Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Just had mine in Age Concern in Sittingbourne. 
    In and out in 20 minutes. 
    Feeling fine at present. 
    Good news mate 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Just sitting in "recovery" room in eltham,. Very quick very well organised, very impressed.
    Recovery room? 

Our NHS Kernow can't afford them down here.

You get the jab, put your coat back on and hustled straight out of the back door into the teeth of a bitter East wind.
    We'm tough down here booy.  :smile:

It's not a recovery room.

The Eltham set up is really good. After you are vaccinated you are asked to wait 15 minutes to check for any reactions. They stick a label on you with the time you can leave.

You go to a room with seats that are spaced out to keep you 2 metres apart.

One of the helpers monitors everyone and shows you to the exit at the appropriate time. 

Swisdom said:
    I had mine on Wednesday evening.  I'm 44 but a type 2 diabetic so higher risk.

Lots of people don't bother turning up and they have to throw the unused vaccines away.  I was fortunate that I knew someone there who said there were likely to be a few left over that evening so I went along at 8 and got jabbed.

I felt progressively worse yesterday and the afternoon was a bit of a write-off but pretty much back to normal now.

Immaculately well organised and run though I am staggered at the amount of people not bothering to attend.  There really are some strange folk out there aren't there
    This is supposed to happen everywhere. They are supposed to monitor you for 15 mins before releasing you. This is why the drive through concept hasn't been used in the UK as it goes against the safety protocol.
    Well my vaccine was given at the 'drive through' at Headcorn Aerodrome and got the jab through the drivers window.

They had a parking area for you to wait in for 15 minutes before you can leave.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Just sitting in "recovery" room in eltham,. Very quick very well organised, very impressed.
    Recovery room? 

Our NHS Kernow can't afford them down here.

You get the jab, put your coat back on and hustled straight out of the back door into the teeth of a bitter East wind.
    We'm tough down here booy.  :smile:

It's not a recovery room.

The Eltham set up is really good. After you are vaccinated you are asked to wait 15 minutes to check for any reactions. They stick a label on you with the time you can leave.

You go to a room with seats that are spaced out to keep you 2 metres apart.

One of the helpers monitors everyone and shows you to the exit at the appropriate time. 

Swisdom said:
    I had mine on Wednesday evening.  I'm 44 but a type 2 diabetic so higher risk.

Lots of people don't bother turning up and they have to throw the unused vaccines away.  I was fortunate that I knew someone there who said there were likely to be a few left over that evening so I went along at 8 and got jabbed.

I felt progressively worse yesterday and the afternoon was a bit of a write-off but pretty much back to normal now.

Immaculately well organised and run though I am staggered at the amount of people not bothering to attend.  There really are some strange folk out there aren't there
    This is supposed to happen everywhere. They are supposed to monitor you for 15 mins before releasing you. This is why the drive through concept hasn't been used in the UK as it goes against the safety protocol.
    Well my vaccine was given at the 'drive through' at Headcorn Aerodrome and got the jab through the drivers window.

They had a parking area for you to wait in for 15 minutes before you can leave.
    My Mum and her Husband went to Headcorn Airfield for their jabs as well - told me it was very efficient - gif there at 12.00 and left 10 mins later (their neighbour drove them there)
  • Options
    So I had a touch. 55th birthday today, first day of jabs for 55 year olds round here. AZ, proper conveyor belt, in, sleeve up, jab, out. 
    Blimey - they are already doing 55 year olds already in your area !!! That’s incredible

I’m 50 and not expecting to be called until April (live in Dartford)
  • Options
    I do have a bit of a pre existing condition so mebbe it's that. But plenty in the queue didn't appear to be too ancient.
  • Options
    Just had mine in Age Concern in Sittingbourne. 
    In and out in 20 minutes. 
    Feeling fine at present. 
    Just to say there is a 15 minute waiting period after jab in Sittingbourne, they time you with timers that look like eggs.
    Feeling fine and slept a little better last night.
  • Options
    I am 58 with slight asthma, and got a call the week before last to get vaccine at Charlton House. Got 30 mins notice so they obviously had some spare spaces. Slightly sore arm but that was all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got my booking for Saturday - lot earlier than I expected but not complaining.
  • Options
    So I had a touch. 55th birthday today, first day of jabs for 55 year olds round here. AZ, proper conveyor belt, in, sleeve up, jab, out. 
    Blimey - they are already doing 55 year olds already in your area !!! That’s incredible

I’m 50 and not expecting to be called until April (live in Dartford)
    They're doing over 55's (with no pre-existing conditions) in Greenwich
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    My wife and myself both had the AZ vaccine yesterday at 12.45pm.

We both felt fine until about 9.00pm last night. When we both took a turn for the worse.
    We both had a terrible night. Both had flu like symptoms, with raging headaches and both going from hot to cold.

I have just woken up, and am still in bed as I write this at 1.15pm.

24 hours after receiving the jab we both still feel shit, but hopefully we are slightly better than we were 12 hours ago.
    We had our AZ jabs last Saturday morning and felt fine for the remainder of the day....until late evening when I suddenly started to feel quite chilly & shivery. 

Seemed to spend most of the night awake, with loads of stuff refusing to be silenced in my old 'ead ( I'm normally a great sleeper !)

Spent Sunday & Monday on the settee under a blanket, feeling quite sorry for myself when not snoozing. Picked at food but didn't really feel hungry at all. 

My arm has felt very bruised in an area about the size of a hand around the vaccination site, which was quite hot & dark pink there. 

On Tuesday, my energy levels continued to be low and  that evening I found myself having a quiet weep several times whilst watching TV...nothing connected to what we were viewing. Really weird....

Since then, I've gradually returned to "normality" but today was the first time that I've noticed less tenderness in my arm and my appetite seems to have returned.

Throughout this period, it's interesting to report that Mr F has been his usual laid back self whilst attending to my every need but his hair appears to be growing at ever increasing speed ! 
    I hope you are feeling much better tonight Fanny.
    Makes you wonder what full on COVID must be like though. Let’s hope science can reduce this terrible virus to an also ran.
    Hello mate......I can assure you having full on Covid is another
    world altogether.....there are no words to describe it really as it’s an never ending picture, each day is different.
    Even when in an induced coma (I was for 10 days or so), you can’t escape your frightening dreams and hallucinations, I had more than my fair share, unfortunately I can remember a fair few of them which make me very unsettled from time to time. It’s as if Covid is sending me an occasional spiteful reminder.
    I try not to intentionally recollect them but when I do I seem to be drawn into dissecting them, much against my better judgment and one leads to remembering another and so on........like I say, it’s another world, even now 11 months later!
    Sadly, my stomach/digestive system and lungs will never be the same again.
    Oh well.....Onwards and Sideways SoundAs......Onwards and Sideways.
    Scares the living daylights out of me. I wish you a faster recovery than you have experienced so far and hopefully it will be a complete one as well.
    Thankfully you got at least got out of hospital.
    Hopefully people read your account and decide they will now have the vaccine to not only protect themselves but others.
  • Options
    Letter received today, appointment booked for tomorrow morning, pretty impressive so far.
  • Options
    Quite reassuring listening at the briefing about the next phase. It seems sensible that (healthy) over 65s will be encouraged to go to the mass vaccination centres with GP practices concentrating more on vulnerable patients (which includes people with mental health issues and severe learning difficulties)
  • Options
    I've heard that some elderly, disabled or unwell people have been able to have a home visit, with the District Nurse administering the vaccine.

A 92 year old friend of mine told me that's how she was vaccinated.

• Options
    Quite reassuring listening at the briefing about the next phase. It seems sensible that (healthy) over 65s will be encouraged to go to the mass vaccination centres with GP practices concentrating more on vulnerable patients (which includes people with mental health issues and severe learning difficulties)
    This is a big thing. Encouraging the younger and more mobile to go to the mass centres may well enable them to hit capacity (they generally haven't yet and we still have a huge list of mass vaccination centres that could be opened if needed) and allowing the vulnerable and less mobile to be vaccinated locally it should mean we can really ramp up capacity. It should enable us to keep first doses growing even while we give out more and more 2nd doses. I suspect we may well see them opening up vaccines to younger and younger people in order to get the mass vaccination centres full. As long as supply is there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The efficient roll out of this makes you realise that - in desperate times - the British ‘state’ is actually superbly well organised - WW2 was the same (mostly)

why can’t it be like that in un-desperate times.......
  • Options
    The efficient roll out of this makes you realise that - in desperate times - the British ‘state’ is actually superbly well organised - WW2 was the same (mostly)

Shame about the previous 10 months mind.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
     Bizarrely as I finished my post it disappeared, can't be bothered to type it again 
  • Options

I’m fairly confident that this is written in jest isn’t it ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

After the debacle of the Government awarding Track & Trace to their friends and family to profiteer from ...... they've let the NHS undertake the vaccination programme.

What a load of bollox!!!!
  • Options
    Had my 60th birthday last Wednesday and got a call on Saturday with an appointment for 10am yesterday (at the Masonic Lodge in Tunbridge Wells). I felt fine until around 8pm; since then I’ve had a bad headache and joint pain (a bit like when I get a bad head cold). Still much better than a bad dose of Covid!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

After the debacle of the Government awarding Track & Trace to their friends and family to profiteer from ...... they've let the NHS undertake the vaccination programme.

What a load of bollox!!!!
    Fair enough, what do you think the difference is?