Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• I was going to do a 'would ya' but it's inappropriate..everyone would say yes!
    Depends if its in reference to Ronnie?
  • RedChaser said:
    No such thing as an ugly Scandinavian.
    I thought you was English mate 😉
     :)  :)
    F***** me there mate......again.
  • RedChaser said:
    Sorry mate, to be fair since age caught up with me I'm no oil paining 😉
  • I was going to do a 'would ya' but it's inappropriate..everyone would say yes!
    Don't bat for that team, but maybe if he gets a winner for us at wembley 
  • So he can score then. Congrats gunslinger.
  • No wonder he struggled without her!!
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Sorry mate, to be fair since age caught up with me I'm no oil paining 😉
    I have noticed.
  • edited July 2021
    Bringing it back to Ronnie and football, but, having seen a fair few comments about the formation not suiting him/ lone striker role. I've had a look back at his silkeborg days and his time at mid, mitch myt the other club, where, yep, he played up top on his own in a 4231 mainly, so the whole "Adkins needs to change to accommodate him" probably isn't that easy a fix... I'll take a wild stab in the dark and suggest Adkins may have tried that once or twice in training.

Still hope it'll work out for the guy and maybe after this personal break he's better head wise, and so with what's left of preseason he "clicks" 
  • Bringing it back to Ronnie and football, but, having seen a fair few comments about the formation not suiting him/ lone striker role. I've had a look back at his silkeborg days and his time at mid, mitch myt the other club, where, yep, he played up top on his own in a 4231 mainly, so the whole "Adkins needs to change to accommodate him" probably isn't that easy a fix... I'll take a while stab in the dark and suggest Adkins may have tried that once or twice in training.

Still hope it'll work out for the guy and maybe after this personal break he's better head wise, and so with what's left of preseason he "clicks" 
    There's different ways to play a lone striker though - rather than just hoof it up to the target man or bombard the box with crosses for Stockley-style headers.

It all started 60 odd years ago with the deep lying centre forward, like Puskas and Don Revie.
    Or even think of the way Harry Kane played for England, mobile and dropping deep or moving wide, but usually ready to receive ball to feet, with attacking midfielders making runs into goalscoring positions.

Maybe that was the way Schwartz played at times for his teams in Denmark? Whether he's physically strong enough to play that role in League One I don't really know ..... but Ronnie is tidy with his control and passing.

Anyway, 4-2-3-1 doesn't have to mean hoofball. It can be also be played on the floor with the right players, set up and gameplan.
    Depends if its in reference to Ronnie?

Everybody has their price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Bringing it back to Ronnie and football, but, having seen a fair few comments about the formation not suiting him/ lone striker role. I've had a look back at his silkeborg days and his time at mid, mitch myt the other club, where, yep, he played up top on his own in a 4231 mainly, so the whole "Adkins needs to change to accommodate him" probably isn't that easy a fix... I'll take a while stab in the dark and suggest Adkins may have tried that once or twice in training.

There's different ways to play a lone striker though - rather than just hoof it up to the target man or bombard the box with crosses for Stockley-style headers.

It all started 60 odd years ago with the deep lying centre forward, like Puskas and Don Revie.
    Or even think of the way Harry Kane played for England, mobile and dropping deep or moving wide, but usually ready to receive ball to feet, with attacking midfielders making runs into goalscoring positions.

Maybe that was the way Schwartz played at times for his teams in Denmark? Whether he's physically strong enough to play that role in League One I don't really know ..... but Ronnie is tidy with his control and passing.

Anyway, 4-2-3-1 doesn't have to mean hoofball. It can be also be played on the floor with the right players, set up and gameplan.
    Closer to home Colin Cameron says in the Valiant 500 that Stuart Leary introduced the style to English football but Revie stole the credit for it .
  • Richard J said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Bringing it back to Ronnie and football, but, having seen a fair few comments about the formation not suiting him/ lone striker role. I've had a look back at his silkeborg days and his time at mid, mitch myt the other club, where, yep, he played up top on his own in a 4231 mainly, so the whole "Adkins needs to change to accommodate him" probably isn't that easy a fix... I'll take a while stab in the dark and suggest Adkins may have tried that once or twice in training.

Closer to home Colin Cameron says in the Valiant 500 that Stuart Leary introduced the style to English football but Revie stole the credit for it .
    Thanks, @Richard J   I didn't know that .... but then Stuart Leary was a couple of years before my time.

• In the two trial games NA has played Davison and Washington up front.
  • CHG said:
    Dizzle said:
    Ronnie got married!
    I can now understand why he wasn’t in a mad rush to get to SE7...
    Not exactly gazing lovingly into his eyes is she?
    It's like she's looking back saying "Dad, do I have to?"  ;)
  • In the two trial games NA has played Davison and Washington up front.
    He played 4-3-3 in both halves tonight with Washington out wide. I assume that was the case against Celtic too.
  • Dizzle said:
    Ronnie got married!
    Weird, very weird.

I thought he flew back to London last Friday so I'm assuming these photos are from before that......but then people usually post things almost immediately on twitter. 
  • That's Instagram
  • Might have been waiting for the photographer to get the first batch of images over them to be able to post. Also I saw on Ronnie's Instagram a few days ago a post of his view from his apartment in London so he's definitely been back since around the weekend 
  • Sadly he’s going to be behind everyone in fitness again. Can see him going back to Denmark on loan.
  • This was taken in Greenwich park, they’re looking grumpy as this was the 4th try at this shot, the previous three having been ruined by the postponed/rearranged 2020 Santa run…
  • Sponsored links:

• I just suprised this hasn't sparked 5 pages of arguments. 
  • Sadly he’s going to be behind everyone in fitness again. Can see him going back to Denmark on loan.
    Could he have had a few training sessions with a danish club? 

Even if he has only been doing fitness work on his own, he is only 90 mins of football behind (11 subs at half times for both games before I get shot down for not saying two games).

gilbey, innis and Matthew’s are yet to play so far, how much have they trained? Is Schwartz really that far behind? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I just suprised this hasn't sparked 5 pages of arguments. 
    Do you want me to start it off!

liked by Williams, Williams must be signing with us again. What a bad decision because he spent 99% of last season injured and doesn’t score enough, even though he scored more than Morgan!
    Also Bogle and Aneke liked it so they're also re-signing
  • Ronnie's posted a photo on IG of London tagging his wife, so presume they're both over here now.
  • Ronnie's posted a photo on IG of London tagging his wife, so presume they're both over here now.
    Does him tagging his wife mean she’s signing for us?

Not pegging...
  • CHG said:
    Dizzle said:
    Ronnie got married!
    I can now understand why he wasn’t in a mad rush to get to SE7...

I really like the cut of her jib.
  • There’s been enough talk about jibbing to last a lifetime!