Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• Options
    Obviously the CB pairing is not what you want, but it should be solid enough. If this side can't put together a decent performance then we've got no chance this year. 
  • Options
    45 minutes for Aneke 
    Followed by
    45 minutes for the Dutch master. 
    Maatsen? 
    No .
    I F@%#$d up.

I meant Danish.

I think I got away with it,please don't tell anyone. 
    Haha I was going to correct you but then I realised Maatsen was Dutch so couldnt resist the comment :) 
  • Options
    Only negative with the team is you could argue its been forced upon Bowyer.... He could of course play Bogle for Aneke and Gilbey for Williams but think on the large part he's gone for that team as their performances (Bogle / Gilbey) have given him no other choice 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I wonder what Bowyer's surprise 'square peg in a round hole' will be today?

Bogle in attacking midfield, playing the '10' role. :wink:

Actually, I remember when Curbs converted Jason Euell to that role with good effect - and goals!

Like Chuks, Bogle isn't a natural "number 9" despite what they physically look like.

The big difference is Chuks is a very good League 1 number 9, despite being an even better 10.
    Yeah ..... there's bits of Bogle's game which are decent. He's mobile, can run with the ball and lay off.
    What he can't seem to do at the moment is handle the pressure, whether it's the weight of fans expectations or just in his own head. 

Instead of leading the line, play him in the 'hole' or as a '10'.
    He'd invariably be moving towards the ball and arriving late unmarked in the box, rather than trying to play with his back to goal or waiting in the box for the cross under pressure.

It worked with Jason Euell. I know, I'm daft. :smile:

• Options

• Options
    Glad Chucks starts. I know it's a risk but not playing him leaves us so weak up front so got to take that risk. Happy with the line up. must admit I was hoping to see either Shinnie or Famewo on the bench or at least one of them. COYRs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Only negative with the team is you could argue its been forced upon Bowyer.... He could of course play Bogle for Aneke and Gilbey for Williams but think on the large part he's gone for that team as their performances (Bogle / Gilbey) have given him no other choice 
    If this team, and formation, perform again it will be interesting to see how he lines up when players come back in. Obviously Innis and Famewo in at CB, but how do you fit Shinnie, Pratley and Watson in.

Another performance from JFC and I think he will be undropable. Shinnie has to play for me, but he probably does not have Morgans energy, and not sure he can play on the right hand side as well as Williams. Will be interesting, and the sort of dilemma Bows wants. 

Watch us put in another turgid 90 minutes now anyway. 
  • Options
    Notice that Koiki on the bench is the Left Back we had on trial 
  • Options
    He could have played Purrington and moved Maatsen into midfield. I would like to think that the team selected played their way into the team and deserve their places on merit.
  • Options
    I quite like the team (provided we line up in appropriate positions!). Really need JFC to have a big match or our midfield will be vulnerable to being overrun. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    He could have played Purrington and moved Maatsen into midfield. I would like to think that the team selected played their way into the team and deserve their places on merit.
    Thats something Id quite like to see actually 
  • Options
    45 minutes for Aneke 
    Followed by
    45 minutes for the Dutch master. 
    Maatsen? 
    No .
    I F@%#$d up.

I meant Danish.

I think I got away with it,please don't tell anyone. 
    We all spotted it mate, but we knew what you meant.
  • Options
    Eyes on Brandon Hanlan... Will everyone be calling him to re-sign after he nabs a brace and we win 5-2
  • Options
    Gilbey and Bogle are not starting which means we send a very good chance of winning this
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Eyes on Brandon Hanlan... Will everyone be calling him to re-sign after he nabs a brace and we win 5-2
    Havent a clue what you may be insinuating!!

But I'll take another five goals against this lot :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

I really want Rovers to bring on their sub keeper Van Stappershoef :)
  • Options
    Thank goodness - no Gilbey 👏🏻
    Not even on the subs bench.

He's been a good player before joining us. Would be interesting to know why he can't produce that form for us.  
  • Options

He's been a good player before joining us. Would be interesting to know why he can't produce that form for us.  
    He is on the subs bench. 
  • Options

Hate to spoil the party but he is on the bench.
  • Options
    I would like to have seen Schwartz starting but probably too much after Tuesday.
  • Options
    Can't believe Matthew Upson is still playing
  • Options

He is on the subs bench. 
    Whoops. Thanks for pointing out! (Retires red-faced back to the Valley Pass coverage) :-
  • Options

Ask his mate Mr Watt :wink:
  • Options
    Good news , like that team (with what we have available) so I’m gonna guarantee we won’t lose .

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Can't believe Matthew Upson is still playing
    Not to mention Chris Day in Goal
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!