Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Pfizer yesterday, 5k run this morning, feeling a bit fluey in the head. Anyone else experienced this?
  • Options
    My daughter - age 23 - had her first jab yesterday evening - she feels awful this morning - she had the Oxford vaccine - says she keeps getting hot, then cold, shivers, bad headache
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Gastric issues is one of the less well known Covid symptoms, so it might be to rule out him having had Covid but not realising.
    I doubt this. Although diarrhoea is a symptom so are multiple others. Some people literally have no symptoms whatsoever. It would seem a pointless question to ask randomly and in isolation.

Researchers want the government to add fatigue, headache, sore throat and diarrhoea to the existing three symptoms which trigger a Covid test.

Currently, anyone with a cough, fever or loss of smell or taste qualifies.

Testing for these additional symptoms could pick up 40% more cases, King's College London and the Zoe Symptom Study app have suggested.

However, this would mean many more people who don't have the virus being tested.

A Department of Health and Social Care spokesperson said: "An expert scientific group keeps the symptoms of Covid-19 under review.

"The main symptoms have been carefully selected to capture those most likely to have Covid-19, while not capturing a great number of people who do not."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/help-56096264

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Mr. Happy said:
    Got a text from my gp surgery yesterday and followed the link to book an appointment which I attended this morning. AZ vaccine. I'm 39 and in the clinically vulnerable category.

From joining the queue (and I was slightly early) to leaving the centre took less than 10 minutes. Really easy and well organised. 
    Shouldn’t you have waited 15 minutes before leaving 😂
     I think because it was the AZ and I wasn't driving that wasn't necessary. Certainly nobody asked me to wait.

Side effect wise, got the jab at 9:10am yesterday, was feeling pretty ropey last night and then woke up feeling like death at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep for hours. Apparently woke up my fiance and began telling her I'd seen seen two people burning a body at a wedding... 

Feel fine absolutely fine now though. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Was it a threesome, you, the girlfriend and a vegan?
    I guess that's why he's Mr Happy
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Was it a threesome, you, the girlfriend and a vegan?
    Ha, sadly not. Although she is vegan so it's possible I was seeing double. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My daughter - age 23 - had her first jab yesterday evening - she feels awful this morning - she had the Oxford vaccine - says she keeps getting hot, then cold, shivers, bad headache
    Absolutely tallies with what I had last week as side effects from the Oxford vaccine. Was really rough for 24 hours . 
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    Mr. Happy said:
    Got a text from my gp surgery yesterday and followed the link to book an appointment which I attended this morning. AZ vaccine. I'm 39 and in the clinically vulnerable category.

From joining the queue (and I was slightly early) to leaving the centre took less than 10 minutes. Really easy and well organised. 
    Shouldn’t you have waited 15 minutes before leaving 😂
     I think because it was the AZ and I wasn't driving that wasn't necessary. Certainly nobody asked me to wait.

Side effect wise, got the jab at 9:10am yesterday, was feeling pretty ropey last night and then woke up feeling like death at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep for hours. Apparently woke up my fiance and began telling her I'd seen seen two people burning a body at a wedding... 

Feel fine absolutely fine now though. 

Interesting weddings you go to! What happens at funerals? 
  • Options
    Had the Pfizer jab this morning, I'll update on any side effects (or not) later in the week.
  • Options
    Pfizer yesterday, 5k run this morning, feeling a bit fluey in the head. Anyone else experienced this?
    I had the Pfizer jab last week.
    A 5k run is definitely not a symptom I have suffered from.
    Glad to hear, hopefully that symptom will pass pretty quickly
  • Options

Had Pfizer friday 5pm, about 10/11 pm had a bit of a "fuzzy" head, not quite a headache but getting there. Got up at 9am & felt dizzy went back to bed slept until 2 pm, got up feeling fine  :smiley:
  • Options
    She has finally appeared downstairs - looks unwell, but says she feels better

Said she also suffered from horrible nightmares - anyone else suffered from that ?

In case your wondering why a 23 year old - no underlying health issues - got vaccinated, she works with disabled children who have no concept of COVID - my daughter regularly gets bitten, spat at, kicked, punched etc, and she also has to change nappies of 12 / 13 year olds, so her work is considered higher risk
    Been having nightmares recently, more so after the Pfizer vaccination. 
    I put it it down to a change in my medication, just started taking Mirtazapine.

Other than that no side affects at all.
  • Options

Said she also suffered from horrible nightmares - anyone else suffered from that ?

In case your wondering why a 23 year old - no underlying health issues - got vaccinated, she works with disabled children who have no concept of COVID - my daughter regularly gets bitten, spat at, kicked, punched etc, and she also has to change nappies of 12 / 13 year olds, so her work is considered higher risk
    Had a nightmare on Friday night, and just weird dreams on Saturday and Sunday nights.

I hadn't put it down to the AZ jab on Friday but what you say now makes some sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had jab three weeks ago now but night before last I dreamt I was a special advisor to Boris Johnson. 
  • Options

Been having nightmares recently, more so after the Pfizer vaccination. 
    I put it it down to a change in my medication, just started taking Mirtazapine.

Other than that no side affects at all.
    I took Mirtazapine briefly (before changing for a different med) and had very colourful dreams. Not usually of events but swirls and bubbles of colour. The minute my meds were changed it stopped.
  • Options
    HexHex
    edited February 2021
    Mclive said:
    aliwibble said:
    Gastric issues is one of the less well known Covid symptoms, so it might be to rule out him having had Covid but not realising.
    I doubt this. Although diarrhoea is a symptom so are multiple others. Some people literally have no symptoms whatsoever. It would seem a pointless question to ask randomly and in isolation.

Researchers want the government to add fatigue, headache, sore throat and diarrhoea to the existing three symptoms which trigger a Covid test.

Testing for these additional symptoms could pick up 40% more cases, King's College London and the Zoe Symptom Study app have suggested.

However, this would mean many more people who don't have the virus being tested.

A Department of Health and Social Care spokesperson said: "An expert scientific group keeps the symptoms of Covid-19 under review.

"The main symptoms have been carefully selected to capture those most likely to have Covid-19, while not capturing a great number of people who do not."

I agree with this.  For whatever reason the government are limiting the number of tests requested by limiting the symptom list.

my mum’s symptoms didn’t tick the boxes for several days.  We were lucky that the careers had a supply on-site.

Having carried out the test Mrs Hex subsequently developed symptoms but crucially not the three required to request a test.  She lied and said her very occasional cough was continuos.  The test was positive.  She was also able to get a test for me despite me not having symptoms.  My test was negative.

As our 2nd successive self-isolation came to an end I developed some similar symptoms to Mrs Hex but not the crucial three.  Luckily the Zoe app offers you a test for a much wider range of symptoms so I placed my order and hope to get the results tomorrow or Friday.

Incidentally, today the Zoe app as a survey on its front page, one of the questions asks if you would like an antibody test so if you have experienced what you thought was Covid but didn’t get a test to be sure, this may answer the question.

Sadly, my mum succumbed to Covid yesterday.   RIP Mum.
  • Options
    Apologies, for mentioning it again, but I've always found it a bit peculiar that a cough was the number 1 symptom.
    I swear I haven't heard one person cough in the last 12 months.
  • Options
    Had jab three weeks ago now but night before last I dreamt I was a special advisor to Boris Johnson. 
    I wish you were!
  • Options
    I wish you were!
    Wait, what isn't he?
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Mclive said:
    aliwibble said:

I agree with this.  For whatever reason the government are limiting the number of tests requested by limiting the symptom list.

my mum’s symptoms didn’t tick the boxes for several days.  We were lucky that the careers had a supply on-site.

Having carried out the test Mrs Hex subsequently developed symptoms but crucially not the three required to request a test.  She lied and said her very occasional cough was continuos.  The test was positive.  She was also able to get a test for me despite me not having symptoms.  My test was negative.

As our 2nd successive self-isolation came to an end I developed some similar symptoms to Mrs Hex but not the crucial three.  Luckily the Zoe app offers you a test for a much wider range of symptoms so I placed my order and hope to get the results tomorrow or Friday.

Incidentally, today the Zoe app as a survey on its front page, one of the questions asks if you would like an antibody test so if you have experienced what you thought was Covid but didn’t get a test to be sure, this may answer the question.

Sadly, my mum succumbed to Covid yesterday.   RIP Mum.
    I'm very sorry to hear your sad news @Hex . My condolences to you and your family.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Sorry for your loss Hex. RIP mum.
  • Options
    Sorry to read that @Hex