Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crisps (and similar snacks)

Comments

• Options

Very impressed with these babies --- very authentic flavour.

And I should know..:
    1. I once met the man who invented Quavers
    2. I did all the research which gave Walkers the green light to use Gary Lineker as their front man (Lineker owes me several drinks...)
  • Options
    Pipers Kirkby Malham Chorizo flavour are my current weapon of choice. Don't really eat much in the way of crisps anymore. Am more of a snacks person. Biltong, jerky, nuts (big shout out to the Marmite cashew nuts and KP salt and vinegar peanuts) etc.
  • Options
    Saw these advertised today.

• Options
    Saw these advertised today.

Double Crunch are my new favourite - just really really crunchy - this flavour should be great.
  • Options
    Crisp and snack combo

Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli
    McCoys Steak
    Mini Cheddars Jalapeño
    Walkers Worcester sauce
    Brannigans Beef and Mustard
    Anything sea salt and black pepper, usually own brand sexy crisps
    Tangy/spicy twiglets (only ever came out at Christmas in the tubs)
    Lime Doritos
    Mr Porky's scratchings
    Those mixed boxes of salty and cheesy shapes and pretzels that again only come out at Christmas
    Birds eye chilli coated nuts (don't try this at home)

• Options
    I’m a traditionalist I’m afraid and 9 times out 10 it’s ready salted or sea salt.

When I ate 🍖 I did like Bovril flavour, occasionally cheese and onion or salt and vinegar.

But nothing beats ready salted.
  • Options
    Yeah crisps are fucking awesome 

In fact there are loads of savoury snacks i am a complete glutton for. 

As far as crisps go, walkers prawn cocktail take some beating. Pringles are the thinking mans crisp and made to be put in a cup holder in the van and eaten easily as opposed to taking your life into your hands and trying to eat a bag of crisps on the move. I pick those two as my staples but thankfully selection is improving 

I love few things more than after a day in the sun on holiday sweating and tanning of going off piste to a kiosk and buying a 6 pack of local cold booze and a big bag of foreign flavour crisps to chomp through on the balcony while my missus blows the fuses using her hairdryer or all the lads to finish processing themselves through the shower 

I discovered the peanut flavoured wotsits that aren't wotsits this way and they serve as a meal replacement often on holiday (remember them).

For me, you simply cannot beat smiths scampi fries and bacon fries. Has to be smiths bacon fries not the cheap shitty frazzles. Poundland do a six-pack 3 of each and I'm ashamed to say these bags often don't last the 15 minute drive home from the shops. I bulk buy them now and they just beat the piss out if everything else. I accept they don't qualify as a crisp though
  • Options
    Nothing better and yet more frustrating than finding some really good crisps abroad, great but finite.

Remember some kind of cheese and ham ones in Spain that were a bit like the Walkers Bugles but much better, and then some sort of mushroom and sour cream ones in Bulgaria that were off the scale.
  • Options
    Aren't walkers and lays crisps related or was I lied to my brother again. I'm sure on a trip to Belgium he told me that lays are the same company. He comes out with so much bull I never know 
  • Options
    They must be the packets are identical, lays always taste nicer for being abroad mind 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Basically the same thing I think but Walkers is more a known name in the UK so they stuck with it.
  • Options
    Nothing better and yet more frustrating than finding some really good crisps abroad, great but finite.

Remember some kind of cheese and ham ones in Spain that were a bit like the Walkers Bugles but much better, and then some sort of mushroom and sour cream ones in Bulgaria that were off the scale.
    It was these I think.
  • Options
    Some of the lays flavours are really good and should be in UK.  So who's boss lays or walkers,?
  • Options
    Some of the lays flavours are really good and should be in UK.  So who's boss lays or walkers,?
    Owned by Pepsi. Smith's is also a division of the same brand. 
  • Options
    I do like veg crisps, just don’t get them mixed up with your pot pourri. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Wow, you lot are making me salivate and I've just finished my lunch. 
    Due to weight concerns I limit crisps to summer picnics and Christmas.
    Today, I finished the last scraps of these crisps from Brittany. You lot would love them. Goats cheese and Espelette hot peppers. Never have I eaten crisps with such an absurdly strong cheesy flavour. 
    Where do they sell these, Jimmy?
    I'm guessing in Bretagne/Brittany 
    Me too, but I meant which specific shop/supermarket, as I live in France as well!
  • Options
    Golden wonder cheese and onion.

Miss savoury vinegar by Smith's.
    Wow.  Never thought anyone else would ever mention the,m. For me the best bag there has ever been. Smiths Savoury Vinegar. 3 and a half p a bag.  I’m welling up here

• Options
    Occasionally eat chilli-flavoured crisps (like four times per year). If all crisps were banned, I wouldn't care much.
  • Options
    Got some Slabs from Ocado after a mate described them as "thick as a pound coin." Tasting them on a podcast tomorrow so may report back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One crisp I miss is Smith's Bovril flavour. Delicious but long gone. 
  • Options
    Ate 150g of these tonight to myself. F*** you Charlton 

• Options
    Hand cooked sea salt and Suffolk cider vinegar... just call them salt and vinegar ffs.
  • Options
    On holiday used to get a few bags of peanut puffs and cheesy Cheetos.  
  • Options
    Thanks to Roystons T Bone flavour I once got two 4 One on flights to New York 
  • Options
    Just re read this and it sounds like some dodgy pills.
  • Options
    Just re read this and it sounds like some dodgy pills.
    Yellow Bentines. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    James86 is up to over 100 bags of crisps since this thread started.
  • Options
    Wagon Wheels, do they still make ‘em?

And Spanish Gold tobacco.
  • Options
    Bought a six pack of Wagon Wheels for £1 this week in Sainsburys.

They're not as big as they used to be.