Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Looks happy to be back. 
  • Stewart said:
    Looks happy to be back. 
    Not as happy as he was for not being in the match day squad...
  • I’d play Ronnie O’Sullivan after today’s game we’re so desperate. 
  • I’d play Ronnie O’Sullivan after today’s game we’re so desperate. 
    I think he’s snookered.
  • This doesnt sound very inspiring does it...

The kids might have to play as well, but surely we want the "better" Senior Players fit and available

• Just praying we successfully shift him off the books in the next 10 days. 2.5 years wages for a dud is a massive drain on any prospective transfer budget. 
    Agree - and who gets the blame for this cock up? Doesn’t feel like a Gallen signing - more the kind of deal that previous ownerships over the years were criticised for.

This one seems to have been brushed under the carpet much more - was RS a Thomas vanity project gone wrong?
    To be fair, even if this is true it's not that damning in itself - Gallen apparently still at least had a look and thought it worth trying even though it doesn't seem to have worked.

There haven't been any other signings that suggest Sandgaard is trying to be a scout as well as an owner since, so if it was a mistake then he seems to have learned from it. The problem with Duchatalet wasn't him foisting a player on us who wasn't suitable, it was that he kept doing it over and over again in the face of all logic.
  • thenewbie said:
    Just praying we successfully shift him off the books in the next 10 days. 2.5 years wages for a dud is a massive drain on any prospective transfer budget. 
    Agree - and who gets the blame for this cock up? Doesn’t feel like a Gallen signing - more the kind of deal that previous ownerships over the years were criticised for.

This one seems to have been brushed under the carpet much more - was RS a Thomas vanity project gone wrong?
    To be fair, even if this is true it's not that damning in itself - Gallen apparently still at least had a look and thought it worth trying even though it doesn't seem to have worked.

There haven't been any other signings that suggest Sandgaard is trying to be a scout as well as an owner since, so if it was a mistake then he seems to have learned from it. The problem with Duchatalet wasn't him foisting a player on us who wasn't suitable, it was that he kept doing it over and over again in the face of all logic.

and also forcing them on Chrissy Powell 

The kids might have to play as well, but surely we want the "better" Senior Players fit and available

Its another "quote" or statement that tells us absolutely nothing about Schwartz, his fitness or whether he will feature on Saturday,   

If this came from the presser today then i'm seriously hoping that whoever asked the question followed it up with  why ?

I also think that Cawley, Medez et al know what's going on & been told not to ask any "difficult" questions.....  .otherwise they can join the ranks of the Warren Commission for ignoring the obvious & turning a blind eye.
  • Sponsored links:

Pretty bizarre comment from NA. Obviously you want to give the kids games and see how they progress but the priority should always be the first team and that therefore surely means Schwartz getting minutes ahead of (for example) Mason Burstow who is about 17.

Alternatively arrange a behind closed doors friendly against someone and play Schwartz. Play a U23 v U18 friendly if you have to, but to not give a senior player some minutes because "young players have got to play" is strange and only adds fuel to the rumours that Schwartz is unwanted and will be gone.
    I’m stating to think Adkins constant desire to be totally positive about everything means some of the things he says sound a bit odd.
  • I suppose with something that has absolutely no positives, the only way to be positive is to say nothing.
  • edited August 2021
    This doesnt sound very inspiring does it...

Pretty bizarre comment from NA. Obviously you want to give the kids games and see how they progress but the priority should always be the first team and that therefore surely means Schwartz getting minutes ahead of (for example) Mason Burstow who is about 17.

Alternatively arrange a behind closed doors friendly against someone and play Schwartz. Play a U23 v U18 friendly if you have to, but to not give a senior player some minutes because "young players have got to play" is strange and only adds fuel to the rumours that Schwartz is unwanted and will be gone.
    Interesting that in their equivalent game Clarke-Harris and Marriott both scored for Peterborough in their 4-0 win, who apparently both need game time.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Hope he’s able to get some game time soon.
    I still believe he’s got what it takes if he’s getting the service 
    I would love to have the level of faith in something, anything, that you have in Ronnie Schwartz. 
  • se9addick said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Hope he’s able to get some game time soon.
    I still believe he’s got what it takes if he’s getting the service 
    I would love to have the level of faith in something, anything, that you have in Ronnie Schwartz. 
    Haha point taken mate but some of us just cant get our head around how a player with his previous record can come here and for whatever reason be such a wipeout. There just has to be more too it lol
  • edited August 2021
    The Ronnie Schwartz move has been a disaster. Agreed there's mitigating circumstances( Covid rules) but right from the beginning he was off the pace and after the Oxford penalty miss just disappeared. It's a shame because his one goal was a tidy finish.

No shame in admitting the move hasn't worked out. It's hard to imagine in the third tier of football, he can't make the 18, either at the end of last season or he can't get back his fitness to a required level. Ronnie is plan B after Plan A fails every game this season.

We know Alex Gilbey has had a bad bout of Covid and is still weeks off. Guessing that RS, is Depressed or has long Covid is just speculation.

As it sounds like Ronnie was the Owners pick, I can understand why it may be best for the supporters to believe those rumours.

• Have faith Ronnie will come good!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Oxford pen was his 'sliding doors' moment
  • edited August 2021
    The Ronnie Schwartz move has been a disaster. Agreed there's mitigating circumstances( Covid rules) but right from the beginning he was off the pace and after the Oxford penalty miss just disappeared. It's a shame because his one goal was a tidy finish.

No shame in admitting the move hasn't worked out. It's hard to imagine in the third tier of football, he can't make the 18, either at the end of last season or he can't get back his fitness to a required level. Ronnie is plan B after Plan A fails every game this season.

We know Alex Gilbey has had a bad bout of Covid and is still weeks off. Guessing that RS, is Depressed or has long Covid is just speculations.

As it sounds like Ronnie was the Owners pick, I can understand why it may be best for the supporters to believe those rumours.

I firmly believe there is more to it than not being in Nigel's plans or not being fit. And I believe the journo's know the reason & been told not to say anything or ask questions either.

Yet again the official matchday preview just says that he wont be featuring. Also other confirmations that Gilbey & Purrington are back training & JFC's recovery is coming along. 

4 missing players. 3 have updates (Inc one who we know is months away) and the other just a blank. And I mean a blank. No update on whether its an injury, illness or whatever. 

Bizarre.
  • Not sure you can say he was “totally off the pace” when he scored a belter in his first appearance and then in his 2nd or 3rd had a perfectly good one disallowed. I’ve often wondered what would have happened if that 2nd had stood, just as I do when BWP suffered the same fate against the Nigels early in a new season. 
    I think 'belter' is a bit of a stretch. It was a well taken goal, but the belter in that match was the Rochdale free kick! 
  • The Ronnie Schwartz move has been a disaster. Agreed there's mitigating circumstances( Covid rules) but right from the beginning he was off the pace and after the Oxford penalty miss just disappeared. It's a shame because his one goal was a tidy finish.

We know Alex Gilbey has had a bad bout of Covid and is still weeks off. Guessing that RS, is Depressed or has long Covid is just speculations.

I firmly believe there is more to it than not being in Nigel's plans or not being fit. And I believe the journo's know the reason & been told not to say anything or ask questions either.

Yet again the official matchday preview just says that he wont be featuring. Also other confirmations that Gilbey & Purrington are back training & JFC's recovery is coming along. 

4 missing players. 3 have updates (Inc one who we know is months away) and the other just a blank. And I mean a blank. No update on whether its an injury, illness or whatever. 

Bizarre.
    If that is the case and they’re going along with it, they aren’t journalists they’re puppets 
  • edited August 2021
    I think you look make too many assumptions, yes it doesn't look good but we all know when he is either transferred out quietly, or gets picked in the squad. All just guesswork and peoples opinions of the minimal chances he's had (admittedly not saying its a case of frozen out) just gets boring this thread the same assumptions/opinions going round in circles. 
  • if he can gather 3 points for us with his professional skills then i am all for that 
  • I think you look make too many assumptions, yes it doesn't look good but we all know when he is either transferred out quietly, or gets picked in the squad. All just guesswork and peoples opinions of the minimal chances he's had (admittedly not saying its a case of frozen out) just gets boring this thread the same assumptions/opinions going round in circles. 
    Well, according to the OS he isn't involved tomorrow & he has 4 days to leave. 

I'm betting he will still be here come Wednesday & he wont be involved for our next match either.
  • I think you look make too many assumptions, yes it doesn't look good but we all know when he is either transferred out quietly, or gets picked in the squad. All just guesswork and peoples opinions of the minimal chances he's had (admittedly not saying its a case of frozen out) just gets boring this thread the same assumptions/opinions going round in circles. 
    Well, according to the OS he isn't involved tomorrow & he has 4 days to leave. 

I'm betting he will still be here come Wednesday & he wont be involved for our next match either.
    If he's still here then surely he has to feature at some point in the pointless cup match on Tuesday. Washington won't be here and there's no way we're risking Stockley.