Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Not featuring again today
  • sam3110 said:
    Not featuring again today
    Hardly surprising since he's only had a few days's training.

• Take today's game for an example. How would you fit Ronnie into the team. 
  • Two weeks before the start of the season. He's a professional footballer he should at least be able to have a 30 minute run out as I'm not aware of him having any injuries. 
    But he's only had a few days proper pre-season training.

If you played him today, there's a huge risk of injury if he's not ready.

You don't play a player who's not yet fit.

• But we've been paying him a wage throughout the summer to keep in some short of shape, he's not been injured as far as I know.

If he doesn't appear next week then something is wrong 
  • Sponsored links:

• But we've been paying him a wage throughout the summer to keep in some short of shape, he's not been injured as far as I know.

If he doesn't appear next week then something is wrong 
    Maybe the management thought that time running and training today at sparrows lane was more beneficial than a 30 minute run out in a friendly?

I would have given him game time today, that’s probably one of the reason why I’m not a football manager
  • At this rate he will be another Johnny Ostergaard

• Just my take on it but here’s how I view the current Danish Superliga clubs based on who I see their English “equivalent” as : 

Aalborg BK (Portsmouth)
    Brøndby IF (Norwich or WBA)
    FC Copenhagen (Crystal Palace)
    FC Midtjylland (Burnley or Bournemouth)
    Lyngby BK (Fleetwood)
    SønderjyskE (Birmingham or Rotherham)
    Viborg IF (Gillingham)
    Silkeborg (Bristol Rovers)
    Vejle BK (Plymouth)
    Randers FC (Wigan Athletic)
    FC Nordsjælland (Luton or Charlton)
    Odense BK (Sunderland) 

My local Danish League One Club (Fremad Amager) would be the equivalent of someone like Cambridge City or Northampton Town I guess.

I see 'a bit' of Elfsborg. We'd struggle in the Championship.
  • shirty5 said:
    At this rate he will be another Johnny Ostergaard

****Was 'his mate' for Viggo?
    That worked out well.***
    I hope we do not have any more Danish duds

• edited July 2021
    Think some very unfair comments have been made about his record in Denmark.

Let's forget the second tier season where he scored 25 goals in 27 games for a second and focus on what he did in the top flight over there.

Silkeborg (July to January) - 20 appearances - 12 goals

Midtjylland (January to end of season) - 15 appearances - 6 goals

He scored 18 in 35. Against opponents like Copenhagen and Brondby. He also had a period between 2012 and 2014 where he scored 29 in 57 for Randers against the same competition. He's no mug.

The only reservation I have is that he's left Denmark before (for France) and was a flop there. I'm sure he's viewing this season as a chance to prove some people wrong.

The only thing you can take from his record in Denmark is that he isn't shit nor is he so good its nailed on he will score goals here.

I am more concerned as to why he was unselectable last season and why, if his presence at preseason was so vital why he came back so late and wasn't available today.
  • He'll be shipped off from us by December, gut feeling.
  • He'll be shipped off from us by December, gut feeling.
    To be honest I'll be shocked if he is still here in September 
  • I know he has recently got married, but it does feel strange he wasn't involved today. Have we given up on him?
  • Think some very unfair comments have been made about his record in Denmark.

Let's forget the second tier season where he scored 25 goals in 27 games for a second and focus on what he did in the top flight over there.

Silkeborg (July to January) - 20 appearances - 12 goals

Midtjylland (January to end of season) - 15 appearances - 6 goals

He scored 18 in 35. Against opponents like Copenhagen and Brondby. He also had a period between 2012 and 2014 where he scored 29 in 57 for Randers against the same competition. He's no mug.

The only reservation I have is that he's left Denmark before (for France) and was a flop there. I'm sure he's viewing this season as a chance to prove some people wrong.

He's nearly 32 too, not exactly a lot of time to adapt.
  • Sponsored links:

• He hasn’t been seen on the pitch for enough minutes to make any assessment by supporters. 

Everything else is supposition. 

• edited July 2021
    He hasn’t been seen on the pitch for enough minutes to make any assessment by supporters. 

Isn't supposition what drives a fan's forum?  
  • He hasn’t been seen on the pitch for enough minutes to make any assessment by supporters. 

But when he's come onto the pitch for the small cameos he's been given he doesn't touch the ball at all. 
    You also have to question why he's not been given any time at all
  • I can't see him playing for us again

Three different Charlton managers appear to have seen enough of him on the training pitch to have made an assessment…
  • se9addick said:
    He hasn’t been seen on the pitch for enough minutes to make any assessment by supporters. 

Three different Charlton managers appear to have seen enough of him on the training pitch to have made an assessment…
    It is a weird one isnt it. Without doubt he should be able to bang goals in league one but as you say 3 different managers etc
  • I think he will be gone. We need to replace Aneke and it's not Davison. No point having Schwartz, Davison and Washington as cover for the first two so be surprised if he stays. 
  • One poster said that we signed somebody with a lot of pedigree, I can only assume he brought with him a lot of dog food.
    Too right chum!

See, this is what we need, puns. Not meaningful additions to our squad to get us out a pub league...