Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should go

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I read that as 'move Purrington to CB', which actually worked really well for half an hour against Sunderland, only for Bowyer to change it and us to lose all our impetus
    Which is really strange as Bowyer never really changes things when it’s going well........
  • Options
    Keohane would be the best place to start.
  • Options
    I think gilbey needs time to settle but because of the cap, can we afford to give him time? On that basis, I would move him on.

Gilbey was Player of the Year for his old club in League One last season.

What did MK know to get the best out of him, that Bowyer doesn't?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I think gilbey needs time to settle but because of the cap, can we afford to give him time? On that basis, I would move him on.

Probably played him in his correct position!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Was also POTY Colchester, won it two years running @ MK Dons
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    You may zzzzzzzzzz but it's true.
    He's been playing on the left wing!
    Gilbey is not a left side midfielder/left winger, stop playing him there, it's so annoyingly simple.
  • Options
    I am still a Lee Bowyer fan even though his player positioning is baffling to say the least and must try the patience of every LB supporter, so who do you think
    we could do without for the second half of the season to free up the salary cap, for me they are:
    Omar Bogle. probably one of the worst players to step out at the Valley
    Ben Watson, decent player in his day but to slow and wayward passing
    Dylan Levitt, seems a decent youngster but does not fit into our style of football
    Alex Gilby, 50/50 on this one
    Erin Oztumer, I like Ozzy but we have better in Williams and Maddison
    The one player I would not let go is George Lapslie, I would Play him at CDM, with his energy and passion he would master the position in no time.
    By August, Bogle, Purrington, JFC, Williams, Pratley, Watson.  
  • Options
    If you're good at a certain discipline then let the person you recruited do what you acquired them for.
  • Options
    How has Gilbey gone from being EFL player of the month Dec 2019 and MKs player of the year for two seasons running to people thinking we need to move him on?  Something is not right.
    He's clearly not coped well since returning from injury. Hopfully the rest from his suspension will sort out some issues with that. Those who wish any player to be moved on 5 months after signing is ridiculous. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

...and the season before that, I believe.
  • Options
    Bowyer 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    How has Oztumer been getting on whilst out in loan? Really disappointed he never made it with us, was very excited when we signed him. 
    My lasting memory of him is against Hudd's away where he got roasted on a spot. At the time Hudd's were level on points and an awful winless mess. They looked champions League compared to our lot. Our defence really showed their standard that day. 
  • Options
    Rumour has it New York Red Bulls may take Omar Bogle of our hands  :)
  • Options
    The very worst thing about this cap is the way it encourages supporters to want to move on players who haven't set the world alight in three months. There's people having a go at Alfie Doughty on another thread for a lack of loyalty, and then you get posts like this looking to boot out players who have just joined us for new ones. One of them signed a three year deal! Also, if you think Bogle is one of the worst players to step out at The Valley then you are either very new or very blind. The bloke has struggled but he's tried and he's contributed to our play, particularly earlier in the season. There's a reason Chuks looks so dangerous when he comes on (7 substitute goals) and part of it is because for all he hardly looks like scoring Bogle has occupied and worn out defenders. Hopefully now we have Schwartz Bogle will slip back in the pecking order a bit but people treating our players like they're just numbers on a sheet to be chucked out if they don't perform at a top level in their first 10 games is actually really unpleasant. We've never been that club and I really hope that's not what we start to become. We've suffered so much with Roland's revolving door of loans and short-term deals, it would be nice if players actually got a chance to settle and develop.
    I have been going to the Valley since 1975 and yes Bogle is one of the worst I have seen he only tires the opposition out is with them laughing at his first touch, falling over and missing sitters!
    His first touch is no bad. He was tripped by the goalkeeper and still scored. It would have been a penalty otherwise. The sitter was a downward header from a player close by that Superman  would have had difficulty reacting to. 

Stop twisting evidence to suit your own bias . It isn't  clever 

And you think that is good enough, also I am not bias the guy is crap!!!
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Bogle and clearly he's out of his depth, but to call him one of the worst players to step out at the Valley suggests a very short memory. I'm pretty confident with a few minutes I could name 15 or 20 players (competition winners?) from the last 10 years worse than him... and then you've got Tom Hovi. 
  • Options
    Should go: Oshilaja, Oztumer, Gilbey and Bogle cos none of them are good enough, lack of use of Levitt suggests there's little point keeping him and might need space for another loanee if/when the injury blight strikes again

Shouldn't go: George Lapslie he's tons better than Levitt and Gilbey put together, his loan spell clearly done him the power of good, if we ain't getting a fee and he ain't costing that much, moving him on is the opposite of sensible - he lives in the Garden of England FFS it's not like decamping to the slums of Derbyshire is on his bucket list innit?

Probably will go:  Lapslie(!) Doughty Levitt Oztumer (but only if somebody offers him more than he's getting now) 

Any incoming fees and space made under the cap just has to be used to reinforce the centre of defense, we've got one able slow old man, one injury prone bloke of limited experience and an injury prone kid on loan who could be recalled any time in the next 3 weeks - that's already proved to be inadequate, not reinforcing this area is Duchatelet level crazy
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Levitt has gone back. Apart from the intel this morning the club officially announced it about an hour and a half ago.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Bogle and clearly he's out of his depth, but to call him one of the worst players to step out at the Valley suggests a very short memory. I'm pretty confident with a few minutes I could name 15 or 20 players (competition winners?) from the last 10 years worse than him... and then you've got Tom Hovi. 
    And Hugh McAuley!😩
  • Options
    Hovi was dreadful.  in his 2 games I think we lost 4-3 and 5-1. Probably the worst player I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt - alongside Mike Small. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hovi was dreadful.  in his 2 games I think we lost 4-3 and 5-1. Probably the worst player I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt - alongside Mike Small. 
    Hovi made a classic debut as a sub. Winning 3-1 against Derby at the Valley with about 20mins left. Lost 4-3. He was utterly shite.

Can think of a few other Tahar El Khalej, Dan Seabourne, Thuram, Juan Cobian, Omar Pouso, Tony Towner etc etc
  • Options
    People talk about Gilbey hiding and he did (does) but Cory Gibbs was the original Invisible Man right down to the bandages given the amount of time he spent in the Physio Suite  ;)
  • Options
    If it is no wonder some of the players are not giving 100%
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    At best it's out of date, at worst it's speculative.

It doesn't make clear what % of salaries we are paying annoyingly. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Though it does highlight the need to off load a couple of 36 year olds and a a 33 year old. One suspects that they are at the upper end of the pay scale.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I would take it with a pinch of salt, but it feels about right. I was told Gunter was our highest paid "new" player though, on a small amount more than Watson. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Our squad list with those salaries looks like this: (You may have to open image in a new tab on mobile)

Quite a few unknown salaries. 
  • Options
    If I was Ben Amos I would be knocking on the gaffers door. Loyal servant to the club who has bided his time to get where he is and then Maatsen bowls in on loan and lets face does fuck all and is earning more than double.