Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Thing is that the money spent on Ronnie could have made all the difference in getting a player over the line like Lowery, or the lad from St Johnstone. Not TS's finest hour this one.
    Money isn t the issue. It’s value. Maybe we didn’t think matching the wigan offer was value when the morecambe guy is a lot cheaper and could be better value
  • Thing is that the money spent on Ronnie could have made all the difference in getting a player over the line like Lowery, or the lad from St Johnstone. Not TS's finest hour this one.
    Doesnt seem like money has been an issue this window

More the fact that we'll only pay what we think a player is worth, which is the right approach.
    If we don't go up then it isn't the right approach. 
    What if we went up but still went out of business as we couldnt sustain the costs?

Would it still be the right approach?
    Imagine if, after all the madness of the last few years, that it was the cost of signing a player from St Johnstone that took us under! 
  • TS needs to explain why. He signed him
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What if the club simply say he's got an ongoing issue that were not willing to comment publicly on? What then? 

Schwartz is their employee and we as fans, supporters and customers have no right to employees personal or medical details.
    You said it... You said the forbidden word!!!!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What if the club simply say he's got an ongoing issue that were not willing to comment publicly on? What then? 

Schwartz is their employee and we as fans, supporters and customers have no right to employees personal or medical details.
    Then the speculation would ramp up even further. 

Frankly I don’t think the club should say anything at all. 
  • Funny the attitudes towards this compared to a Roland failed experiment. 
    Roland had a series of failed experiments. We don't know why this one is failing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

But imagine if they did that with every injury and illness?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Manchester United never came fully clean with Darren Fletcher did they? 

I can't remember when the serverity of Andy Hunt's illness was common knowledge either. 
    not comparable (at this moment in time). It's one signing who on paper looked a decent signing. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

But they don't, and they won't if it's something more routine.

Clearly the silence around Ronnie tells everyone all they need to know. 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Well that's good then because thats where we are at the moment. 

I reckon Ronnie had got TB from the Alpaca that was put down earlier.

Does that help....?
  • TS needs to explain why. He signed him

Alright Karen, we'll get a supervisor to call you back.
    Funny 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Well that's good then because thats where we are at the moment. 

I reckon Ronnie had got TB from the Alpaca that was put down earlier.

Does that help....?
    At least the alpaca doesn’t have to live through any more Ronnie Schwartz speculation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    Funny the attitudes towards this compared to a Roland failed experiment. 
    I think Thomas has probably earned a bit of leeway
    Ah yes the ‘we wouldn’t have existed’ reason which whilst fair enough may also have been true if RD hadn’t have rocked up when Cash fucked off……

Bauer, Texeira, Buyens, JBG, Bulot didn’t generate credit to outweigh Reza and PP - so it’s a fair question to ask why Tommy gets this one swept under the carpet.

Point being he still needs to prove his mettle in bringing in players as good as we got in previous years and this transfer window (with 1 hour to go) hasn’t done that yet.
  • I have nothing but respect for players who move abroad, having to adapt to a totally new culture, language etc must be incredibly difficult, even more so during the covid era and without your family by your side. Fair play to any player who gives it a go, I think we are so used to seeing foreign players coming over here that we can forget how much of an upheaval to a person's life moving to another country is.

I also seem to recall reading he had to leave his pregnant wife back in Denmark so it must have been a very lonely existence for him for a while when you take into account everything related to covid as well. I certainly don't think I could have done what he has done so fair play to him for giving it a try. I have no doubt he earns a decent wage but considering we are a league one club i dare say his wages probably haven't been earth shattering and probably comparable to what he could have earnt in Denmark.

Those saying explanations are needed are far off the mark for me, I've not heard anything to suggest he has been a bad influence or refused to play and I suspect its just a move which hasn't worked out for both parties. It happens sometimes for a number of reasons and I think there is a lot of mitigation for why it perhaps hasn't worked out for him. At least he can turn round and say he gave it a go.
    He chose to move over and be apart from his wife.
    I'm not sure the culture in Denmark is too different to over here.  As for the language I imagine his English is flawless.
  • I have nothing but respect for players who move abroad, having to adapt to a totally new culture, language etc must be incredibly difficult, even more so during the covid era and without your family by your side. Fair play to any player who gives it a go, I think we are so used to seeing foreign players coming over here that we can forget how much of an upheaval to a person's life moving to another country is.

I also seem to recall reading he had to leave his pregnant wife back in Denmark so it must have been a very lonely existence for him for a while when you take into account everything related to covid as well. I certainly don't think I could have done what he has done so fair play to him for giving it a try. I have no doubt he earns a decent wage but considering we are a league one club i dare say his wages probably haven't been earth shattering and probably comparable to what he could have earnt in Denmark.

Those saying explanations are needed are far off the mark for me, I've not heard anything to suggest he has been a bad influence or refused to play and I suspect its just a move which hasn't worked out for both parties. It happens sometimes for a number of reasons and I think there is a lot of mitigation for why it perhaps hasn't worked out for him. At least he can turn round and say he gave it a go.
    He chose to move over and be apart from his wife.
    I'm not sure the culture in Denmark is too different to over here.  As for the language I imagine his English is flawless. 
    If he is a victim of a mental health condition, I would say views like "he chose it" could be considered victim blaming. I have no issue with what he has chosen and if the club see fit to not tell us what is up, I see no issue with that either.

There's a lot of supposition on here about Schwartz that is totally unfounded and not grounded in reality. I think it is just people trying to make themselves feel better for shitting on a player because they're not privy to his personal life.
  • edited August 2021
    Off_it said:
    As an employer Charlton have a duty of care to their employees.

That takes priority over everything. And if people on an internet message board don't like that then it's tough titty, regardless of how self-entitled you may feel.
    Sounds nice but football employees have got away with assaulting non-football employees, including sexually, in the past because the club(s) prefer(s) to turn a blind eye where the playing side is concerned. Not much duty of care evident in those cases.
  • Yeah that doesn’t sound too positive, expect him to move. 
  • So doesnt play for the U23s as the kids have to play

Doesnt play for the Seniors because he's not quite match fit to be involved

Surely one of those has to give if they want to involve him?
  • how long does it take to get fit enough as a professional athlete training every day?