Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• paulfox said:
    how long does it take to get fit enough as a professional athlete training every day? 
    Could say the same about Gilbey...
  • Off_it said:
    As an employer Charlton have a duty of care to their employees.

That takes priority over everything. And if people on an internet message board don't like that then it's tough titty, regardless of how self-entitled you may feel.
    Sounds nice but football employees have got away with assaulting non-football employees, including sexually, in the past because the club(s) prefer(s) to turn a blind eye where the playing side is concerned. Not much duty of care evident in those cases.
    Well if you know about specific incidents of that nature then you need to be reporting them yourself, surely?

Aside from that I don't see how two wrongs make a right. Genuinely surprised you seem to be expressing that view, unless you know more than you're letting on? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jacko can’t say much else but trust me we were / r in the throws of sorting out a deal with his former club - hope it’s resolved for all parties to move on 
    Need to get a move on as their Window must be closing soon?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jacko can’t say much else but trust me we were / r in the throws of sorting out a deal with his former club - hope it’s resolved for all parties to move on 
    Danish window has an extra day.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Thought theirs was the 31st?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Danish_football_transfers_summer_2021
  • DOUCHER said:

The ever reliable transfermarkt says Sep 1st for Denmark. Quite possibly wrong though.
  • DOUCHER said:

The ever reliable transfermarkt says Sep 1st for Denmark. Quite possibly wrong though.
    Equally is Wiki that reliable?
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    how long does it take to get fit enough as a professional athlete training every day? 
    If he and the club really wanted it to happen, he would have been fit by now; he must have been back in this country 5 or 6 weeks now, surely enough time for a professional sportsperson to get back into shape?
  • Does Denmark’s window shut tonight as well? 
  • paulfox said:
    Who has a medical reason for his absence. IF there was a genuine medical reason why Ronnie couldn't play, I can't see the benefit of not giving some more information out. Everyone would get off the club's back, and send Ronnie our best wishes.

Instead they tell us it's his fitness which isn't up to speed, which makes it look like it's his fault for not keeping himself in shape and doing the hard work. Which may or may not be grossly unfair.
  • paulfox said:
    Who has a medical reason for his absence. IF there was a genuine medical reason why Ronnie couldn't play, I can't see the benefit of not giving some more information out. Everyone would get off the club's back, and send Ronnie our best wishes.

Instead they tell us it's his fitness which isn't up to speed, which makes it look like it's his fault for not keeping himself in shape and doing the hard work. Which may or may not be grossly unfair.
    Fuck me, I’ll tell you now I’m extremely unfit, but could play football for 20 mins!!!, he’s not exactly come back like Peter Garland. So the amount of time he’s been back and training all sounds like bollox to me. 
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

Fuck me, I’ll tell you now I’m extremely unfit, but could play football for 20 mins!!!, he’s not exactly come back like Peter Garland. So the amount of time he’s been back and training all sounds like bollox to me. 
    It's almost like there's more to it, but the club don't want to share.

I know we'd all love to know all the ins and outs but it seems everyone at the club are sticking to the personal reasons line and we need to respect that.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I have nothing but respect for players who move abroad, having to adapt to a totally new culture, language etc must be incredibly difficult, even more so during the covid era and without your family by your side. Fair play to any player who gives it a go, I think we are so used to seeing foreign players coming over here that we can forget how much of an upheaval to a person's life moving to another country is.

I also seem to recall reading he had to leave his pregnant wife back in Denmark so it must have been a very lonely existence for him for a while when you take into account everything related to covid as well. I certainly don't think I could have done what he has done so fair play to him for giving it a try. I have no doubt he earns a decent wage but considering we are a league one club i dare say his wages probably haven't been earth shattering and probably comparable to what he could have earnt in Denmark.

Those saying explanations are needed are far off the mark for me, I've not heard anything to suggest he has been a bad influence or refused to play and I suspect its just a move which hasn't worked out for both parties. It happens sometimes for a number of reasons and I think there is a lot of mitigation for why it perhaps hasn't worked out for him. At least he can turn round and say he gave it a go.
    He chose to move over and be apart from his wife.
    I'm not sure the culture in Denmark is too different to over here.  As for the language I imagine his English is flawless. 
    If he is a victim of a mental health condition, I would say views like "he chose it" could be considered victim blaming. I have no issue with what he has chosen and if the club see fit to not tell us what is up, I see no issue with that either.

There's a lot of supposition on here about Schwartz that is totally unfounded and not grounded in reality. I think it is just people trying to make themselves feel better for shitting on a player because they're not privy to his personal life.
    Where have I passed comment on mental health?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

It's almost like there's more to it, but the club don't want to share.

I know we'd all love to know all the ins and outs but it seems everyone at the club are sticking to the personal reasons line and we need to respect that.
    I think there probably is mate, and I’m not one to need to know why we’re not seeing him. But based on the unfit excuse it has me questioning things, more through disappointment as I saw something in him.
  • edited August 2021
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

That takes priority over everything. And if people on an internet message board don't like that then it's tough titty, regardless of how self-entitled you may feel.
    Sounds nice but football employees have got away with assaulting non-football employees, including sexually, in the past because the club(s) prefer(s) to turn a blind eye where the playing side is concerned. Not much duty of care evident in those cases.
    Well if you know about specific incidents of that nature then you need to be reporting them yourself, surely?

Aside from that I don't see how two wrongs make a right. Genuinely surprised you seem to be expressing that view, unless you know more than you're letting on? 
    They've all been reported in the past, some of them by newspapers, but I'm not dragging up the victims' names here. In one case the club sacked someone for assault, against objections from the football side despite it being undisputed that he had bottled a member of staff, and then decided to re-employ him regardless. My point to you is that football clubs play fast and loose with their employees if it suits them and always have. Many football people think they can do what they like regardless of employment law, and often they get away with it. Hence I am very sceptical about linking clubs with a "duty of care", even though I recognise the basis for doing so.

• Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

They've all been reported in the past, some of them by newspapers, but I'm not dragging up the victims' names here. In one case the club sacked someone for assault, against objections from the football side despite it being undisputed that he had bottled a member of staff, and then decided to re-employ him regardless. My point to you is that football clubs play fast and loose with their employees if it suits them and always have. Many football people think they can do what they like regardless of employment law, and often they get away with it. Hence I am very sceptical about linking clubs with a "duty of care", even though I recognise the basis.

Well, that's not right then is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

They've all been reported in the past, some of them by newspapers, but I'm not dragging up the victims' names here. In one case the club sacked someone for assault, against objections from the football side despite it being undisputed that he had bottled a member of staff, and then decided to re-employ him regardless. My point to you is that football clubs play fast and loose with their employees if it suits them and always have. Many football people think they can do what they like regardless of employment law, and often they get away with it. Hence I am very sceptical about linking clubs with a "duty of care", even though I recognise the basis.

Well, that's not right then is it?
    Clearly not. I'm just saying that you are not describing the industry as it exists, whatever the law says about it.
  • Does Denmark’s window shut tonight as well? 

Yep, it shut tonight as well.
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:

This 100%.

The young lad thay came on & scored had what....15 mins ?  No reason why Ronnie couldn't have done the same. 

I can guarantee the reason he's not playing is nothing to do with fitness & if @Doucher is right then he could be off tomorrow in any case.

• edited September 2021
    I'm not buying Jackson's answer. Ronnie played 45 minutes for the U23's some weeks back and you would expect his game time to progress from there. And if he's not going to play then he should have been sent back to Denmark to free up wages.
  • Chunes said:
    I'm not buying Jackson's answer. Ronnie played 45 minutes minutes for the U23's some weeks back and you would expect his game time to progress from there. And if he's not going to play then he should have been sent back to Denmark to free up wages.
    Love the skipper, but that is bull shit, Been back for a month and could have easily featured in either of the match today. Ronnie  can’t get 10 mins in the Papa John’s. All very strange. 
  • Chunes said:
    I'm not buying Jackson's answer. Ronnie played 45 minutes minutes for the U23's some weeks back and you would expect his game time to progress from there. And if he's not going to play then he should have been sent back to Denmark to free up wages.
    Love the skipper, but that is bull shit, Been back for a month and could have easily featured in either of the match today. Ronnie  can’t get 10 mins in the Papa John’s. All very strange. 
    I do not believe for one moment that the problems are Covid related
  • Will Ronnie be in our squad list? That will show us where he currently is
  • I am 17 stone, over 40 and smoke like a chimney.  With 6 weeks full time training I am certain I could manage 20 minutes.

It can't just see its just fitness.