Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    We play AFC Wimbledon in the League Cup on 10th August, and then Crawley in the EFL Trophy on 31st August

Two very decent games to give him minutes in to try and prove himself

If he's not involved by the latter then I really dont see the point in him being here - Summer Transfer Window closes 2nd Sept so we've got until the Crawley game to see if there is any point in keeping him and then we can get rid a few days later worst case.
  • Wow - after how last season ended, I don't think a single fan expected Ronnie not to play a single minute of pre-season for us. I like the Chap, but realistically, the player who was going to "walk the league" is now behind a player who struggled on loan in League 2 but might be suited to the team and division more.
  • Wonder when all is said and done, who cost us more? 

Ronnie Schwartz or Piotr Parzyszek?
  • We play AFC Wimbledon in the League Cup on 10th August, and then Crawley in the EFL Trophy on 31st August

Two very decent games to give him minutes in to try and prove himself

If he's not involved by the latter then I really dont see the point in him being here - Summer Transfer Window closes 2nd Sept so we've got until the Crawley game to see if there is any point in keeping him and then we can get rid a few days later worst case.
    Worst case is we want to get rid but no one wants to take on, I don’t know what his salary is but it must be fairly decent (relatively speaking).

Also remember the Danish Superliga started a couple of weeks ago, so if we’re going to keep him until the start of a September before him returning to a team there (which you would assume is the likely option) it would need to be a team that has both the need and the budget for a striker six weeks into the season.
  • Wonder when all is said and done, who cost us more? 

Ronnie Schwartz or Piotr Parzyszek?
    Didnt Parzyszek cost about £750k?

Bet (with a certain CEO) he was on damned good wages too given the sort of wages we were throwing about
  • So please we signed him, not a center half last January.......

I am sorry but unless he has been seriously ill (which to be honest is a possibility) I don't even know why he bothered coming back.  We could have made up some bollocks about not travelling due to Covid etc but he obviously isn't going to play for us again. 
  • It certainly does seem very strange. I know he has recently got married and also came here during lockdown etc but as a professional athlete there really should be no excuse for being that far behind on a fitness level.
    Maybe there is am attitude issue ?
    TS must be pissed off if the bloke isnt even putting the effort in to be ready for the start of the season
  • Oggy Red said:

Kangaroo court.

Lots of people making assumptions and some people wildly speculating ..... and their guesswork is now seemingly being passed around as fact.

We haven't been told anything factual. And until we are, we simply don't know what is happening.

I have always been really supportive of him as I felt he got a rough deal last season. I would live him to come good. Not making any assumptions just saying for the manager to say he will not feature next week can only mean his fitness is way behind (as there has been no mention of an injury) and that is imo unprofessional if you are are professional athelete
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    Oggy Red said:

Kangaroo court.

Lots of people making assumptions and some people wildly speculating ..... and their guesswork is now seemingly being passed around as fact.

We haven't been told anything factual. And until we are, we simply don't know what is happening.

I have always been really supportive of him as I felt he got a rough deal last season. I would live him to come good. Not making any assumptions just saying for the manager to say he will not feature next week can only mean his fitness is way behind (as there has been no mention of an injury) and that is imo unprofessional if you are are professional athelete
    I agree with most of what you say, Andy ...... but then right at the end you say, "....imo unprofessional if you are are professional athelete".

That's your opinion, of course .... but it's based on not knowing any facts with what's really happening with Schwarz.
    See what I mean?

• Pffftt, I’ve tried, I’ve been patient.  But this guy..
  • Player is unselectable. 
    Manager says he has spoken to player and told him he needs a good preseason. 
    Player turns up late and is obviously unfit. 
    Player a long way from being ready for the 1st game of the season 7 days out.

You can't blame people for speculation as to why. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    Oggy Red said:

Kangaroo court.

I agree with most of what you say, Andy ...... but then right at the end you say, "....imo unprofessional if you are are professional athelete".

That's your opinion, of course .... but it's based on not knowing any facts with what's really happening with Schwarz.
    See what I mean?

Fair point mate. I'm basing my assumptions on the issue being fitness. Maybe it isnt in that case I'm wrong to be judging him. You have to admit thought it's all a bit weird
  • Maybe he doesn't want to peak too soon.
  • Chunes said:
    The full quote:

“He’s a long way from being involved on Saturday. But it’s pleasing that he did a bit of the sports science stuff yesterday at the open day we had at The Valley. It’s good for everyone to see him. At least he’s progressing in what we need to go and to do.

“But he certainly won’t be featuring during the Sheffield Wednesday game, there’s a long way to go yet. But it’s good that he’s going in the right direction.”

'Did a bit of it' doesn't really make it sound like he's busting a gut to get fit for the season. 
  • Can’t we just pay off his contract with Range rovers.
  • Seems to me our local journalists know more than they are wiling to put in the public domain (perfectly reasonable) given the absence of direct questions along the lines of what is the issue? 

What I don’t understand is why the club haven’t said very much at all. 

Just feels a little odd and hence the speculation. 
  • I'd be staggered if he was still with us once the transfer window closes

Sometimes moves just don't work out, in this case for football reasons  - 2 managers haven't picked him, and Adkins seems to play a system which doesn't suit him - but also for personal reasons - I can entirely understand that being stuck in a foreign country during Covid could be miserable

Whatever the reasons, nothing about this summer indicates that he really wants to come back and play for us. Coming back at the last minute, weeks behind the other players in terms of his fitness, hardly screams someone who wants to make a success of his time with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Schwarz looks like a very troubled man in this photo.
    He was also the last man out the tunnel at the training event and was staring at the floor.
    Classic signs of depression (at the risk of getting told off).
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/nigel-adkins-set-to-make-decision-on-madger-gomes-this-week-but-says-ronnie-schwartz-is-still-some-way-off-inclusion/
  • Gets away with murder on here. Been absolutely useless since being here, reminds me of Reza which is not a compliment.
    He was also the last man out the tunnel at the training event and was staring at the floor.
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/nigel-adkins-set-to-make-decision-on-madger-gomes-this-week-but-says-ronnie-schwartz-is-still-some-way-off-inclusion/
    That pic was of him against Hull last season. Hard to make conclusions from still pictures.
    I sincerely hope your assumption is wrong. If that was the case isn’t it very odd that he is even sitting in the stand, particularly with the current sensitivity being highlighted about mental issues at the moment.( stokes (cricket) yesterday the latest example. Wouldn’t the club feel obliged to let the fella do what he needs to do even if that entailed not being here at the moment?. Obviously all questions without any knowledge of the situation.
  • paulfox said:
    Schwarz looks like a very troubled man in this photo.
    I sincerely hope your assumption is wrong. If that was the case isn’t it very odd that he is even sitting in the stand, particularly with the current sensitivity being highlighted about mental issues at the moment.( stokes (cricket) yesterday the latest example. Wouldn’t the club feel obliged to let the fella do what he needs to do even if that entailed not being here at the moment?. Obviously all questions without any knowledge of the situation.
    Picture was from Hull.
  • edited July 2021
    I’m wondering if he’ll be quietly loaned out to a danish club on transfer deadline day, trouble is we’ve got 3 years left on his contract for a 31 year old that’s scored as many goals for Charlton as Bogle!
  • I’m wondering if he’ll be quietly loaned out to a danish club on transfer deadline day, trouble is we’ve got 3 years left on his contract for a 31 year old that’s scored as many goals for Charlton as Bogle!
    3 years? Bloody hell. 
  • I’m wondering if he’ll be quietly loaned out to a danish club on transfer deadline day, trouble is we’ve got 3 years left on his contract for a 31 year old that’s scored as many goals for Charlton as Bogle!
    Good news - it's only another 2 years.

I've thought all summer he'll end up moving to a Danish club. That only feels more more likely after his complete lack of involvement in pre-season.