Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options

How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination

The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.

The vaccine is being offered at larger vaccination centres, pharmacies and some local NHS services such as hospitals or GP surgeries.

More people are being offered the vaccine every week.

Information:

Book now if you're eligible

You do not need to wait to be contacted if any of the following apply:

• you are aged 65 and over
    • you have previously received a letter saying you are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
    • you are an eligible frontline health worker
    • you are an eligible frontline social care worker

You can book appointments at a larger vaccination centre or a pharmacy that provides COVID-19 vaccinations.

Book your coronavirus vaccination appointments online

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/how-you-will-be-contacted/

• Options
    Bilko said:
    I’m 58 and live in Erith and I had mine 10 days ago.
    @Bilko, what surgery are you with, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    I’m 58 and live in Erith and I had mine 10 days ago.
    @Bilko, what surgery are you with, if you don't mind me asking?
    Erith Heath Centre, Riverside Surgery.
  • Options
    Had mine along with MRS UB, fantastic system at my local GP, bloody heroes everyone of them!
  • Options
    I'm a bit pissed off at this seemingly post code lottery. I am 60 in 4 weeks and not heard a thing. Not allowed to contact anyone but hearing fit people in their 40s being done as spare vaccine at certain surgeries.

Nonsense. 
  • Options
    I'm a bit pissed off at this seemingly post code lottery. I am 60 in 4 weeks and not heard a thing. Not allowed to contact anyone but hearing fit people in their 40s being done as spare vaccine at certain surgeries.

Nonsense. 
    Would you prefer the spare vaccines to be binned?
    Every surgery should know how many people who they service are under 60 for example. Why are they getting more vaccine than working down to category 8 on the list whilst people living a mile away in categories 5,6 and 7 be left hanging. As I understand it, it is not difficult to store the AZ vaccine unlike Pfizer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nonsense. 
    Every surgery should know how many people who they service are under 60 for example. Why are they getting more vaccine than working down to category 8 on the list whilst people living a mile away in categories 5,6 and 7 be left hanging. As I understand it, it is not difficult to store the AZ vaccine unlike Pfizer. 
    The one thing this country has unequivocally got right, and people still whinge about it. 
    Well done NHS. Using available infrastructure and staff, alongside volunteers and a little help from the army, has done the trick. Little need for outsourcing. 
  • Options
    Apologies, for mentioning it again, but I've always found it a bit peculiar that a cough was the number 1 symptom.
    I swear I haven't heard one person cough in the last 12 months.

Interesting thought ?
    How many people on here have had the flu or even the common cold( which has no cure) this winter ?
    In my working life I was always ill in February, mainly from working too many hours over the cold wet winter, traveling to work on packed trained, in crowded bars and going from cold outside to people in your face within coughing and sneezing  distance inside. Plus going to Charlton matches, being a football coach for mid week training and either a dad or manager on a Sunday when so many days it's was freezing or pouring down.

Unless my wife catches a cold, or flu germs from her little kids at school I should be fine.

In a massive hub on Wednesday having the vaccine and I didn't hear anyone cough or sneeze. Maybe the masks do help and emulating Greta Garbo !

This. For all the same reasons I was always picking up colds. And Feb tended to be the fulcrum. The past 12 months have been my healthiest for as long as I can remember. I'm hoping that working from home and no more coaching will help it continue. Not sure I can master ze accent for Greta though..
  • Options

Nonsense. 
    They are on group 5 at the moment and you are in group 8! So whilst fully understanding your frustrations I don’t know what you would expect to be hearing from your GP? They would only get in touch when they get to you on their list.
    I am in group 5 and have not heard from my GP but booked on-line. When they get to your group you will be able to do this and will not need to wait to hear from your GP.

Many of those younger ones to whom you refer may have underlying issues, or may have had them in the past so are swept up early. Take up will have a huge impact on how quickly they get through groups. The good news is that they are sweeping through the groups much quicker than first thought. It won’t be long.
  • Options
    Lockdown at XMAS would save 10,000 lives every year. Sounds like a no brainer!

Careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    3 members of my team have tested positive and are symptomatic - two of them were vaccinated over a month ago.  Of them one has been feeling quite ill for afew days, the other two just got headaches and felt under the weather for a day.

What is interesting is that we have all worked through the pandemic and none have tested positive until now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies, for mentioning it again, but I've always found it a bit peculiar that a cough was the number 1 symptom.

Interesting thought ?
    How many people on here have had the flu or even the common cold( which has no cure) this winter ?
    In my working life I was always ill in February, mainly from working too many hours over the cold wet winter, traveling to work on packed trained, in crowded bars and going from cold outside to people in your face within coughing and sneezing  distance inside. Plus going to Charlton matches, being a football coach for mid week training and either a dad or manager on a Sunday when so many days it's was freezing or pouring down.

Unless my wife catches a cold, or flu germs from her little kids at school I should be fine.

In a massive hub on Wednesday having the vaccine and I didn't hear anyone cough or sneeze. Maybe the masks do help and emulating Greta Garbo !

This. For all the same reasons I was always picking up colds. And Feb tended to be the fulcrum. The past 12 months have been my healthiest for as long as I can remember. I'm hoping that working from home and no more coaching will help it continue. Not sure I can master ze accent for Greta though..
    I've tended to get two or three colds each winter and I react really badly when I get a cold, I can be laid up for anywhere up to five days.  This year I've had a couple of 24hrs where I've been a bit ropey but that's it.  Being totally misanthropic is the way to stay healthy.
  • Options

Interesting thought ?

I've tended to get two or three colds each winter and I react really badly when I get a cold, I can be laid up for anywhere up to five days.  This year I've had a couple of 24hrs where I've been a bit ropey but that's it.  Being totally misanthropic is the way to stay healthy.
    If that were true, I'd have never been ill a day in my life :D
  • Options
    Had my vaccination early morning yesterday at the Alexandra Suite in Swanley. AstraZeneca for me and all very efficiently organised up there. Felt fine most of yesterday until I went for a long walk late afternoon. Very heavy legs and sore arm this morning. But generally fine.

Think our team yesterday must have been vaccinated at half time.
    Sedated I think..
  • Options

Interesting thought ?

If that were true, I'd have never been ill a day in my life :D

Which means Roland will live to be 150. Worse yet, S*****ll must be immortal
  • Options
    Had the Pfizer jab this morning, I'll update on any side effects (or not) later in the week.
    2 days in since having the vaccine and I'm pleased to report that I have had no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm. I know that's just my experience, but if offered the jab I would accept it.
    Just an update for you following on from my 2 previous posts above.
    Woke up this morning feeling crap and no energy whatsoever, also feel achy and fluey. Think it's the side effects now. Hopefully will be gone by tomorrow.
  • Options
    3 members of my team have tested positive and are symptomatic - two of them were vaccinated over a month ago.  Of them one has been feeling quite ill for afew days, the other two just got headaches and felt under the weather for a day.

What is interesting is that we have all worked through the pandemic and none have tested positive until now.
    Okay, silly question time ....... 

Once you've been vaccinated, will any reaction to the vaccine show positive in a Covid test?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Okay, silly question time ....... 

Once you've been vaccinated, will any reaction to the vaccine show positive in a Covid test?

No I don't believe so.

Just a coincidence - but I was more interested that although immunisation prevents the worst effects it clearly doesn't necessarily stop you feeling ill if you become infected.