Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Just sitting in "recovery" room in eltham,. Very quick very well organised, very impressed.
    Recovery room? 

Our NHS Kernow can't afford them down here.

You get the jab, put your coat back on and hustled straight out of the back door into the teeth of a bitter East wind.
    We'm tough down here booy.  :smile:

Recovery room ? Well that was their words, basically some old NHS waiting room with chairs spread out 2 metres apart & every time somebody leaves a guy goes & gives the chair a good seeing to (bacterial wipe). We didn't get tea & cake !!!  :D  Once I'd had the jab & put my jacket back on they stuck a label on me with a time & said go to the recovery room as you need to wait for 15 minutes. I didn't (& should have) ask why, I assume some people must have an immediate reaction but I've not heard any report of this. Oh & we're not all namby pamby's in South East London, as all the staff came to the door to wish us a safe journey home I noticed a slight chill in the air but I didn't even turn my collar up. Bitter east wind ha !
  • Options
    I see quite a few on here have had the Pfizer vaccine. Is there still objections from Pfizer when it comes to the amount of time the 2nd jab is administered? They were saying 21 days but the government are looking at 12 weeks, same as the Oxford one. 

No idea but I had Pfizer jab today & the nurse said you'll get the second jab in three months. I'm sure that the government know more about this than the scientists who created the vaccine.
  • Options
    Dad and his wife getting theirs down in St Teath next week. 65 and 63 respectively so good to see it all happening efficiently in the more remote rural places as well.
  • Options
    We had the AZ jab last week but when my wife went they were also administering the Pfizer jab, no choice just luck of the draw. 

The appointments were running a bit late because a batch of Pfizer vials were delivered unexpectedly and the seating in the centre had to be arranged for the required 15 minute time out for people who had been given that particular vaccine. Apologies were made for the late running, no dramas as everybody was being processed efficiently and were just glad to be getting their jab.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Just sitting in "recovery" room in eltham,. Very quick very well organised, very impressed.
    Recovery room? 

You get the jab, put your coat back on and hustled straight out of the back door into the teeth of a bitter East wind.

It's not a recovery room.

The Eltham set up is really good. After you are vaccinated you are asked to wait 15 minutes to check for any reactions. They stick a label on you with the time you can leave.

You go to a room with seats that are spaced out to keep you 2 metres apart.

One of the helpers monitors everyone and shows you to the exit at the appropriate time. 
  • Options
    Had my first AZ jab today, all fine here!
    Spoke too soon!
    Sunday couldn't lift my arm and was very tender and then Monday morning felt as sick as a dog, all fine by monday evening though!
  • Options
    Had my first AZ jab today, all fine here!
    Spoke too soon!
    Sunday couldn't lift my arm and was very tender and then Monday morning felt as sick as a dog, all fine by monday evening though!
    How did you manage to sneak that one?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Recovery room? 

The Eltham set up is really good. After you are vaccinated you are asked to wait 15 minutes to check for any reactions. They stick a label on you with the time you can leave.

One of the helpers monitors everyone and shows you to the exit at the appropriate time. 
    Yup already explained all of that 

7:23PM edited 7:30PM
    Oggy Red said:
    Recovery room ? Well that was their words, basically some old NHS waiting room with chairs spread out 2 metres apart & every time somebody leaves a guy goes & gives the chair a good seeing to (bacterial wipe). We didn't get tea & cake !!!  D  Once I'd had the jab & put my jacket back on they stuck a label on me with a time & said go to the recovery room as you need to wait for 15 minutes. I didn't (& should have) ask why, I assume some people must have an immediate reaction but I've not heard any report of this. Oh & we're not all namby pamby's in South East London, as all the staff came to the door to wish us a safe journey home I noticed a slight chill in the air but I didn't even turn my collar up. Bitter east wind ha !
  • Options
    My husband had his jab today - Pfizer.

Pfizer? I heard they'd mixed up the vaccine with their little blue pill.

You could be in for a surprise! :smile:

• Options
    It's starting to feel like most people on CL have been vaccinated (I haven't).

I think CAST should do a poll.
     Perhaps @bertpalmer is thinking of doing a survey? :smile:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Recovery room? 

Swisdom said:
    I had mine on Wednesday evening.  I'm 44 but a type 2 diabetic so higher risk.

Lots of people don't bother turning up and they have to throw the unused vaccines away.  I was fortunate that I knew someone there who said there were likely to be a few left over that evening so I went along at 8 and got jabbed.

I felt progressively worse yesterday and the afternoon was a bit of a write-off but pretty much back to normal now.

Immaculately well organised and run though I am staggered at the amount of people not bothering to attend.  There really are some strange folk out there aren't there
    This is supposed to happen everywhere. They are supposed to monitor you for 15 mins before releasing you. This is why the drive through concept hasn't been used in the UK as it goes against the safety protocol.
  • Options
    Drive through vaccination centres are being used in this country, there is one in St Albans which my freind attended.    
  • Options
    The protocol after having a vaccine is to remain under observation for 15 minutes. 
  • Options
    The protocol after having a vaccine is to remain under observation for 15 minutes. 
    Isn’t that only Pfizer? I was out right away after the AZ.
  • Options
    All vaccines have the potential to elicit an adverse reaction from mild to death so the protocols should and do include a period of observation.
  • Options
    All vaccines have the potential to elicit an adverse reaction from mild to death so the protocols should and do include a period of observation.
    I was asked if I was driving ... as I wasn’t, they told me I was free to go immediately 
  • Options
    Same here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The protocol in dear old Cornwall was to say, "Ged on, then" ...... and show you the door.

None of this namby pamby pandering that you softy Londoners are getting. :smile:

• Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    Good, it was handled correctly by my vaccine centre, 15 mins not required for AZ
  • Options
    I was told to wait in my car for 15 minutes after my AZ jab
  • Options
    I was told to wait in my car for 15 minutes after my AZ jab

Same
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    My husband had his jab today - Pfizer.

Pfizer? I heard they'd mixed up the vaccine with their little blue pill.

You could be in for a surprise! :smile:

You mean you get a really stiff arm?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    We had the AZ jab last week but when my wife went they were also administering the Pfizer jab, no choice just luck of the draw. 

The appointments were running a bit late because a batch of Pfizer vials were delivered unexpectedly and the seating in the centre had to be arranged for the required 15 minute time out for people who had been given that particular vaccine. Apologies were made for the late running, no dramas as everybody was being processed efficiently and were just glad to be getting their jab.
    Glad you were treated with the respect you deserve mate.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    It's starting to feel like most people on CL have been vaccinated (I haven't).

I think CAST should do a poll.
     Perhaps @bertpalmer is thinking of doing a survey? :smile:

like for yes lol for no,thats an easy one its when there are 3 options the problems come,since they nicked my flag and deleted my survey without any explanation,outrageous!!!!
  • Options
    We received some unexpected news this morning. My wife & daughter own and run a pre-school nursery and the governing body have announced that nursery owners, managers and staff have now been classed as care workers and can apply to be vaccinated. As I work at the nursery a couple of days a week carrying out service and maintenance it seems I could apply too.

We both logged on this morning and booked our first jabs for tomorrow and our second jabs in May.

Happy days.   
    Well that never went as expected.

We arrived at the vaccination center in good time for our 1pm appointments in case there was a delay and sure enough there were at least 20-30 people standing outside in the cold waiting to go in. The security guard by the entrance looked flustered and we heard the word "nursery" mentioned a few times following which a lot of people stepped out the line and walked away so we soon found ourselves at the door. A quick nod from the guard saw us step inside and join the line ready for registration.

At that point a member of the NHS team stormed our way making a beeline for the poor guard and shouted at him "I have told you, no more nursery workers are to be allowed in" So when the guard went outside to break the news we pulled this women and asked what was going on and she explained that the email we all received yesterday inviting us to book an appointment had been sent in error and should not have been released.

The only nursery staff being jabbed at the moment are those employed by local authorities connected to the care system, the private sector have been excluded and will be re-called in due course.  

The laughable thing is our daughter and a couple of our staff members went to a different center and sailed straight through without a question being asked apart from which arm and roll your sleeve up.

Oh well, back to waiting for the private sector call up or my age group.