Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• I think you look make too many assumptions, yes it doesn't look good but we all know when he is either transferred out quietly, or gets picked in the squad. All just guesswork and peoples opinions of the minimal chances he's had (admittedly not saying its a case of frozen out) just gets boring this thread the same assumptions/opinions going round in circles. 
    Well, according to the OS he isn't involved tomorrow & he has 4 days to leave. 

I'm betting he will still be here come Wednesday & he wont be involved for our next match either.
    If he's still here then surely he has to feature at some point in the pointless cup match on Tuesday. Washington won't be here and there's no way we're risking Stockley.
    I was told that a good lot of the younger players will get a run in this game. We shall see though. 
  • I would say, if he's not, at the very least, involved on Tuesday night, then that'll be that for his appearances in a Charlton shirt.
  • Croydon said:
    Not sure you can say he was “totally off the pace” when he scored a belter in his first appearance and then in his 2nd or 3rd had a perfectly good one disallowed. I’ve often wondered what would have happened if that 2nd had stood, just as I do when BWP suffered the same fate against the Nigels early in a new season. 
    I think 'belter' is a bit of a stretch. It was a well taken goal, but the belter in that match was the Rochdale free kick! 
    Well, if you want to argue with Curbs, good luck with that :-) He may not have used the word "belter" but he was all over it. "Knows where the goal is" was one of his comments.
  • Have faith Ronnie will come good!
    He will come good. Back in Denmark

I don't know why he's barely featured since January, but I don't see the sense in prolonging the agony, when the move clearly hasn't worked out for either party
  • Have faith Ronnie will come good!

I don't know why he's barely featured since January, but I don't see the sense in prolonging the agony, when the move clearly hasn't worked out for either party
    Have faith Ronnie will come good!

The move has worked in the player’s favor.
    Picking up good money and no doubt a signing on fee as well.
    Not worked out for Charlton or it’s fans.
     Can not see him moving on in this transfer window or playing for 1st team again. 
  • Mental health could be something that would explain things a bit. 

Journalists not really wanting to touch it with a barge poll, and the lack of information about 'recovery' from the club would indicate something along those lines. 
    Probably not a thing to speculate about because while you're right it COULD explain things it soon becomes an internet "fact"

Also harsh on journalists to say they wouldn't "touch it with a barge pole".

Maybe they are being responsible and protecting both Ronnie and confidential information.

This is why they wouldn't touch it. 

Not saying they wouldn't report it for any other reasons than respect to the player and people involved. 
  • Scoham said:
    Splitting my sides laughing at some of the hilariously funny and original replies to that post 
  • Sponsored links:

• MattF said:
    Scoham said:
    Splitting my sides laughing at some of the hilariously funny and original replies to that post 
    The best is that there’s a bloke that is responding to anyone who says anything remotely negative about Ronnie, might be a big job he’s taken on there! 
  • se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Scoham said:
    The best is that there’s a bloke that is responding to anyone who says anything remotely negative about Ronnie, might be a big job he’s taken on there! 
    Very surprised to learn that Ronnie has managed 16 appearances for us
  • What a weird signing. Hope he finds his place. Seems like a decent bloke who took a job at the wrong office. 
  • edited August 2021
    Croydon said:
    Not sure you can say he was “totally off the pace” when he scored a belter in his first appearance and then in his 2nd or 3rd had a perfectly good one disallowed. I’ve often wondered what would have happened if that 2nd had stood, just as I do when BWP suffered the same fate against the Nigels early in a new season. 
    I think 'belter' is a bit of a stretch. It was a well taken goal, but the belter in that match was the Rochdale free kick! 
    Well, if you want to argue with Curbs, good luck with that :-) He may not have used the word "belter" but he was all over it. "Knows where the goal is" was one of his comments.
    Well, here it is, Ronnie's goal at 6.30. It would be interesting to see what others make of it.

Personally, I'd struggle to call it a belter. Was he in the right place? Yes. Did he know where the goal was? Yes. Did he belt it? Yes. But I'd like to see something a bit more special before I used 'belter' as a description. Was he a particularly long way out? not really. Was it hit with pin point precision? Well, it hit the net, but I suspect it could have been placed better. Was there a defender or two giving him a turgid time? Not within ten metres. I think it was a reasonable goal, but not one I'd expect to see in too many compilation videos.
  • MattF said:
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Scoham said:
    Guessing those numbers are inflated by a lot of short (generally unimpressive) cameo appearances. 
  • se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Scoham said:
    Guessing those numbers are inflated by a lot of short (generally unimpressive) cameo appearances. 
    Four appearances that have been 45mins or longer
    One appearance that was 40mins long
    Six appearances which have been between 10-25mins
    Five appearances which have been less than 10mins or less
  • se9addick said:
    MattF said:
    Scoham said:
    Ronnie hasn't earnt his Leuth yet
  • I think TS would admit he is learning about football all the time.

I think the whole Schwartz saga will be a valuable lesson.
    We wish him well and move on
  • hope he plays some part Tuesday and can curtail some of the more negative comments on here 
    Has to play on Tuesday or there is is absolutely no point having him on the wage bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    At least the Comms team haven't forgotten he's still here.......unlike NA.
  • Croydon said:
    hope he plays some part Tuesday and can curtail some of the more negative comments on here 
    Has to play on Tuesday or there is is absolutely no point having him on the wage bill.
    He has a contract though!
  • Croydon said:
    hope he plays some part Tuesday and can curtail some of the more negative comments on here 
    He has a contract though!
    That's the point, why have a 32 year old under contract who is not even getting a game in a pointless cup. 
  • Because a contract is a contract! By law we have to pay him until his contract expires provided he turns up for training or is unable to through illness!
  • I don't think anyone is suggesting we stop paying him! Just that if we don't have any intention of playing him this week we need to be doing everything we can to move him on (which of course we might be doing). 
  • He’ll come good 🙈🙉🙊
  • Stig said:
    Croydon said:
    Well, here it is, Ronnie's goal at 6.30. It would be interesting to see what others make of it.

Personally, I'd struggle to call it a belter. Was he in the right place? Yes. Did he know where the goal was? Yes. Did he belt it? Yes. But I'd like to see something a bit more special before I used 'belter' as a description. Was he a particularly long way out? not really. Was it hit with pin point precision? Well, it hit the net, but I suspect it could have been placed better. Was there a defender or two giving him a turgid time? Not within ten metres. I think it was a reasonable goal, but not one I'd expect to see in too many compilation videos.
    You may well be right Stig, but I have to say I wouldn't back anybody else in our team to have scored it (excl Lee)
  • He played in the under 23 game recently. It would be very odd if he didn't start tomorrow.
  • I think Nigel has backed himself in a corner a little bit ths last week

We beat Barnsley 7-0, Ronnie isnt involved as the "kids need to have time to play themselves"

Well tomorrow we'll surely see a good number of those kids in a Senior game, and you'd hope that Ronnie is involved - Its a Senior game after all so its a great opportunity for the Seniors that are fit and lacking match practice.