Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    Can I just check.
    So a Charlton player on a 3 year contract gets married when pre season is taking place ! 
    I'm totally discombobulated by this nonsense.

Under Duchatelet, injured players weren't monitored during the summer break. Under the current management, a well paid player gets married when he desperately needs to get a pre season in.

Hopefully @Airman Brown can give a journalists opinion some time soon as we has had too much bullshit for too long at this club.

I agree Thomas Sandgaard and Nigel Adkins are a breath of fresh air but 9k fans have purchased season tickets and deserve not to be taken for mugs.
    I think he was married during the off-season, not the pre-season. 

He turns up 3 weeks after everyone else for pre season training. Fed up with all of the excuses and it feels like we have a problem with the owners pick. Looked like a good bit of business even if it did seem unusual why he would come to League 1. Unless Nigel Adkins plays with  two up front with Ronnie playing close to Stockley this can't have a happy ending.
    Professional decisions needed to resolve this impasse. 
    Did I read in here that he was suffering from depression which is why he was allowed the extra 3 weeks in Denmark.

I think that’s a pretty good reason and is a reason not to get fed up with! A player suffering from depression does not mean 9k fans are being taken for mugs

That was Covered end up speculating and suddenly that's the reason ? The guy has just got married and could settle if his wife is happy to relocate to England. 
    Just because he has just got married and can settle in England doesn’t solve depression. 

Depression is a horrible horrible thing and if he is suffering, I hope the club are helping him, rather than suggesting all should be okay as his wife is now in the country

Why do you keep saying he is suffering from Depression ? One CL member speculates and now it's confirmed ?

I have suffered from depression and know our shite you feel, even when surrounded by loved ones. 

I'm the last person who needs a lecture on the despair when having an episode.

Because charlton life is the only source of charlton news?  Maybe i've also heard this from outside of charlton life.

I cant see a lecture?  I can only see me responding to your comment insinuating that everything might be Okay if his wife settles
  • I really don’t think we should speculate on the bloke having/not-having mental health challenges. 

The club said (I think) that he was delayed in reporting for pre-season for “personal reasons”, which could mean any number of things. 

Maybe the honeymoon just didn’t go that well!
  • se9addick said:
    I really don’t think we should speculate on the bloke having/not-having mental health challenges. 

The club said (I think) that he was delayed in reporting for pre-season for “personal reasons”, which could mean any number of things. 

Maybe the honeymoon just didn’t go that well!
    Relationships are one of the greatest challenges to our mental health after all. 
  • se9addick said:
    Can I just check.
    So a Charlton player on a 3 year contract gets married when pre season is taking place ! 

Under Duchatelet, injured players weren't monitored during the summer break. Under the current management, a well paid player gets married when he desperately needs to get a pre season in.

Hopefully @Airman Brown can give a journalists opinion some time soon as we has had too much bullshit for too long at this club.

I agree Thomas Sandgaard and Nigel Adkins are a breath of fresh air but 9k fans have purchased season tickets and deserve not to be taken for mugs.

He turns up 3 weeks after everyone else for pre season training. Fed up with all of the excuses and it feels like we have a problem with the owners pick. Looked like a good bit of business even if it did seem unusual why he would come to League 1. Unless Nigel Adkins plays with  two up front with Ronnie playing close to Stockley this can't have a happy ending.
    Did I read in here that he was suffering from depression which is why he was allowed the extra 3 weeks in Denmark.

I think that’s a pretty good reason and is a reason not to get fed up with! A player suffering from depression does not mean 9k fans are being taken for mugs

That was Covered end up speculating and suddenly that's the reason ? The guy has just got married and could settle if his wife is happy to relocate to England. 
    Just because he has just got married and can settle in England doesn’t solve depression. 

Depression is a horrible horrible thing and if he is suffering, I hope the club are helping him, rather than suggesting all should be okay as his wife is now in the country

Why do you keep saying he is suffering from Depression ? One CL member speculates and now it's confirmed ?

I have suffered from depression and know our shite you feel, even when surrounded by loved ones. 

I'm the last person who needs a lecture on the despair when having an episode.

Because charlton life is the only source of charlton news?  Maybe i've also heard this from outside of charlton life.

I cant see a lecture?  I can only see me responding to your comment insinuating that everything might be Okay if his wife settles

Ok, so you are ITK.

My views were footballers perform to their optimum when in a settled environment with family or friends. Most of us do in our jobs unless demons come to the forefront. 
    (I have had that T-Shirt)

Let's not confuse depression the illness with being unsettled in your Job which I would think most of us have experienced.
    It's so intensified in a sporting results business.

• se9addick said:
    Can I just check.

Just because someone on a football forum said it might have been depression doesn't mean it is. Let's not jump to conclusions, it doesn't help anyone - player included. 
  • Just to clarify my post, i have no idea whats going on with Ronnie. I didn't mean to throw at depression to say he has it, just more the views of fans and constant judgement without actually knowing anything. Its not something to just chuck around so apologise if people have interpreted my post as anything other than concern for a player regardless what is going on. 
  •  Ronnie Schwartz is now training at Sparrows lane, and so hope he is given the opportunity to succeed at Cafc but if not then we can arrange an amicable loan, transfer to suit both parties.

Having heard the reason for Chuks Aneke limited time on the field  (did not stop Chuks passing Birmingham's medical) then personal information is difficult to share for the club if the Player and agent request privacy.

Fans wanting information about their players is quite normal especially when they are not available for selection. In future clubs may just say indisposed as society continues to evolve with all aspects of players make up is taken into consideration.

The days of just giving players pain killers are so last Century for physical injuries and Sports science is focusing on all aspects of the individuals personality and Tracey Leaburn is so important at Cafc. Tracey's jobs must've been difficult during the various lock downs and Covid generally.

Remember most young academy players don't become full time Professionals.
    Tough gig.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Excellent post @th0rryy
  • With Schwartz, without making personal judgements, you only have to read between the lines to see he is not part of our plans. I mean, he has not been involved in pre-season at all, despite not being injured. What would we have done if Stockley, Inniss or even Pearce said they planned to get married during the pre-season? There is something we are not being told, but I am not expecting to see him playing for us again.
  • With Schwartz, without making personal judgements, you only have to read between the lines to see he is not part of our plans. I mean, he has not been involved in pre-season at all, despite not being injured. What would we have done if Stockley, Inniss or even Pearce said they planned to get married during the pre-season? There is something we are not being told, but I am not expecting to see him playing for us again.
    I don’t think Schwartz got married during the pre-season.
  • I thought he got married a few weeks ago.
  • I thought he got married a few weeks ago.
    I think (not 100% though) that he got married during the off season, I believe there was some other issue that delayed his return to pre-season training. 
  • edited August 2021
    Dizzle said:
    Ronnie got married!
    13th July he posted this although it could have happened earlier I suppose.
  • se9addick said:
    I thought he got married a few weeks ago.
    I think (not 100% though) that he got married during the off season, I believe there was some other issue that delayed his return to pre-season training. 
    I think he has been ill.  Or someone in his family has.  They didn't mention Watson's illness at all.  It would explain almost everything. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    se9addick said:
    Dizzle said:
    Ronnie got married!
    He returned to England on Friday 9th of July

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-nigel-adkins-explains-late-return-to-training-for-ronnie-schwartz/

Adkins words then (this article was published on the 8th of July) were:

Ronnie is due back in the country on Friday…He has a personal issue in Denmark. I’m aware of it, but I can’t elaborate on that. He has had a personal situation, as all of us have in our lives. And personal is personal.

That, to me, doesn’t sound like the reason he was given permission to report late for pre-season is due to him getting married. 
    But you're just guessing.

Footballers are real people in real life, with real family and face life's real issues - just like the rest of us.
    Imagine if Ronnie, was your son, brother or best mate ........ and there's a load of people publicly speculating on what personal issues  your son, brother or best mate are having to deal with in their private life?

Nigel Adkins has said Ronnie has had to face some personal issues.
    It's his private life. I wish we could just leave it there.

I’m guessing what?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Dizzle said:
    Ronnie got married!
    He returned to England on Friday 9th of July

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-nigel-adkins-explains-late-return-to-training-for-ronnie-schwartz/

Adkins words then (this article was published on the 8th of July) were:

Ronnie is due back in the country on Friday…He has a personal issue in Denmark. I’m aware of it, but I can’t elaborate on that. He has had a personal situation, as all of us have in our lives. And personal is personal.

That, to me, doesn’t sound like the reason he was given permission to report late for pre-season is due to him getting married. 
    Wow someone presenting facts on this thread, i am shocked
  • That's why transparency and a timeline is so important to stop the speculation. A wedding picture put on line without the date stated is going to make fans wonder ?

I hadn't read the words of Adkins on Ronnie but you can feel Nigel's frustration.

“I did make him aware [at the end of] last season that he needed a good pre-season. We’ll see where he is at.”

Personal may be personal but the bottom line is we are weaker now than the beginning of last season with the injured or sick, Purrington, Inniss, Gilbey, JFC and the departed Chuks Aneke who also had a health issue (personal) as we prepared for our massive first League Match.

• That's why transparency and a timeline is so important to stop the speculation. A wedding picture put on line without the date stated is going to make fans wonder ?

I hadn't read the words of Adkins on Ronnie but you can feel Nigel's frustration.

“I did make him aware [at the end of] last season that he needed a good pre-season. We’ll see where he is at.”

Personal may be personal but the bottom line is we are weaker now than the beginning of last season with the injured or sick, Purrington, Inniss, Gilbey, JFC and the departed Chuks Aneke who also had a health issue (personal) as we prepared for our massive first League Match.

I'd say stronger than the beginning of last season, weaker maybe than we ended it (Aneke)

Inniss isn't injured, he's due to play the full game on Saturday providing he has no issues this week. 
  • edited August 2021
    I bumped into 3 prominent members of the first team squad this evening and had a brief conversation with them. I asked about Ronnie and they said that he’d had Covid and it had hit him pretty bad, they also mentioned a few other players that had suffered the same. They all were really positive about Ronnie other than that and said he was fine, just that it takes COVID sufferers longer to come back.

I think there’s a lot of speculation on here that’s quite wide of the mark following from that conversation. 

I get the feeling that clubs have been quite quiet about players that are suffering long term Covid effects, Newcastle had quite a few last season that hardly played, it’s definitely an issue.
    What pub were you in?
  • I bumped into 3 prominent members of the first team squad this evening and had a brief conversation with them. I asked about Ronnie and they said that he’d had Covid and it had hit him pretty bad, they also mentioned a few other players that had suffered the same. They all were really positive about Ronnie other than that and said he was fine, just that it takes COVID sufferers longer to come back.

I think there’s a lot of speculation on here that’s quite wide of the mark following from that conversation. 

I get the feeling that clubs have been quite quiet about players that are suffering long term Covid effects, Newcastle had quite a few last season that hardly played, it’s definitely an issue.
    What pub were you in?
    Probably pushing it if you want to cadge a drink...... 
  • edited August 2021
    Why would Ronnie Schwartz having Covid be personal but Gilbey having Covid is fine to tell everyone ?

Nigel Adkins is frustrated with the RS situation especially with Aneka moving on.
  • edited August 2021
    Why would Ronnie Schwartz having Covid be personal but Gilbey having Covid is fine to tell everyone ?

Nigel Adkins is frustrated with the RS situation especially with Aneka moving on.
    Did they say Ronnie's 'personal issue' was Covid? I don't see that from @RedArmySE7 wrote. 

Suffering long-term affects of the illness explains Adkins comments about him being a long way away, fitness wise. 

They key line for me, from that post: "I think there’s a lot of speculation on here that’s quite wide of the mark following from that conversation." I think your last line might be guilty of that.