Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    Schwarz looks like a very troubled man in this photo.
    He was also the last man out the tunnel at the training event and was staring at the floor.
    Classic signs of depression (at the risk of getting told off).
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/nigel-adkins-set-to-make-decision-on-madger-gomes-this-week-but-says-ronnie-schwartz-is-still-some-way-off-inclusion/
    I sincerely hope your assumption is wrong. If that was the case isn’t it very odd that he is even sitting in the stand, particularly with the current sensitivity being highlighted about mental issues at the moment.( stokes (cricket) yesterday the latest example. Wouldn’t the club feel obliged to let the fella do what he needs to do even if that entailed not being here at the moment?. Obviously all questions without any knowledge of the situation.
    Picture was from Hull.
    Oh yes ok thanks for picking me up on that.even still my point is he is still around in an environment he would potentially not need to be in. 
  • I’m wondering if he’ll be quietly loaned out to a danish club on transfer deadline day, trouble is we’ve got 3 years left on his contract for a 31 year old that’s scored as many goals for Charlton as Bogle!
    Less goals for charlton than Bogle!

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m wondering if he’ll be quietly loaned out to a danish club on transfer deadline day, trouble is we’ve got 3 years left on his contract for a 31 year old that’s scored as many goals for Charlton as Bogle!

Wow really, and he got absolute dogs abuse from the fans.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’m wondering if he’ll be quietly loaned out to a danish club on transfer deadline day, trouble is we’ve got 3 years left on his contract for a 31 year old that’s scored as many goals for Charlton as Bogle!

Wow really, and he got absolute dogs abuse from the fans.
    Bogle played twice as many minutes and started games.

Anyway, it ain’t ever gonna work, get rid and put it down to TS naivety.
  • se9addick said:
    3 years? Bloody hell. 
    No need to have sympathy then.
  • edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    The full quote:

“He’s a long way from being involved on Saturday. But it’s pleasing that he did a bit of the sports science stuff yesterday at the open day we had at The Valley. It’s good for everyone to see him. At least he’s progressing in what we need to go and to do.

“But he certainly won’t be featuring during the Sheffield Wednesday game, there’s a long way to go yet. But it’s good that he’s going in the right direction.”

'Did a bit of it' doesn't really make it sound like he's busting a gut to get fit for the season. 
    Seems like people are really intent on finding what they want to find. 

I can't see the value in picking out a few words from a broad quote as evidence of anything. But to each their own. I mean I could just as easily pick out Adkins saying: "He's progressing... He's going in the right direction." But it's not a worthwhile game to play. 
  • As a few posters have said, a lot of bile being spewed when none of us know what is really going on. Might be best to wait & see what the problem is before we hang, draw & quarter him. 

The only point I'd like to make is if Adkins doesn't rate him or want him then please can we bring in a striker NOW,  rather than wait until transfer deadline day. We are already 1 down on last season (the clubs top goalscorer) and now seemingly we are 2 strikers light. With Washington playing more out wide atm, and Davison still pretty raw we are looking like going into the season with not a lot of firepower. 
    Why is the club going to panic and pay over the odds for a back up striker now (who you will be the first to moan about how bad they are if they don't bang in a goal a game), when it can wait and bring in the right player for the right price. 

I'd much rather if the club were going to pay over the odds (in what has been mentioned to be a difficult market by many clubs now), we did it on a winger. The winger is likely to be a first team player, and it would give the option to play Washington up top either as the 1 or alongside Stockley if we changed formation. 

• When your manager says you need a good season, then you come back late and unfit and then don’t play a single minute of any preseason friendlies, it doesn’t really suggest you’re about to have a great season. 

There are many potential reasons for all this, some of which might command more sympathy than others, but all the signs are this is not going to work out. A shame, but I don’t think there’s much point pinning any hopes on him. In hindsight, it was a red flag that he was supposedly so unfit when he arrived in January despite having been, allegedly, training in Denmark.

For whatever reason it would appear his heart isn’t in it. 
    The one thing i can't work out is that because he got married i'm assuming he was given permission to come back late (and then of course he had to quarantine). It's not as if he went awol and refused to return.

But why wasn't his wedding in May? It surely can't be usual for a footballer to be on holiday from early May but then not get married for 2 months and then return to training late? I even thought as he only moved here recently it might have already been planned for a certain date but then the Danish season starts in early July, so he wouldn't have been ready for their season either.
  • Sponsored links:

• When your manager says you need a good season, then you come back late and unfit and then don’t play a single minute of any preseason friendlies, it doesn’t really suggest you’re about to have a great season. 

There are many potential reasons for all this, some of which might command more sympathy than others, but all the signs are this is not going to work out. A shame, but I don’t think there’s much point pinning any hopes on him. In hindsight, it was a red flag that he was supposedly so unfit when he arrived in January despite having been, allegedly, training in Denmark.

The one thing i can't work out is that because he got married i'm assuming he was given permission to come back late (and then of course he had to quarantine). It's not as if he went awol and refused to return.

But why wasn't his wedding in May? It surely can't be usual for a footballer to be on holiday from early May but then not get married for 2 months and then return to training late? I even thought as he only moved here recently it might have already been planned for a certain date but then the Danish season starts in early July, so he wouldn't have been ready for their season either.
     He had a "personal thing" I don't read that as being his wedding, otherwise you'd just say he had his wedding.

It's all very fishy why he's so far behind in training and match fitness.
  • edited August 2021
    Can I just check.
    So a Charlton player on a 3 year contract gets married when pre season is taking place ! 
    I'm totally discombobulated by this nonsense.

Under Duchatelet, injured players weren't monitored during the summer break. Under the current management, a well paid player gets married when he desperately needs to get a pre season in. Especially as Adkins said how important it was Ronnie got up to speed with the pre season work.

Edited: No need for the rest of the  Rant Sam ! 
  • Can I just check.
    So a Charlton player on a 3 year contract gets married when pre season is taking place ! 

Under Duchatelet, injured players weren't monitored during the summer break. Under the current management, a well paid player gets married when he desperately needs to get a pre season in.

Hopefully @Airman Brown can give a journalists opinion some time soon as we has had too much bullshit for too long at this club.

I agree Thomas Sandgaard and Nigel Adkins are a breath of fresh air but 9k fans have purchased season tickets and deserve not to be taken for mugs.
    I think he was married during the off-season, not the pre-season. 
  • I will not be surprised if he gets sold without kicking another ball for us, and his 'career' with us will be clouded in mystery.
    I am not expecting clubs to reveal intimate details to fans, but wtf has been going on with this guy?
  • Can I just check.

Under Duchatelet, injured players weren't monitored during the summer break. Under the current management, a well paid player gets married when he desperately needs to get a pre season in. Especially as Adkins said how important it was Ronnie got up to speed with the pre season work.

Hopefully @Airman Brown can give a journalists opinion some time soon as we've had too much bullshit for too long at this club.

I agree Thomas Sandgaard and Nigel Adkins are a breath of fresh air but 9k fans have purchased season tickets and deserve not to be taken for mugs.
     Why are you being taken for mugs exactly?!
  • As most have said it is all very weird and I doubt if we will ever know the full story. He didnt turn into a bad player overnight so there must be something else going on. 

As I said yesterday imo for a player who isnt injured to return to their club for pre season to be so far away from fitness is just unprofessional. However as has been pointed out perhaps there are other reasons rather than physical so I accept that maybe my judgement is harsh
  • se9addick said:
    Can I just check.

Under Duchatelet, injured players weren't monitored during the summer break. Under the current management, a well paid player gets married when he desperately needs to get a pre season in.

Hopefully @Airman Brown can give a journalists opinion some time soon as we has had too much bullshit for too long at this club.

He turns up 3 weeks after everyone else for pre season training. Fed up with all of the excuses and it feels like we have a problem with the owners pick. Looked like a good bit of business even if it did seem unusual why he would come to League 1. Unless Nigel Adkins plays with  two up front with Ronnie playing close to Stockley this can't have a happy ending.
    Professional decisions needed to resolve this impasse. 
  • se9addick said:
    Can I just check.

He turns up 3 weeks after everyone else for pre season training. Fed up with all of the excuses and it feels like we have a problem with the owners pick. Looked like a good bit of business even if it did seem unusual why he would come to League 1. Unless Nigel Adkins plays with  two up front with Ronnie playing close to Stockley this can't have a happy ending.
    Yeah I don’t know why his pre-season has been a disaster (which, after a pretty awful start to his Charlton career, was the last thing he needed), just wanted to point out that I don’t think it was due to him getting married.

Not sure what’s going to happen now, I don’t think getting rid of him will be as easy as some believe.
  • edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Can I just check.

Yeah I don’t know why his pre-season has been a disaster (which, after a pretty awful start to his Charlton career, was the last thing he needed), just wanted to point out that I don’t think it was due to him getting married.

Not sure what’s going to happen now, I don’t think getting rid of him will be as easy as some believe.

As I commented at the time, a lovely lady, but after the "what's wrong with Aneke" and  not being sorted out before he left, it feels like we are in Limbo again with a striker. 
    At home we need two striker playing in tandem in and around the box. That is my belief and if it's any two from Stockley, Schwartz, Washington and Davidson then fine but they all have too be totally committed and scoring on a regular basis.
    That is why strikers should get paid the most.

Agree, with Ronnie having another two years we need him earning his money and integrating into the team or alternatively finding an exit strategy which is no Shame but both cafc and Schwartz can move on.
    It happens all the time in football as recruitment as never been an exact science.

• Sponsored links:

• Some right helmets on this thread, literally no-one knows whats gone on and with mental illness quite in the public these days, you would think some people would show some respect. Footballers are real people, stop trying to microscope everything and unless we get full facts (maybe once he moves on?) why we just leave it. 

Yes its gutting we signed him and didn't go up and he didn't feature, but thats not on the player alone is it? 

As always i will reserve judgement until anything comes out, if it ever does.
    Good post. Got to understand the disappointment of Schwartz being a failure but think we just have to sit back and let it run it's course. 
  • edited August 2021
    I want the Ronnie Schwartz situation resolved, as I said no shame if he moves on.
    The Covid world has complicated the process of mixing in with new team mates;
    Especially from another Country. 

Having spoken to professional footballers like Johnny Humphreys,(sports teacher) Paul Mortimer(coaching) and Rhoys Wiggins( sports nutrition) about the up and downs of being a footballer: Wiggins said in his whole career he felt his body stopped him reaching his full potential(premier player) after an injury as a Palace academy player. 

Last Saturday, at a match in the lower leagues also spoke to the dad of a young lad of 18 who was at Charlton for 4 years in the academy from 11 until 15 but was then released and joined a football foundation.
    ( School and football and numerous trials at pro clubs)

Ronnie Schwartz has had a successful career as a pro footballer, would be interesting if he can be given the chance (he needs to take the chance) at Cafc but at the moment it looking unlikely because of the preferred system of the manager.

• I’d like to think he will come good when fit.
    Who’s going to sign him if he’s that unfit?
    We could be stuck with him unless we can ship him out on a short term loan somewhere.
    Doubt he’d drop to league 2 for minutes.
    We are just going to have to make the best of what is currently a bad situation.
  • edited August 2021
    se9addick said:
    Can I just check.

Did I read in here that he was suffering from depression which is why he was allowed the extra 3 weeks in Denmark.

I think that’s a pretty good reason and is a reason not to get fed up with! A player suffering from depression does not mean 9k fans are being taken for mugs

That was Covered end up speculating and suddenly that's the reason ? The guy has just got married and could settle if his wife is happy to relocate to England. 

*9k fans taken for mugs was a soapbox comment caused by staying up half the night watching the Olympics ! I'm still a fan of Thomas Sandgaard and Nigel Adkins, despite Nigel not going for the twin striker option.
  • se9addick said:
    Can I just check.

Did I read in here that he was suffering from depression which is why he was allowed the extra 3 weeks in Denmark.

I think that’s a pretty good reason and is a reason not to get fed up with! A player suffering from depression does not mean 9k fans are being taken for mugs

That was Covered end up speculating and suddenly that's the reason ? The guy has just got married and could settle if his wife is happy to relocate to England. 
    Just because he has just got married and can settle in England doesn’t solve depression. 

Depression is a horrible horrible thing and if he is suffering, I hope the club are helping him, rather than suggesting all should be okay as his wife is now in the country

Why do you keep saying he is suffering from Depression ? One CL member speculates and now it's confirmed ?

I have suffered from depression and know our shite you feel, even when surrounded by loved ones. 

I'm the last person who needs a lecture on the despair when having an episode.

• It seems that the photo detectives have chosen the latter from a resting bi*tch face in the stands or depression without any further knowledge.