Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who should go

124»

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    If I was Ben Amos I would be knocking on the gaffers door. Loyal servant to the club who has bided his time to get where he is and then Maatsen bowls in on loan and lets face does fuck all and is earning more than double.
    How much do you think he's earning at Chelsea?

Bet its a LOT more than £8k
    Not really the point though is it, if I were Amos and some of the other players on the list I would be pissed off. Not the fault of the players, it is football in general.

To put it in context imagine working for a company for a number of years and then they introduced a new team member who is doing the same job as you (playing in the first team in this case) and you find out he is earning more than double what you earn.
    Unfortunately its how Chelsea and Man City have two of the strongest Academies in the world now because they offer wages that most teams cant / wont offer kids.

As Dazzler says; Amos coming from Man Utd will be fully aware of how it works on the grand scheme of things and am sure those who havent been at a big club academy wont be ignorant of it either.

Like you say though it doesnt make it right and is probably one of the fundamental issues within the Sport - How many kids have been happy just going out on loan from Chelsea etc. every year because they know they're getting a tidy wage from their parent club, rather than cutting ties and trying to get some stability and so create something for themselves. 
    How many of these kids at Chelsea and City make it all the way to the first team? Foden, Mount, James, Gilmour off the top of my head.

How many will have careers where they'll be continually on loan and never play for the parent club?

Piazon recently for Chelsea, been there 10 years never played in the first team and had numerous loans.
    Chelsea actually have Mount, James, Gilmour, Hudson-Odoi and Abraham. Plus Tomori who is on loan at Milan
    City have Foden, Garcia, Doyle, Palmer and Delap who have all made first team appearances. The last three named are only 18/19

As evidenced by how many of their players are out on loan they do have one hell of a big pool to pick from. In Chelsea's case though they actually went a decade with only John Terry coming through their academy - and still had the largest number of kids on loan in Europe!  
    AA, well that's blow my argument to pieces, thanks.

• Options
    Should go: Oshilaja, Smith, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Pearce, Shinnie.  Variously inadequate in ability, physicality or effort.
    And obviously the pathetic knight and the hideous Dr Moreau christmas pudding bird hybrid monstrosity
    Is the apologist Rubbershoes still on the payroll?
  • Options
    Should go: Oshilaja, Smith, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Pearce, Shinnie.  Variously inadequate in ability, physicality or effort.
    And obviously the pathetic knight and the hideous Dr Moreau christmas pudding bird hybrid monstrosity
    Has he even finished unpacking yet........ 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The modern football fan at his finest, not willing to give the man a chance. Personally I'd keep all we can until a new manager has time to work with them and figure out whether they need them.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    it’s very difficult for players who join in January think we will see his true worth next season