Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• I find the comment from that article about "managing Ryan Inniss through pre-season" more worrying to be honest.. doesn't fill you with hope that he can be a fixture through the whole season
    I actually think the opposite. I'd much prefer they did that so he can start the season and stay as fit as possible than chuck him in friendlies, get injured, miss the first month of the season and spend the rest of it playing catch up. 
    not sure thats really how it works mate... literally the ONLY reason for pre-season is to get you as fit as possible, you don't avoid it to try and stay as fit as possible... he's had months back from injury now and just had summer off as rest - if even now he's having to be managed through pre-season... that rings enormous alarm bells. 

cross our fingers and hope scenario. 
  • We have had some wet farts of signings over the years but IF Rocket Ronnie does not put on a show this season, he may be up there in the Pantheon of "Why did we fucking bother" signings...
    Chased him for two transfer windows as well 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    You guys realise I copied the link here from the Ryan Inniss thread? You know where you could freely discuss Inniss. 

Sorry, Boss. Won't happen again.

*sticks out tongue* :smiley:

• Can’t see him playing games this season, got to go down as one of Charlton’s worst ever signings in their history in my opinion. If you want a guy running around touching the ball 5 times a game, never doing anything ever, then i’d happily play for free. 
  • Sort of signing Roland would have been expected to make let’s be honest - Polish Pete levels almost. 

Don’t want to knock him but wasn’t Sandgaards wisest contribution really - presuming Gallen didn’t randomly suggest signing a Danish journeyman 
  • I find the comment from that article about "managing Ryan Inniss through pre-season" more worrying to be honest.. doesn't fill you with hope that he can be a fixture through the whole season
    I actually think the opposite. I'd much prefer they did that so he can start the season and stay as fit as possible than chuck him in friendlies, get injured, miss the first month of the season and spend the rest of it playing catch up. 
    not sure thats really how it works mate... literally the ONLY reason for pre-season is to get you as fit as possible, you don't avoid it to try and stay as fit as possible... he's had months back from injury now and just had summer off as rest - if even now he's having to be managed through pre-season... that rings enormous alarm bells. 

cross our fingers and hope scenario. 
    of course, but pre-season isn't necessarily about just the friendlies, fitness can be developed in a different way. It's also the only time in the year you regularly train for a long period of term without a competitive game. Don't get me wrong, I do get the alarm bells and his fitness is an obvious concern. But I'm also quite happy we haven't chucked him in, but he does now need game time. 
  • I'd like to see a lot more of Ronnie this coming season ... out on loan!  There's a whiff of the Ralph Milne's about him. As in ...he's  crap. 

I've more faith in Josh Davison tbh. In fact you'd prolly see a better return from unfunny kidbrooke chubster Jim Davison (albeit with crapper jokes than Schwartz who is himself a stand up joke
     )
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Ronnie came to this club and country under very difficult circumstances,living alone,away from his family .So why not give the guy a chance now things are a better.He has hardly played so how can all you Alex Ferguson wannabees cast a fair judgement and say he is crap.He was brought to the club by people who know what they are doing,yes of course sometimes it will go wrong,but I prefer to judge when he has a fair chance to prove himself.
    He’s a professional footballer who chose of his own free will to move to another club (presumably there was a financial motivation involved too). Let’s stop with the “came to the country under very difficult circumstances” stuff, he was hardly human trafficked from Lagos. 

It’s been six months and three managers now, and none of them have fancied him. Obviously I hope he goes on to have a 20+ goal season, but the signs don’t look great right now.
    You realise he'd likely agreed to join before the January lockdown blocked him from being able to see his family right?
    London went into lockdown December 14th, he signed for Charlton on January 4th.
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Ronnie came to this club and country under very difficult circumstances,living alone,away from his family .So why not give the guy a chance now things are a better.He has hardly played so how can all you Alex Ferguson wannabees cast a fair judgement and say he is crap.He was brought to the club by people who know what they are doing,yes of course sometimes it will go wrong,but I prefer to judge when he has a fair chance to prove himself.
    He’s a professional footballer who chose of his own free will to move to another club (presumably there was a financial motivation involved too). Let’s stop with the “came to the country under very difficult circumstances” stuff, he was hardly human trafficked from Lagos. 

It’s been six months and three managers now, and none of them have fancied him. Obviously I hope he goes on to have a 20+ goal season, but the signs don’t look great right now.
    You realise he'd likely agreed to join before the January lockdown blocked him from being able to see his family right?
    It was confirmed on 4th January but he may have signed his contract before then, and we were waiting for it to go through before confirming it.

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him sold or loaned out. I can’t see NA switching to a two striker formation to fit him in, so he’ll be restricted to appearances off the bench if he even gets that far.
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

And he'd likely already agreed to join. Didn't Sandgaard admit we just missed out on him in September? When we had that flurry of panic signings.

• Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

It was confirmed on 4th January but he may have signed his contract before then, and we were waiting for it to go through before confirming it.

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him sold or loaned out. I can’t see NA switching to a two striker formation to fit him in, so he’ll be restricted to appearances off the bench if he even gets that far.
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

And he'd likely already agreed to join. Didn't Sandgaard admit we just missed out on him in September? When we had that flurry of panic signings.

“May” / “likely” - I like the creative thinking guys, basically Ronnie Schwartz fan fiction! 

@Dazzler21 - honest question, if the surprise of finding out there was a global pandemic taking place in England and the hardship that caused was the reason he hardly featured last season, what do you think the reason for him not featuring in any of the three pre-season games so far & Adkins less than positive statement on him yesterday is? 
  • se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

“May” / “likely” - I like the creative thinking guys, basically Ronnie Schwartz fan fiction! 

@Dazzler21 - honest question, if the surprise of finding out there was a global pandemic taking place in England and the hardship that caused was the reason he hardly featured last season, what do you think the reason for him not featuring in any of the three pre-season games so far & Adkins less than positive statement on him yesterday is? 
    He’s got a helmet strain. 
  • Personally i think if we can get Ronnie up and running and play to his strengths then he will score goals for us. Clearly issues there but hopefully now his wife is over with him and London isn’t in lockdown, he can start to flourish. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

He turned us down didn't he? Not thinking it was the time to go and move abroad given his age/ stage in career/ family or something and a Danish club was supposed to be interested as well. Which then saw the flurry of panic signings - Bogez best their is.

That fell through, he took our offer few months later after not playing, all fair enough really.

Was the signing we needed at the time (on paper at least) a goalscoring poacher, hasn't worked out to date and might not at all, but we've paid more for worse and less on better, that's football for you.
  • I doubt very much when Ronnie signed,neither he nor anybody else fully anticipated what was about to happen in the world.If the club had been after him for months then they must have seen something there worth pursuing.We havent had a goal poacher for some time,With Stockley likely to win plenty of balls in the opposing area,who knows what might happen,plus if Adkins plays a more attacking game than Bowyer with emphasis on midfielders getting forward  more then more chances will come.
  • Ronnie is an old fashioned 6 yard box striker comes alive in the box … nearest sort of striker we had since Mendonca /Hales …… 
    You’re forgetting Francis Jeffers
  • I don't hold much hope. Adkins said Ronnie needed a good pre-season and he missed a chunk of it. 
  • redbuttle said:
    It's nice to see loads of people on here who are willing to give him a chance to actually prove whether he is good or not. 
     He has been in or around the fringe of the first team for a while . From what l saw when he was with Forest Green Rovers he is physically stronger but not any better. Perhaps he is quicker. . 

I thought we would replace Aneke with one of the better lower league forwards.

Yet here we are talking Davison and a young 17 year old centre half as cover for the physically suspect Ryann Innis.
    This is the Scwartz thread, not Davison think you posted on the wrong one lol
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

He turned us down didn't he? Not thinking it was the time to go and move abroad given his age/ stage in career/ family or something and a Danish club was supposed to be interested as well. Which then saw the flurry of panic signings - Bogez best there is.

That fell through, he took our offer few months later after not playing, all fair enough really.

Was the signing we needed at the time (on paper at least) a goalscoring poacher, hasn't worked out to date and might not at all, but we've paid more for worse and less on better, that's football for you.
     I believe it was that negotiations with us broke down and as a result he was frozen out at Midtjylland? I think if he had signed in September, the whole story would be different, we'd have got him when he was still in some form - not unplayed for 4 months or whatever it was. (Not that what I think could have happened matters in any way as you can't change the past.)

If it was us or another club I guess is irrelevant, I doubt he expected to be frozen out. 
  • se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:

He attended the Wimbledon 5-2 win at The Valley, December 13th before going back to Denmark.

Just a guess, but he'd quite likely agreed the deal or even signed by then?

• I like Ronnie, if we built the side around his strengths then I have no doubt he could score a hell of a lot of goals at this level. 

Unfortunately for him, we’ve built the side around Stockley’s strengths. If he stays then I think it will be the same as last season.