Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• I don't think we will see him in the first team again.
  • I can't see him being here this time tomorrow.  Anyone expecting him to "come good" is now in blind faith territory.

I have never known a Charlton play that a manager sees as totally unselectable.  Its not just this season, the writing has been on the wall since the Ipswich game last season. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I can't see him being here this time tomorrow.  Anyone expecting him to "come good" is now in blind faith territory.

I have never known a Charlton play that a manager sees as totally unselectable.  Its not just this season, the writing has been on the wall since the Ipswich game last season. 
    Who will take him though? He’s not exactly a marketable asset. 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I can't see him being here this time tomorrow.  Anyone expecting him to "come good" is now in blind faith territory.

Someone will, they always do.  
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good question 
    I expect he will be back in Scandinavia 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

A loan back to Denmark I imagine. Hopefully we'll recoup most of his wages
  • Silkeborg are back in the top tier of Denmark. Same manager as he was under a couple of years ago too. No idea if they need/want him…
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good question 
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think you guys are basing this on an assumption rather than logic. I don’t, even in his native Denmark, think there’s going to be much demand for a 32 year old striker who has hardly kicked a ball for 18 months, has some unspecified issue(s) impacting his ability to even play reserve matches and is probably on decent money. 

Moving under contract players on requires a club willing to take the player, I just can’t see it (unless we end up continuing to pay a % of his salary or he takes a pay cut).
  • Werent an older club of his (Randers) supposedly interested around this time last year when it looked like he wasnt going to sign in time before the Window closed?
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good question 
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think you guys are basing this on an assumption rather than logic. I don’t, even in his native Denmark, think there’s going to be much demand for a 32 year old striker who has hardly kicked a ball for 18 months, has some unspecified issue(s) impacting his ability to even play reserve matches and is probably on decent money. 

Moving under contract players on requires a club willing to take the player, I just can’t see it (unless we end up continuing to pay a % of his salary or he takes a pay cut).
    Just about to say the same, if we signed/loaned a 32 year old striker who has not played for 18 months before the window closes this site would go into meltdown.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good question 
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think that's the most likely outcome, else he just sits here and we try to off load him again in January, and next July... 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good question 
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I agree we might have to pay a percentage of his wages but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a few Danish clubs interested, particularly in the second division gives his record out there. 
  • se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Good question 
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I'm assuming we won't get all his wages covered, indeed we may only recoup a fraction of them

Obviously I have no idea what's going on, but if his issues are personal/mental rather than physical, and being away from home is the main factor, I imagine he'd be desperate to return home, and wouldn't be fussy which club it was. It would be pointless us holding on a miserable player, rather than letting him return home
  • Could it be Nigel's way of saying to Thomas “don’t push players on me because they won’t be played” might explain NA fairly ignoring his existence?
  • Probably not just wondering.
  • Could it be Nigel's way of saying to Thomas “don’t push players on me because they won’t be played” might explain NA fairly ignoring his existence?
    Schwartz was here long before Adkins so I’m not sure that theory works out. 

My preference would be he stays at Charlton and makes a success of it, but that looks unlikely. 
  • se9addick said:
    Could it be Nigel's way of saying to Thomas “don’t push players on me because they won’t be played” might explain NA fairly ignoring his existence?
    Schwartz was here long before Adkins so I’m not sure that theory works out. 

My preference would be he stays at Charlton and makes a success of it, but that looks unlikely. 
    It was a mistake and although a believe Thomas does have an ego, I think he’s enough of a good businessman to understand that it was mistake he won’t be making again  
  • I honestly don't think Ronnie was imposed on Bowyer at all. Obviously it is most likely that Thomas put him on our radar but I think we signed him in September and there was some hold up that we couldn't have gotten out of if we tried.

In the summer window last season I still think we went with the approach of "get the best players we can, then work it out later".  Even one year later I can't get my head round what formation we were aiming for, who was first choice and who was a plan B.

I think Schwartz just goes on the list with several others from that window.  It's just he was the most expensive. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I honestly don't think Ronnie was imposed on Bowyer at all. Obviously it is most likely that Thomas put him on our radar but I think we signed him in September and there was some hold up that we couldn't have gotten out of if we tried.

In the summer window last season I still think we went with the approach of "get the best players we can, then work it out later".  Even one year later I can't get my head round what formation we were aiming for, who was first choice and who was a plan B.

I think Schwartz just goes on the list with several others from that window.  It's just he was the most expensive. 
    Really? I think it was quite obvious what formation we were going with - the diamond. We literally had two players for every position. 

Amos/AMB 
    Gunter/Matthews 
    Maatsen/Purrington
    Inniss/Deji
    Famewo/Pearce
    Pratley/Watson
    Shinnie/JFC/Morgan/Gilbey
    Maddison/Williams 
    Bogle/Aneke
    Washington/Smyth 

Plus Levitt as the extra man as Bows always liked options in CM. I think it was just complicated by Williams and Maddison not playing much. Doughty did complicate things as he doesnt fit a diamond but I think it was clearly Bows favoured formation. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I honestly don't think Ronnie was imposed on Bowyer at all. Obviously it is most likely that Thomas put him on our radar but I think we signed him in September and there was some hold up that we couldn't have gotten out of if we tried.

Really? I think it was quite obvious what formation we were going with - the diamond. We literally had two players for every position. 

Amos/AMB 
    Gunter/Matthews 
    Maatsen/Purrington
    Inniss/Deji
    Famewo/Pearce
    Pratley/Watson
    Maddison/Williams 
    Bogle/Aneke
    Washington/Smyth 

Plus Levitt as the extra man as Bows always liked options in CM. I think it was just complicated by Williams and Maddison not playing much. Doughty did complicate things as he doesnt fit a diamond but I think it was clearly Bows favoured formation. 

It was, until like you say, Doughty became undropable.  Shinnie, Morgan and Gilbey were all well below par in the side parts of the diamond.  Maddison, it wasn't really his position.  Bogle and Aneke weren't really suited to the split forward role either.

Like I said if Doughty plays, what do you play?  For what it's worth, if he wanted to play the diamond and recruited accordingly, Doughty should have got the Phillips treatment.  Or played left back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Amos/AMB 
    Gunter/Matthews 
    Maatsen/Purrington
    Inniss/Deji
    Famewo/Pearce
    Pratley/Watson
    Maddison/Williams 
    Bogle/Aneke
    Washington/Smyth 

It was, until like you say, Doughty became undropable.  Shinnie, Morgan and Gilbey were all well below par in the side parts of the diamond.  Maddison, it wasn't really his position.  Bogle and Aneke weren't really suited to the split forward role either.

Like I said if Doughty plays, what do you play?  For what it's worth, if he wanted to play the diamond and recruited accordingly, Doughty should have got the Phillips treatment.  Or played left back. 
    Ah I agree the personnel didn't suit the diamond, especially in hindsight, but I think it was definitely the plan. Pratley or Watson in the DM role, two of Morgan, Gilbey, Shinnie and JFC in the CM roles and Maddison/Williams competing for the AM position. 

I think Bows wanted to play the diamond for the majority or sometimes 433 with Washington, Doughty and Smyth as the options out wide. I was surprised we signed Maatsen as I did think Doughty would be the attacking LB, the problem being he's not a LB at all so it definitely causes a bit of confusion. 
  • If he doesn't either leave today or play tonight then something must be really wrong.

Don't think it would be something the club can talk about either.
  • Something must be going on in the background. Expecting him to either be sold/loaned out today or should be in the squad for Crawley game. Anything else seems to be very odd. 
  • If I hadn’t done my back I would be going to Dartford today for the U23 (still might if I feel better). What with that and the silly buggers cup on the same day, and that Ronnie played a half at Dulwich Hamlet, if Schwartz does not feature in either then it is legitimate to make enquiries.
    Today is one of those that is pregnant with much interest and many issues.
  • If he doesn't either leave today or play tonight then something must be really wrong.

Don't think it would be something the club can talk about either.
    Well, I think it is something that is legitimately able to be talked about if he plays in neither game today and is still here at midnight.
  • seth plum said:
    If I hadn’t done my back I would be going to Dartford today for the U23 (still might if I feel better). What with that and the silly buggers cup on the same day, and that Ronnie played a half at Dulwich Hamlet, if Schwartz does not feature in either then it is legitimate to make enquiries.
    so we won't see him for another nine months then ...
  • seth plum said:
    If I hadn’t done my back I would be going to Dartford today for the U23 (still might if I feel better). What with that and the silly buggers cup on the same day, and that Ronnie played a half at Dulwich Hamlet, if Schwartz does not feature in either then it is legitimate to make enquiries.
    so we won't see him for another nine months then ...
    If Ronnie is a real fox in the box it'll be two months ...

• Not involved tonight.
  • Not involved tonight.
    No surprise there, we won't see him again.