Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crisps (and similar snacks)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Pickled Onion Monster Munch are the Rolls Royce of crisps.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    They are really thick and the egg and chips ones do taste of egg. 
    Well they could hardly taste of chips!, that would be bonkers.
  • Options

These get harder to find every year. 
    Cue Kenneth Williams Gif
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Pedantic point:-

Only a sliced potato that has been fried can be described as a crisp (an abbreviated form of Potato Crisp).

Anything that is reconstituted, extruded or fundamentally doesn't come from a potato is a snack.

A Pringle is not a crisp, a Wotsit is not a crisp, Monster Munch are not crisps, they are snacks.

The thread should be re-titled Crisps and Snacks.
    Can I just re-post this from 2 years ago to avoid being triggered...
  • Options
    Here's a question - not that I'm thinking of acting on it I'm just intrigued. On multi-pack crisp packets there's always a message about not being for re-sale. Does this hold any legal sway? If I've bought them they're mine, how can someone else stop me from selling them on? 

• Options
    Tell you what Stig, if anyone tried to sell me a pack of one of those mutipack pi55 takes I'd probably demand a refund.
    I reckon they average about 3-4 crisps a pack!

• Options
    Stig said:
    Here's a question - not that I'm thinking of acting on it I'm just intrigued. On multi-pack crisp packets there's always a message about not being for re-sale. Does this hold any legal sway? If I've bought them they're mine, how can someone else stop me from selling them on? 

No legal sway whatsoever - it is just designed to stop retailers breaking up multipacks and selling the contents separately, because the packs sizes are (typically) smaller than the standard bag sizes. It's in part about maintaining price discipline in the market, and in part about protecting consumers from being charged a standard bag price for a smaller bag.

You will see the same on soft drinks cans and many other products.
  • Options
    Stig said:

http://tradingstandardsblog.co.uk/splitting-multipacks-and-selling-items-separately#:~:text=We regularly receive complaints from,be labelled and priced correctly.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Nothing will ever come close to Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard. I miss them.

Premier convenience stores do a great selection of rare £1 bags. Well worth a visit.
  • Options
    Two weeks ago I was in Tesco and  they had a few Christmas related food items reduced.

I didn’t buy them, but they had Christmas Pudding flavored Crisps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need an 'ugh' button for that.
  • Options
    Two weeks ago I was in Tesco and  they had a few Christmas related food items reduced.

Aldi are currently selling Yorkshire Pudding beer 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Scampi Fries - they remind me of a bird from Erith I once fingered round the back of T's. 
    Did you lick your fingers after?
    I was once feathered then beaked by a bird but it was in Streatham so doesn't count
  • Options
    I was in the Royston in Broadstairs recently. They had a rhubarb and custard beer, had a mouthful seemed ok and then the rhubarb and custard flavour hit, horrible.
  • Options

I did buy them. They did mince pie crisps a few years ago, which were horrible. But the Christmas pudding ones were surprisingly pleasant, I'd happily have those again
  • Options
    My new working from home thing is smashing through a sharing bag of crisps to myself most afternoons.

I reckon I have done so many bags of Onion Rings the last 12 months my fingers are permanently stained orange .... not to mention my keyboard.
    And not to mention your piece!