Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• Chuks is such a hero
  • edited January 2021
    stonemuse said:
    Good Chuks interview
    Wonder who the two were doing FK training behind him...

Forster-Caskey and Morgan perhaps? 
  • Worried the midfield is going to be too lightweight but don't have much else choice.
  • Worried the midfield is going to be too lightweight but don't have much else choice.
    Agreed. Gilbey is a bit more physical but just isn't playing well enough to be picked. 
  • edited January 2021
    442, 4231 or 433? 

Happy with any of those but think the 433 would suit that selection more. JFC as the deeper midfielder.
  • What did Chuks say, I missed it. 
  • Be intresting if we do play 4231, as its like for like that played 442, quite well, 4 days ago. 
  • Id never have thought that Steve Brown and Scott Minto were in the same youth team!! 
    I think they're both in the back of the Valiant 500 as youth players.
  • KettsJohn said:
    Glad Chucks starts. I know it's a risk but not playing him leaves us so weak up front so got to take that risk. Happy with the line up. must admit I was hoping to see either Shinnie or Famewo on the bench or at least one of them. COYRs
    Bow did say a couple of days ago that while both Shinnie and Famewo are now running, today's game has come around too early for them.
    But he did hint that they are hoping to get Shinnie involved for next Tuesday's game.

• Sponsored links:

Staying humble.
  • Morgan needs to start with the same intensity he does as when he comes off the bench. I always feel when he starts games he's just holding back a bit and his game is much better when he's really pressuring the opposition. 
    Talked about how he's worked with the medical team to get to the point where he's been able to play 90mins 
  • edited January 2021
    colthe3rd said:
    Morgan needs to start with the same intensity he does as when he comes off the bench. I always feel when he starts games he's just holding back a bit and his game is much better when he's really pressuring the opposition. 
    I don't think he is the only one
  • ross1 said:

I really want Rovers to bring on their sub keeper Van Stappershoef :)
    Van Stapperschoef ?  That translates For Stopper Shot.

That's Dutch for goalkeeper. :smile:

• Here come the two sides at the Memorial Stadium... UP THE ADDIIIICKS! #cafc
  • Can’t really argue too much with the starting 11, let’s just hope for no injuries or experiMental substitutions....
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Morgan needs to start with the same intensity he does as when he comes off the bench. I always feel when he starts games he's just holding back a bit and his game is much better when he's really pressuring the opposition. 
    I don't think he is the only one
    Very true but I really noticed it on Tuesday. 
  • Thank goodness - no Gilbey 👏🏻
    Not even on the subs bench.

He's been a good player before joining us. Would be interesting to know why he can't produce that form for us.  
    Still not fully recovered from achilles tendon injury.

• Sponsored links:

• Good to see an attacking side, I thought Bowyer would stick with it, just taken him time to accept we don’t have the players available to sit back and keep it tight.

That 11 could easily be a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or a diamond.

Seeing the players on the pitch it looks like 4-4-2 with Williams right and Millar left.
  • Brownie is the most knowledgeable pundit we've had, I think he's closer to current football than Curbs 
  • Surprised it’s going ahead, really boggy in West London?

Has it not been raining in Bristol?
    It usually is.

• Thankfully Rovers dont look the tallest of teams themselves 
    1. 1'

Post update

Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 1'

Post update

Foul by Brandon Hanlan (Bristol Rovers).

1. 1'

Post update

Jonah Ayunga (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 1'

Post update

Foul by Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic).

• Terrible atmosphere
  • 2' | A low cross from asks questions of the Charlton defence, but as the ball pinballs around the area it's doesn't quite sit for anyone in blue and white to launch an effort on goal. #BRFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • edited January 2021
    Gunter and Oshilaja seem to be swapping sides at times in defence

Strange given Deji was on the left of CB on Tuesday 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!