince me that Ronnie was anything other than a vanity signing foisted upon the club by Sandgaard. Both managers have seemingly wanted nothing to do with him and he couldn’t cut it at his previous club either. The fitness stuff is a red herring. When he has played (with the exception of his goal on debut) he has contributed absolutely feck all. A complete passenger. Even worse than Ajose. I’d love to be proved wrong but I don’t think my hat is in any imminent danger. 
    6 goals in 15 
    37 goals in 47 season before 

think that tells you he did cut it … 

6 goals in 15 

one goal in three during his career is average.

Danish football is league one standard.....at best.
    6 goals in 15 

What standard is the Danish second division?  
    6 goals in 15 

Not quite true - he scored 37 over 2 seasons for Silkeborg, 25 of those coming in the Danish second division. 

• edited July 2021
    I get the difficult circumstances argument but nothing will convince me that Ronnie was anything other than a vanity signing foisted upon the club by Sandgaard. Both managers have seemingly wanted nothing to do with him and he couldn’t cut it at his previous club either. The fitness stuff is a red herring. When he has played (with the exception of his goal on debut) he has contributed absolutely feck all. A complete passenger. Even worse than Ajose. I’d love to be proved wrong but I don’t think my hat is in any imminent danger. 
    6 goals in 15 

He couldn’t get a game in his last season with Midget Land or whatever they are called. 
  • edited July 2021
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I get the difficult circumstances argument but nothing will convince me that Ronnie was anything other than a vanity signing foisted upon the club by Sandgaard. Both managers have seemingly wanted nothing to do with him and he couldn’t cut it at his previous club either. The fitness stuff is a red herring. When he has played (with the exception of his goal on debut) he has contributed absolutely feck all. A complete passenger. Even worse than Ajose. I’d love to be proved wrong but I don’t think my hat is in any imminent danger. 
    6 goals in 15 

What standard is the Danish second division?  
    With the exception of one or two clubs (who are perhaps lower league one) I would say that the majority are league two/conference level
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronnie will come good. Trust me 
    In what role? He doesn’t suit a L1 team playing a lone striker. It might work in Denmark but it’s a very physical league where he’d have to hold up the ball well and compete in the air.
  • Scoham said:
    Ronnie will come good. Trust me 
    In what role? He doesn’t suit a L1 team playing a lone striker. It might work in Denmark but it’s a very physical league where he’d have to hold up the ball well and compete in the air.
    Play him up front with Stockley and I guarantee he will score goals. 
    I know people are saying that’s not how NA likes to play but we have to have that option/ flexibility in the squad 
    6 goals in 15 

He couldn’t get a game in his last season with Midget Land or whatever they are called. 
    FC Midtjylland 
  • Scoham said:
    Ronnie will come good. Trust me 
    Play him up front with Stockley and I guarantee he will score goals. 
    I know people are saying that’s not how NA likes to play but we have to have that option/ flexibility in the squad 
    The problem is he’ll only score goals consistently if given a run in the team playing alongside Stockley (or another target man). I struggle to see him making an impact if he’s only doing that occasionally. He’s not physical like Chuks, he could be thrown on and immediately make scare defenders. Schwartz needs good service in and around the box, he’s not going to create many of his own chances.
  • edited July 2021
    It's often hard for footballers to overcome a bad start at a club. A late pre-season won't help either. And as others have aid, we may need to adapt our game to his strengths.

Would love to see him turn it round though. A couple of early goals could work wonders.
    6 goals in 15 

Midtjylland just translates to Mid-Jutland, in English.

• edited July 2021
    6 goals in 15 

one goal in three during his career is average.

Danish football is league one standard.....at best.
    I follow Danish football week in week out and I assure you that the top Superliga clubs are certainly not “League one standard at best”. They are easily lower Prem/Championship.

Teams like FC Copenhagen would destroy us.
    Okay, I'll give you that, BUT top 4 downwards I'm confident of my comment.
    Heja di gule.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    If you think Stockley is a carthorse I would love to know what you think of Charlie Wyke. 
    who?
    if he is not cafc I'm not bothered
  • Aside from a couple of big teams in Denmark, the rest must be what league 2 standard? The fact that Ronnie has a good record their shows how bad it is.