Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Anyone going to the training open session, wonder if Ronnie will be participating?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I remember last summer when people were calling out to-be top scorer “one goal Chuks”…

One goal Ronnie anybody?
    I'm still not convinced he will play for us.
    Still expecting him to go back to Denmark. 
    There will be a deadline day round up on the OS and the final line will be...

"Ronnie Schwartz has joined Danish Club xxxxx for an undisclosed fee"

And that will be that. 
    Or signs for Morecambe?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Yeah definitely don't see how that's critical of him. Just sounds like he's starting his pre-season a month behind everyone else
    He most likey doing the same as Inniss working away from the group on a diff program .. surprised there been no under 23 friendlies 
    And who exactly would we play in an u23 friendly that didn't play last night? 
    The under 18’s
  • Dazzler21 said:
    "Ronnie Schwartz is a bit short at the moment, he needs a bit more work, but at least he's in at the training ground now and running round a bit."

Hardly critical, Adkins is talking about fitness not his quality and he's right.
    Schwartz had been away for his personal stuff and on returning had to isolate, but he's back at the training ground now and has started running outside. 

He's likely not been frozen out but is working with the fitness guys until he's fit enough to start interacting with the contact side of training. I'd be surprised if he's not back in the group by Sunday.

I don't think he's ever going to be the equivalent of Washington, Davison or Stockley as he's not quick or physical enough for those roles. He's more your 18 yard box finisher, but his fitness coming in last January was nowhere near where it needed to be. The slower games in the Danish division are probably the main reason (as suggested by our Danish based posters)

Sounds like some people don't want to give him a chance. Hopefully Ronnie is willing to work for his chance too 
    Yes he can't work on the technical stuff by himself, but he can still keep himself fit, as he hasn't been ill. Running in the park, doing weights whether in the gym (I don't know if they're open in Denmark) or at home. Indeed surely the club medics would have given him a fitness routine
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Yeah definitely don't see how that's critical of him. Just sounds like he's starting his pre-season a month behind everyone else
    He most likey doing the same as Inniss working away from the group on a diff program .. surprised there been no under 23 friendlies 
    The under 18’s
    Who already have there own friendlies.  Who would play in them the u8s?

Its déjà vu all over again :p
  • Dazzler21 said:
    "Ronnie Schwartz is a bit short at the moment, he needs a bit more work, but at least he's in at the training ground now and running round a bit."

Hardly critical, Adkins is talking about fitness not his quality and he's right.
    Schwartz had been away for his personal stuff and on returning had to isolate, but he's back at the training ground now and has started running outside. 

He's likely not been frozen out but is working with the fitness guys until he's fit enough to start interacting with the contact side of training. I'd be surprised if he's not back in the group by Sunday.

I don't think he's ever going to be the equivalent of Washington, Davison or Stockley as he's not quick or physical enough for those roles. He's more your 18 yard box finisher, but his fitness coming in last January was nowhere near where it needed to be. The slower games in the Danish division are probably the main reason (as suggested by our Danish based posters)

Sounds like some people don't want to give him a chance. Hopefully Ronnie is willing to work for his chance too 
    Yes he can't work on the technical stuff by himself, but he can still keep himself fit, as he hasn't been ill. Running in the park, doing weights whether in the gym (I don't know if they're open in Denmark) or at home. Indeed surely the club medics would have given him a fitness routine
    Yes you have general fitness programmes and then you have getting match fit/sharp.

I'm not discounting the potential that he can't be fudged or that he's past it. 

I just don't want to give up on him yet. If he leaves so be it. Will be a case of it just didn't work out, rather than any ill feelings. I doubt that's the same for all of us.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The under 18’s

Deja vu of me trying to post smart arse comments without reading all posts and not realising somebody beat me to it by 8 hours
  • It’s a weird one - kinda feels like TS has got away with brushing this one under the carpet. His marquee signing has been more budget tent from Millets
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The under 18’s

Deja vu of me trying to post smart arse comments without reading all posts and not realising somebody beat me to it by 8 hours
    Be honest, you thought you were on the rumours thread and so would be alright. 😉
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Yes you have general fitness programmes and then you have getting match fit/sharp.

I just don't want to give up on him yet. If he leaves so be it. Will be a case of it just didn't work out, rather than any ill feelings. I doubt that's the same for all of us.
    I've no ill feeling towards him, but he has to shows he wants to make a go of it in England, or it's better we cut our losses now, and he returns home and the club writes it off as "one of those transfer failures that happens sometimes"

Our record with goal scorer transfers, since the PL years has been pretty patchy really

Luke Varney, Izale McLeod, Paul Benson, Nicky Ajose have all disappointed, after being (for their times) relatively big buys
  • You can list all of the sub par strikers we have had over the decades but I honestly don't recall a player that the manager thought so badly of he didn't even bring him on, when he had 5 subs, in a must win game at 0-0 at home.

At that stage he wasn't 5th choice of 5 or what ever he was literally 2nd choice of 2 and still didn't get on. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I've no ill feeling towards him, but he has to shows he wants to make a go of it in England, or it's better we cut our losses now, and he returns home and the club writes it off as "one of those transfer failures that happens sometimes"

Our record with goal scorer transfers, since the PL years has been pretty patchy really

Luke Varney, Izale McLeod, Paul Benson, Nicky Ajose have all disappointed, after being (for their times) relatively big buys

Paul benson did his job, put the ball in the back of the net when we played to his strengths. But he was a very one dimensional striker. Bit unfair to put him in the same list tbh
  • Bar that game against Palace , Varney was a disappointment. Thought we were getting an out and out goalscorer there. 
  • I remember last summer when people were calling out to-be top scorer “one goal Chuks”…

One goal Ronnie anybody?
    He has to touch the ball 1st so I'd go with one touch Ronnie.
  • He's not going to make it is he? A pity.

• MarcusH26 said:
    Bar that game against Palace , Varney was a disappointment. Thought we were getting an out and out goalscorer there. 
    varney was decent but nowhere near his valuation of 2 mil, if he'd have been 500k at the time i think we would've been happy. Mcloud was the worst though, barring a couple of sub appearances where he looked electric and won a pen he was dire. Genuinely thought we had the next bent on our hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Bar that game against Palace , Varney was a disappointment. Thought we were getting an out and out goalscorer there. 
    varney was decent but nowhere near his valuation of 2 mil, if he'd have been 500k at the time i think we would've been happy. Mcloud was the worst though, barring a couple of sub appearances where he looked electric and won a pen he was dire. Genuinely thought we had the next bent on our hands.
    All I'll ever remember Mcleod for was the elbow at Northwich. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    He also had that game where he played off Andy Gray and looked like a real partnership could form. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    He also had that game where he played off Andy Gray and looked like a real partnership could form. 
    Honestly I forget Andy Gray from that era completely. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Easily done seeing he's out working for BEin Sports now
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    ah yes, didn't pardew then proceed to refuse to ever play the two together again?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    That was the game when Powell scored in his final ever game

Hard to believe that Kasper Schmeichel was the Goalkeeper given we beat Coventry 4-1
  • edited July 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I feel like it was right at the end of the season? Coventry maybe?

*edit it was Powell's last game for us, when he scored in the last minutes... Had such a feel good factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biF7XGPmMus
  • Adkins on Ronnie Schwartz: He's a long way from being involved in Saturday's game. He won't be considered for the game on Saturday.

So he's got to be leaving this window right? 
  • Adkins on Ronnie Schwartz: He's a long way from being involved in Saturday's game. He won't be considered for the game on Saturday.

So he's got to be leaving this window right? 
    I don’t know what’s happened, but unless we bring in another striker I would prefer Schwartz stays in the hope that he can at least be an effective squad player in L1.