Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Rumour has it he and Gilbey are struggling to come back from long Covid.
  • It isn’t a lot to go on, but at the open training session the other day Ronnie was nowhere near the level of the worst of the other players.
    We all want him to come good, but I reckon it is unlikely to happen this side of Christmas, if at all.
  • edited August 2021
    seth plum said:
    It isn’t a lot to go on, but at the open training session the other day Ronnie was nowhere near the level of the worst of the other players.
    We all want him to come good, but I reckon it is unlikely to happen this side of Christmas, if at all.
    So are you saying he was miles behind the others, or someone else was miles behind him? Worth remembering at that session he was very recently (allegedly) coming back from Covid. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    It isn’t a lot to go on, but at the open training session the other day Ronnie was nowhere near the level of the worst of the other players.
    So are you saying he was miles behind the others, or someone else was miles behind him? Worth remembering at that session he was very recently (allegedly) coming back from Covid. 
    This is just my perspective but I watched Ronnie move about, join in a bit of the small sided stuff (much less than all the others, where one bit was to stand on the side and feed a ball into the mix…like a ball boy), and he did a penalty which was both weak and high and wide.
    To me he looked very fringe, none of the other players gave me that vibe. I hasten to add that his demeanour didn’t look like moodiness or arrogance, nor desperation. Simply a kind of acceptance.
    I have no idea if COVID was a factor.
  • seth plum said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    This is just my perspective but I watched Ronnie move about, join in a bit of the small sided stuff (much less than all the others, where one bit was to stand on the side and feed a ball into the mix…like a ball boy), and he did a penalty which was both weak and high and wide.
    To me he looked very fringe, none of the other players gave me that vibe. I hasten to add that his demeanour didn’t look like moodiness or arrogance, nor desperation. Simply a kind of acceptance.
    Cheers, wasn't sure from how you worded it before. 
  • Hopefully the Schwartz sale will fund the 5 or 6 we need to bring in. 
  • edited August 2021
    He has no role or part in the current system even if he is fit. 

If we're playing a workhorse in Washington out of position, it's telling there is nowhere for Schwartz.

"Going to walk the league away" I remember hearing as if we'd just signed the modern day Salah/Mane/Firmino in one player.
  • Anyone know how he got on in the behind closed doors match with Dulwich Hamlet this week? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Vincenzo said:
    Anyone know how he got on in the behind closed doors match with Dulwich Hamlet this week? 
    Locals reported a rocket in the area...
  • Vincenzo said:
    Anyone know how he got on in the behind closed doors match with Dulwich Hamlet this week? 
    we lost 4-0, so I can't imagine he got much service.
  • It’s telling that in the current interviews Nigel is outlining the squad we have going forward, to give context to our transfer activities and  Ronnie is never mentioned as a member of the existing squad.
  • It’s telling that in the current interviews Nigel is outlining the squad we have going forward, to give context to our transfer activities and  Ronnie is never mentioned as a member of the existing squad.
    Yet then it was Adkins as well who said a week or two ago that he expected no outgoings before the end of the Transfer Window...
  • seth plum said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    seth plum said:
    That’s how my mrs would describe it 😂
    at the last home game when talking about his kicking my Mrs said MacGillvray 'didn't have much length'.
  • He was mentioned this week.

Played 45 minutes for the under 23s on Tuesday.
  • Crusty54 said:
    He was mentioned this week.

Positive, regardless of people’s impressions of him so far, if we aren’t getting any/many more in then we need everyone we can to be available. 
  • Crusty54 said:

Indeed forgot that.
    a question of time until he’s on the bench then I suppose.
  • edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    Crusty54 said:

Positive, regardless of people’s impressions of him so far, if we aren’t getting any/many more in then we need everyone we can to be available. 
    I then have to question why he wont be on the bench tomorrow (if the comms team is to be believed). Surely if he managed 45 mins for the "reserves" then he can come on for 15/20 mins tomorrow. If he can't (and the "story" is to do with fitness) then I would have to question his credentials as a professional footballer as anyone who has done 4 weeks of pre-season training, which has included 45 mins of match time, should be fit enough to be on the bench at this stage. 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Crusty54 said:

I then have to question why he wont be on the bench tomorrow (if the comms team is to be believed). Surely if he managed 45 mins for the "reserves" then he can come on for 15/20 mins tomorrow. If he can't (and the "story" is to do with fitness) then I would have to question his credentials as a professional footballer as anyone who has done 4 weeks of pre-season training, which has included 45 mins of match time, should be fit enough to be on the bench at this stage. 
    Especially as i believe Washington is still injured.
  • Chunes said:
    se9addick said:
    Crusty54 said:

It seems it's not easy even for a professional athlete to get back to the heights of fitness and conditioning after suffering from long covid. I wouldn't be surprised if that 45 minutes wiped him out. Note that Gilbey is not even playing for the reserves yet. 
    But is he suffering from Long Covid. Has he had Covid at all...?  The club have said nothing to that effect & all that has been posted on here is that (allegedly) someone was told that by a player whilst in a pub. Hardly the basis for truth and accuracy.  People have said that we, the fans, don't need to know the details & it's a private matter. But I disagree. Its a health matter & millions of people around the world have had Covid. It's not like he's caught syphillis.  I just like clarity & to be told the truth. Easier all round. 
  • edited August 2021
    Not really worth getting worked up about if you ask me. We've never been that good at communicating injury status. Even in the prem days, players would go missing without reason and no idea when they're coming back. 
  • Just praying we successfully shift him off the books in the next 10 days. 2.5 years wages for a dud is a massive drain on any prospective transfer budget. 
    At this point, if he can get some fitness, I would stick with him at least until January. I highly doubt there are any decent strikers sitting on the sofa in late August.

If he can’t get fit then we won’t be able to shift him anyway.
  • He is not gonna play 4 us I'm sure there is something going on in the background to move him on maybe some sort of swap deal
  • He is not gonna play 4 us I'm sure there is something going on in the background to move him on maybe some sort of swap deal
    What do you assess his market value to be currently?
  • Just praying we successfully shift him off the books in the next 10 days. 2.5 years wages for a dud is a massive drain on any prospective transfer budget. 
    Agree - and who gets the blame for this cock up? Doesn’t feel like a Gallen signing - more the kind of deal that previous ownerships over the years were criticised for.

This one seems to have been brushed under the carpet much more - was RS a Thomas vanity project gone wrong?
  • se9addick said:
    Crusty54 said:

Possibly trying to offload him & don't want him injured?
  • When Adkins gets told to clear his desk before the end of September, the new manager will want RS as he’ll be open to different formations and tactics.

RS to finish the season top goal scorer