Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    I wonder if barker has played against hanlan and so knows his game. If this is the case I’d start barker. 
    Hanlan is 6 years older than Barker so probably not 
    Ah ok, fair enough. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Hmmm he had got him self in a bit of a tricky situation here. 

He has almost got to start the team that started the second half on Tuesday, with either Barker or Matthews coming in for Pearce. 

But he can't because he had to leave Chuks and Williams on too long and Schwartz probably isn't ready to start.

If he starts two of Washington, Bogle or Smyth they will know that at least one of them is coming off at half time unless we are winning.  That's not ideal. 

I *think* the team he will start will be:

Amos 
    Matthews|Gunter|Oshilaja|Maatsen
    Smyth|Gilbey|JFC|Morgan
    Washington|Millar

Wether that's a 442 or the same 433 we saw against Accrington.   Then it will probably be 3 or 4 changes in personal and a change in formation for Peterborough.

This could be anything from a hammering to us hammering them. 
    Or, and I am not suggesting this, drop Gilbey and play Smyth, JFC, Morgan and Maatsen in midfield with Purrington at left back. I think that would give a better balance.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Hmmm he had got him self in a bit of a tricky situation here. 

He has almost got to start the team that started the second half on Tuesday, with either Barker or Matthews coming in for Pearce. 

But he can't because he had to leave Chuks and Williams on too long and Schwartz probably isn't ready to start.

If he starts two of Washington, Bogle or Smyth they will know that at least one of them is coming off at half time unless we are winning.  That's not ideal. 

I *think* the team he will start will be:

Amos 
    Matthews|Gunter|Oshilaja|Maatsen
    Smyth|Gilbey|JFC|Morgan
    Washington|Millar

Wether that's a 442 or the same 433 we saw against Accrington.   Then it will probably be 3 or 4 changes in personal and a change in formation for Peterborough.

This could be anything from a hammering to us hammering them. 
    Or, and I am not suggesting this, drop Gilbey and play Smyth, JFC, Morgan and Maatsen in midfield with Purrington at left back. I think that would give a better balance.
    Although the issue is trying to second-guess Bowyer's starting team, rather than to pick the line up we'd like to see personally.

• Options
    Amos
    Matthews, Gunter, Oshilaja, Maatsen
    JFC, Morgan
    Williams
    Washington, Schwartz, Millar

Can only see it being this line up, he won’t start Aneke again after 90 minutes midweek, he probably doesn’t want to start Williams but I don’t think he’s ready to throw Gilbey back on after some poor performances.  

Get your pennies on goals in this one, Bristol rovers would be mad to not have a go, and we know we will struggle defensively, but at the same time I think we will definitely score, enough character to win it, maybe, just maybe.

2-2 Washington, Schwartz.
  • Options
    Probably the first time we can say that Bowyer can't really tinker with the team as he's now run out of options with all the injuries & suspensions. He's already gone on record saying that Gunter will play centre half so I assume (which I know is dangerous where LB is concerned) Matthews will play at right back. Probably only real change I'd make is Morgan in for Gilbey and as we know Aneke wont be able to play much after 90 mins on Tues then I expect Washington to start instead.

As there can be no excuses or slip ups from either manager or team I'm pushing the boat out & saying a win at last.

0-2.

• Options
    1-1 or 2-2 draw. Can’t see us winning this one or keeping a clean sheet. For the first time this season, I can’t face watching the live stream as the recent games have been soooooooooooo infuriating. Maybe me not watching will change the outcome in our favour? I’ll take anything right now for 3 points.
  • Options
    If Gilbey starts there must be a clause he plays if fit in his contract. So disappointed given the fanfare he arrived under. I don’t feel he has brought anything to the team yet.

Please start the best team, don’t wait to go a goal or two down  then bring on the ‘best players’ 

on current form we will be lucky to get a draw. 

What looked a promising season, had derailed pretty quickly and now we look to be struggling for a play-off place. 
  • Options
    Probably the first time we can say that Bowyer can't really tinker with the team as he's now run out of options with all the injuries & suspensions. He's already gone on record saying that Gunter will play centre half so I assume (which I know is dangerous where LB is concerned) Matthews will play at right back. Probably only real change I'd make is Morgan in for Gilbey and as we know Aneke wont be able to play much after 90 mins on Tues then I expect Washington to start instead.

As there can be no excuses or slip ups from either manager or team I'm pushing the boat out & saying a win at last.

0-2.

No excuses but no options. 
    A bit of a contradiction there.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I predict that if there is a win the true believers will see it as a vindication and come on here looking for heretics to burn. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m over my mid-week sulk. Fancy Rocket Ronnie and Chuks Away are going to get on the scoresheet tomorrow. The question is, can we stop leaking goals? Let’s hope so
  • Options
    Until the missing centre halves return our misery is only going to increase. We may be top scorers in this league but our defending as a team is woeful. 2-0 to the Pirates.
  • Options
    Until the missing centre halves return our misery is only going to increase. We may be top scorers in this league but our defending as a team is woeful. 2-0 to the Pirates.
    Top scorers but lose 2-0. Bit of a contradiction there.
  • Options
    We have a wide open barn door down the middle where our central defenders and defensive midfielders should be. The only way to get a result is by scoring many goals with our semi-fit strike force.  A bridge too far this time. 3-2 to Rovers
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    We have a wide open barn door down the middle where our central defenders and defensive midfielders should be. The only way to get a result is by scoring many goals with our semi-fit strike force.  A bridge too far this time. 3-2 to Rovers
    I think FC and Morgan are a good pairing and that the barn door is at best ajar. 1-2 Charlton.
  • Options
    I've no idea what team Lee will put out, as for whatever reasons it's not a question of "that's our best 11, same again lads".

Hard to see beyond another 2-2
  • Options
    1-3 The Addicks come good and win from a goal down. COYR!!
  • Options
    Don’t we have had a 3-3 so here we are...
    Washington
    Millar
    Schwarz

Cmon U Addicks...👍
  • Options
    I've no idea what team Lee will put out, as for whatever reasons it's not a question of "that's our best 11, same again lads".

Hard to see beyond another 2-2
    Would love that! 
    Need to hold on until we have players back.
  • Options
    3-2 victory. Another 2 goals conceded but ronnie bags a couple to pull us through. No idea who gets the other goal 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To paraphrase Michael Owen, whichever team scores more goals will win
  • Options
    If Gilbey starts there must be a clause he plays if fit in his contract. So disappointed given the fanfare he arrived under. I don’t feel he has brought anything to the team yet.

Please start the best team, don’t wait to go a goal or two down  then bring on the ‘best players’ 

on current form we will be lucky to get a draw. 

What looked a promising season, had derailed pretty quickly and now we look to be struggling for a play-off place. 
    We messed up our games in hand, no reason why a couple of the current top 6 won’t mess up. Once the top 8 have all played similar amount of games, I think it’ll be tight on points as it was last season in this league. 
  • Options
    As Curbs said on Tuesday we need a good start, every game recently we end up playing catchup by half time.

• Options
    Anything could happen and probably will.
  • Options
    its very simple:

amos

purrington
    gunter
    oshala
    matthews

maarsen
    jfc
    williams
    millar

aneke
    schwarz

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    its very simple:

amos

purrington
    gunter
    oshala
    matthews

maarsen
    jfc
    williams
    millar

aneke
    schwarz

Thank you 🙏 Never thought we would agree!
  • Options
    As Curbs said on Tuesday we need a good start, every game recently we end up playing catchup by half time.

That one starts with the boss. C'mon Lee get it right!
  • Options
    2-4 Addicks win

Millar
    Aneke (2)
    Schwarz
  • Options
    Rovers 0, Brazilian mutated Charlton 3
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    its very simple:

amos

purrington