Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• So the club keep it quiet but three players go and tell a random person they meet when they are out.

It would be interesting to know how many of the players suffering have been vaccinated
  • So the club keep it quiet but three players go and tell a random person they meet when they are out.

It would be interesting to know how many of the players suffering have been vaccinated
    If a player takes to social media then that’s there prerogative. Also players are normally pretty open when you speak to them. 

Would assume all have been vaccinated.
  • edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    Why would Ronnie Schwartz having Covid be personal but Gilbey having Covid is fine to tell everyone ?

Nigel Adkins is frustrated with the RS situation especially with Aneka moving on.
    Did they say Ronnie's 'personal issue' was Covid? I don't see that from @RedArmySE7 wrote. 

Suffering long-term affects of the illness explains Adkins comments about him being a long way away, fitness wise. 

They key line for me, from that post: "I think there’s a lot of speculation on here that’s quite wide of the mark following from that conversation." I think your last line might be guilty of that.
    I asked about Ronnie and they said that he’d had Covid and it had hit him pretty bad

I'd assume that's what his personal issue was, he just didn't want it made public by the club? As you say though, all speculation.
  • edited August 2021
    Croydon said:
    Chunes said:
    Why would Ronnie Schwartz having Covid be personal but Gilbey having Covid is fine to tell everyone ?

Nigel Adkins is frustrated with the RS situation especially with Aneka moving on.
    Did they say Ronnie's 'personal issue' was Covid? I don't see that from @RedArmySE7 wrote. 

Suffering long-term affects of the illness explains Adkins comments about him being a long way away, fitness wise. 

They key line for me, from that post: "I think there’s a lot of speculation on here that’s quite wide of the mark following from that conversation." I think your last line might be guilty of that.
    Literally says I asked about Ronnie and they said that he’d had Covid and it had hit him pretty bad
    Oh right, that's my fault, I've misunderstood his post. I thought he was saying that the 'personal issue' (why Ronnie didn't report to pre-season training) was covid. My bad. 
  • Rothko said:
    one of the things Adkins does is close up and not want to talk about players health or personal issues in Press conferences, you see his first instinct to protect his player. 

Hopefully Ronnie gets well and fit soon, same with Alex Gilbey 

I would expect that to come from his physio background as well. Professional ethics would be to protect client confidentiality.
  • I did think twice about sharing. But having read some of the stuff on here I just thought it would do more good than harm. 
    It's appreciated. It's one of those things that I feel the club should really be clarifying. 

Did the players say when he had it? Was it last season or during Summer?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I did think twice about sharing. But having read some of the stuff on here I just thought it would do more good than harm. 
    It's appreciated. It's one of those things that I feel the club should really be clarifying. 

I'm going to take it as he got married in May, went on his honeymoon then caught covid around mid-June which delayed his return to England, which was why he didn't fly back until 9 July a while after the rest of the squad. Then he had to quarantine which is why he's weeks behind the rest of the squad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I did think twice about sharing. But having read some of the stuff on here I just thought it would do more good than harm. 

I'm going to take it as he got married in May, went on his honeymoon then caught covid around mid-June which delayed his return to England, which was why he didn't fly back until 9 July a while after the rest of the squad. Then he had to quarantine which is why he's weeks behind the rest of the squad. 
    So you're going to continue making assumptions, even though the assumptions being made up til now have kind of been disproven by RedArmySE7. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

So you're going to continue making assumptions, even though the assumptions being made up til now have kind of been disproven by RedArmySE7. 
    Tbf to Chris that timeline fit in both what we’ve seen on Instagram, Adkins comments and RedArmySE7’s info, and it’s hardly being out of order to Schwartz.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Tbf to Chris that timeline fit in both what we’ve seen on Instagram, Adkins comments and RedArmySE7’s info, and it’s hardly being out of order to Schwartz. 
    You're right of course that it's not out of order, I wasn't suggesting it was. I just don't think we should be assuming either way.
  • i don't understand why anybody would want to keep quiet about having covid - its not like having an infection of the arsehole or something is it? 
  • There is no shame in having Covid and Alex Gilbey was correct in sharing. This is just so bizarre. When you are not transparent you get gossip and speculations.

This is football not the effing masons.

One minute we are told it's good to talk and next it's the fifth amendment time.

The bottom line is Nigel Adkins is frustrated and why wouldn't he just days before a new season. Nigel should've had that holiday after all. 

• Rylo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i don't understand why anybody would want to keep quiet about having covid - its not like having an infection of the arsehole or something is it? 
    Southall not feeling 100%? 
    Southall WAS/IS an arsehole infection...
  • Rylo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i don't understand why anybody would want to keep quiet about having covid - its not like having an infection of the arsehole or something is it? 
    Southall not feeling 100%? 
    Southall WAS/IS an arsehole infection...
    Plus many other things.
  • It's not up to the forum to announce anything to do with a player's health and wellbeing.

It's a personal choice if/when to make a statement. Continual attacks on any player could makes things worse.

The club is under a duty of care for all the club personnel. Respect this.

As Mike Reid used to say in his cabaret act. Leave it.
  • I too find it baffling why not revealing that a player had Covid is actually protecting them, when they would get 100% sympathy instead of speculation. After all if Watson had missed pre-season with a hamstring injury or glandular fever, that wouldn't be kept secret.

And if a player is a bit under par for a genuine reason, managers will often voluntarily say "Gary was playing through the pain barrier today, we gave him injections in his back to get him through the game, he's a total pro" to stop people thinking the player is being lazy or crap, and instead turn his performance into a positive story.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    It's not up to the forum to announce anything to do with a player's health and wellbeing.

It's a personal choice if/when to make a statement. Continual attacks on any player could makes things worse.

The club is under a duty of care for all the club personnel. Respect this.

As Mike Reid used to say in his cabaret act. Leave it.
    Mods, consider yourselves told.
  • edited August 2021
    I too find it baffling why not revealing that a player had Covid is actually protecting them, when they would get 100% sympathy instead of speculation. After all if Watson had missed pre-season with a hamstring injury or glandular fever, that wouldn't be kept secret.

And if a player is a bit under par for a genuine reason, managers will often voluntarily say "Gary was playing through the pain barrier today, we gave him injections in his back to get him through the game, he's a total pro" to stop people thinking the player is being lazy or crap, and instead turn his performance into a positive story.
    Could it be insurance related? - just a thought 
  • Makes absolute sense to me. I preferred my Covid then Long Covid to be kept personal and made no industry wide statement in my field of business. My Boards have known but have respected my confidentiality throughout. All sorts of considerations, which I don’t want to put on a public/member forum, but if you get it pretty bad and neither know whether you will make a full recovery nor even survive early on, all sorts of things play on your mind and lead to decisions you make along the way.

If he has had it and it has negatively impacted his energy levels to the point of impairing his athleticism, I completely get why he has looked frustrated.
  • So we've gone from him being a dud signing & on his way out to just (very unfortunately) being ill / unwell.

Just give the man a chance to show what he can do when he is available!

• And if a player is a bit under par for a genuine reason, managers will often voluntarily say "Gary was playing through the pain barrier today, we gave him injections in his back to get him through the game, he's a total pro" to stop people thinking the player is being lazy or crap, and instead turn his performance into a positive story.
    Who is Gary?

Of course, Gary Goals, our new signing today!

• He's 40/1 with Bob's lot to finish top scorer in league 1 this season. What do they know?
  • Makes absolute sense to me. I preferred my Covid then Long Covid to be kept personal and made no industry wide statement in my field of business. My Boards have known but have respected my confidentiality throughout. All sorts of considerations, which I don’t want to put on a public/member forum, but if you get it pretty bad and neither know whether you will make a full recovery nor even survive early on, all sorts of things play on your mind and lead to decisions you make along the way.

If he has had it and it has negatively impacted his energy levels to the point of impairing his athleticism, I completely get why he has looked frustrated.

No disrespect to you but you are now speculating like the rest of us. Do you have X amount of people watching you perform ?

Only our friends, family and work colleges are interested in us because everyone have their own soap opera to deal with. 

We are trying to break down taboos, not to be ashamed to talk about mental health, Covid or reasons why a footballer can only play so many minutes per game. It wasn't either mental health or Covid in Aneke's case even though he did miss a few matches through Covid) he was involved in 37 games I believe, but only played 90 minutes on 1 or 2 occasions. As a fan that wanted to see Cafc promoted I found that a very frustrating scenario.

* If a player have picked up a dose from playing away from home then saying he has farmer Giles would be better than saying he has an itchy knob and is on anti biotics !

*NONE OF THE ABOVE IS ABOUT RONNIE OR CHUKS.

No disrespect to you but you are now speculating like the rest of us. Do you have X amount of people watching you perform ?

Only our friends, family and work colleges are interested in us because everyone have their own soap opera to deal with. 

We are trying to break down taboos, not to be ashamed to talk about mental health, Covid or reasons why a footballer can only play so many minutes per game. It wasn't either mental health or Covid in Aneke's case even though he did miss a few matches through Covid) he was involved in 37 games I believe, but only played 90 minutes on 1 or 2 occasions. As a fan that wanted to see Cafc promoted I found that a very frustrating scenario.

* If a player have picked up a dose from playing away from home then saying he has farmer Giles would be better than saying he has an itchy knob and is on anti biotics !

*NONE OF THE ABOVE IS ABOUT RONNIE OR CHUKS.

Oh shit!!!! I think I might need some antibiotics😬, thanks Dr soapboxom…. Anyway yes let’s not speculate👍.
  • Not speculating, more saying in the event… In my industry, yes to your question, I have many eyes on me outside my direct business colleagues, but that wasn’t what I was focused upon, more-so expressing sympathy in the event. Apologies if anybody else thought I was speculating, which was not my intention. 
  • I know he came back for pre-season training late and i know Adkins has said he is getting up to speed, but the guy has been back a few weeks now so how on earth can he not at least get a run out last night? Instead we have to bring on Stockley who's going to be playing 95 minutes every game.

I get he needs to get back up to speed but come on, he's a professional footballer he must have a pretty decent basic level of fitness. Even i could probably come on and give the team 10-15 minutes.

Man City played players in the community shield the other day who'd had 2 training sessions after returning from holiday. Schwartz can't get a run out after being back for a few weeks.