Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    It makes me despair that some people including guys who should be informed didn't take up the opportunity to have the Vaccines which are our Friend and saviour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-57866661
    Unbelievable the mentality.
  • Options
    It makes me despair that some people including guys who should be informed didn't take up the opportunity to have the Vaccines which are our Friend and saviour.

Quite scary that people with both jabs are still getting sick to the point of oxygen 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    45 million people, 87% of the population have had one jab, I wonder considering they’ve got huge numbers, and make up a 1/3 of the people on the planet, what the numbers of people jabbed in India and China are?
    India is a different proposition but we know that the Chinese manufactured Sino-Vac is pretty much useless against the Delta variant. 
    It might be good to temper the language about the Sinovac and its efficacy against Delta, purely because we will have posters on here who have done the right thing by stepping forward and having the Sinovac jab and could be concerned with adjectives like 'useless'.  It's probably true to say it's less effective against Delta than either AZ or Pfizer; and the efficacy of the J&J jab is equally unclear.  

But it's also true to say that, if a booster jab is required, the Chinese authorities would have the capacity to roll it out very quickly.  For example, in Guangdong alone, more than 60 million doses were administered in a month.  That should make anyone who has done the right thing and had the Sinovac jab a bit more confidence. 
    I can see that there might be sensitivities here but it doesn’t alter the fact that the Sino-Vac vaccine is ineffective against Delta.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Hundreds-of-Sinovac-injected-Indonesian-doctors-contract-COVID
    At the risk of sounding like Trump, Shake n Vac may be more effective.
  • Options

More than one third of Londoners have not had their first vaccine dose making it the area with the lowest uptake in England, latest figures show.

The data from NHS England also shows 55% have not had a second dose. Across England, 88% of people have had a first dose and 68% the second.

Figures also show the city has one of the lowest rates of Covid-19 cases, with 298 per 100,000.

The data also shows:

• 46% of Londoners aged 18-24 have had the first dose, compared with 57.4% across England.
    • The South West has the highest percentage of 18-24 year old's vaccinated, at 65%.
    • Across London boroughs, Bexley, Bromley, Richmond and Sutton have the highest percentage of residents who have had the first dose.
    • Kensington and Chelsea, Newham and Westminster have the lowest percentage of first doses administered.
    • More than 19,000 people have died from Covid in London, with 18 deaths in the past week.
    • It has one of the lowest death rates, with 175 per 100,000 people. The North West has the highest with 248.1 per 100,000.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57874402
    Number of people to have received Convid vaccination doses by area
  • Options
    Newham have started ‘walk in week’ today, where any one above 18 can get a first or second vaccine without booking. Hopefully that gives a boost to jabs being taken in the area. 

Just over 200k people have a first vaccine so far in the borough (under 70%), with 118k double jabbed. 
  • Options
    Pop-up vaccine clinics latest

Woolwich New Road, Greenwich

• Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: AstraZeneca, Moderna and Pfizer (check days and times above). For people aged 18 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Eltham, Greenwich

• Location: Mangal Pharmacy COVID-19 Vaccination Centre, 136A Well Hall Road, Eltham, London SE9 6SN
    • Day and time:
      • Mon 19 July, Wed 21 July and Thur 22 July, 9am to 11am, Moderna Vaccine (+18s)
      • Mon 19 July to Thur 22 July, Sat 24 July and Sun 25 July 9am to 11am, AstraZeneca Vaccine (+40s)
    • Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or a NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Charlton Athletic Football Club

• Day and time: Saturday 24 July, 9am – 5pm
    • Booking information: Walk-ins are available all day but to guarantee a slot book now via Eventbrite.
    • Further information: This service is available for everyone aged over 18. The vaccine available will be Pfizer. This clinic will be providing first doses, and second doses for anyone who had their first dose at least 8 weeks ago.

No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required.

Thamesmead

• Location: First Care Pharmacy – Unit 6 Thames Reach Thamesmead SE28 0NY
    • Day and time:
      • Sunday 18 July 2021, 9am – 1pm and 2 – 4pm
      • Tuesday 20 July 2021, 9am – 1pm and 2pm-7pm
      • Wednesday 21 July 2021, 9am – 1pm and 2pm-7:15pm
      • Friday 23 July 2021, 9am – 1pm and 2pm-7:15pm
      • Saturday 24 July 2021, 9am – 1pm and 2-7:15pm
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine only. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Bromley Civic Centre

• Day and time: Monday to Sunday, 8.30-5pm
    • Booking information:  Book on the National Booking System or walk-in. Find your NHS number here. We recommend to book in advance. A walk-in service will be available but booked appointments will have priority.

Astra Zeneca vaccine – First and second dose. Over 40 = 16-20 July, 25-26 July, 1-2 August, 9 August

Pfizer vaccine – First and second dose. Over 18 = 21-24 July, 27-31 July, 3-8 August, 10-15 August, 17-31 August, 1-26 September
    • Proof of age may be requested. You do not need proof of address or immigration status. Second doses will only be given if it is at least eight weeks since your first dose.

Crays Hill Pharmacy

• Location: 88 Cotmandene Crescent, St Pauls Cray, Orpington, BR5 2RG
    • Day and time: Monday to Saturday 7-9am / Sunday, 9am-1pm
    • Booking information:  Walk-in, no appointment needed
    • Further information: AstraZeneca vaccine. For people aged 40 and above. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be given if it is at least eight weeks since your first dose. 

Eldred Drive Pharmacy

• Day and time: Monday-Wednesday, 9am-1pm & 2pm-8pm / Sunday, 3pm-7pm (except 25 July)
    • Booking information:  Walk-in, no appointment needed
    • Further information: AstraZeneca vaccine. For people aged 40 and above. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be given if it is at least eight weeks since your first dose. 

London Lane Clinic

• Day and time:
      • Wednesday 21 July 5-6.30pm. Astra Zeneca– First and second dose. Over 40.
      • Friday 23 July 9-12pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
      • Saturday 24 July 9-12pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18
    • Walk-in, no appointment needed. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. A booked appointment clinic (020 8175 8607) will be running at the same time.

Oaks Park Medical Centre

• Day and time:
      • Thursday 22 July 4-5pm. Astra Zeneca– First and second dose. Over 40
    • Walk-in, no appointment needed. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. A booked appointment clinic (020 8175 0473) will be running at the same time.

Orpington Health and Wellbeing Centre

• Day and time:
      • Wednesday 21 July 5.30-8pm. Astra Zeneca – First and second dose. Over 40.
      • Thursday 22 July 1.30-8pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
      • Saturday 24 July 8.30-1pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
    • Walk-in, no appointment needed. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. A booked appointment clinic (020 8175 0438) will be running at the same time. No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required

St Edwards Church Hall

• Day and time:
      • Tuesday 20 July 5.30-8pm. Astra Zeneca – First and second dose. Over 40.
      • Wednesday 21 July 5.30-8pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18
      • Thursday 22 July 1.30-5pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
      • Saturday 24 July 8.30-5pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
    • Walk-in, no appointment needed. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. A booked appointment clinic (020 8175 0433) will be running at the same time. No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required

West Wickham & Shirley Baptist Church

• Day and time:
      • Monday 19 July 8.30-1pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
      • Tuesday 20 July 5.30-8pm. Astra Zeneca – First and second dose. Over 40.
      • Wednesday 21 July 5.30-8pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
      • Thursday 22 July 5.30-8pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
      • Saturday 24 July 8.30-1pm. Pfizer – First dose only. Over 18.
    • Walk-in, no appointment needed. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose. A booked appointment clinic (020 8175 8582) will be running at the same time. No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required
    https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/
  • Options
    This whole "No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required" thing.

Doesn't seem very, I dunno, secure?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

More than one third of Londoners have not had their first vaccine dose making it the area with the lowest uptake in England, latest figures show.

The data from NHS England also shows 55% have not had a second dose. Across England, 88% of people have had a first dose and 68% the second.

Figures also show the city has one of the lowest rates of Covid-19 cases, with 298 per 100,000.

The data also shows:

• 46% of Londoners aged 18-24 have had the first dose, compared with 57.4% across England.
    • The South West has the highest percentage of 18-24 year old's vaccinated, at 65%.
    • Across London boroughs, Bexley, Bromley, Richmond and Sutton have the highest percentage of residents who have had the first dose.
    • Kensington and Chelsea, Newham and Westminster have the lowest percentage of first doses administered.
    • More than 19,000 people have died from Covid in London, with 18 deaths in the past week.
    • It has one of the lowest death rates, with 175 per 100,000 people. The North West has the highest with 248.1 per 100,000.
    Shocking numbers for London, sadly not surprised though.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2021
    Chizz said:
    WSS said:
    This whole "No proof of address, NHS number or immigration status required" thing.

You think some people will be going in without ID and getting jabs, just to sell them on the black market? 
    If people were handing out bottles of water, I'd get it.

There's just something that makes me uneasy about being able to walk up, get a jab and have no record of having it done anywhere. There must be some people out there who have a needle fetish as well who might want 20 of them. A kind of jab crawl.

Probably unfounded concerns, just seems strange to me.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Quite scary that people with both jabs are still getting sick to the point of oxygen 
    They are - I suspect - people with underlying health conditions - the vast majority on 2 jabs, who catch it, will feel a bit ill (like Adkins), but not end up in hospital

Perhaps @PopIcon can update us on how he is feeling now, because I think he is a 2 jabber, but caught it and wasn’t feeling brilliant, but also not stupidly ill
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Chizz said:
    WSS said:

You think some people will be going in without ID and getting jabs, just to sell them on the black market? 
    If people were handing out bottles of water, I'd get it.

There's just something that makes me uneasy about being able to walk up, get a jab and have no record of having it done anywhere. There must be some people out there who have a needle fetish as well who might want 20 of them. A kind of jab crawl.

Probably unfounded concerns, just seems strange to me.
    I always felt the best way to get as many people jabbed as quickly as possible was to simply offer 100 quid to everyone who turned up.

The offer would be most attractive to the sort of people who can't be bothered and would have cost the country peanuts compared to what we've spent on the virus so far.

But you'd obviously need a really go way to verify that people weren't getting multiple jabs!
  • Options
    I think a lot of GP practices are offering walk up vaccinations now. Worth checking.
    Heard from friends in Welling and Dartford that there GP practices are being quite forceful in getting people to come in for the second vaccine anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks after first vaccine. One friend has been getting either text or phone call every day for a week, they are only at 6 weeks since first. 
    GP practices will have to start rolling out flu jabs to the sick, lame, wheezy and ancient within a few weeks so need to clear their decks and keep the unvaccinated as far away from the vulnerable as possible.

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    I think a lot of GP practices are offering walk up vaccinations now. Worth checking.
    Heard from friends in Welling and Dartford that there GP practices are being quite forceful in getting people to come in for the second vaccine anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks after first vaccine. One friend has been getting either text or phone call every day for a week, they are only at 6 weeks since first. 
    GP practices will have to start rolling out flu jabs to the sick, lame, wheezy and ancient within a few weeks so need to clear their decks and keep the unvaccinated as far away from the vulnerable as possible.

I think you might have put that slightly better than you have but the point stands.
  • Options
    Had my second jab done in London Lane. A while ago now mind, but just saw it on the above list.
  • Options
    People can't go anywhere from September in big crowds or nightclubs also you would think theme parks.If they have not been double jabbed.
  • Options
    Three million 18-30 people have not had a vaccine yet.
  • Options
    clive said:

The data also shows:

Shocking numbers for London, sadly not surprised though.
    Interesting that Bexley and Bromley are highest in London. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three million 18-30 people have not had a vaccine yet.
    They better get their first jab sorted ASAP if they want the second one done 8 weeks later (+ 14 days after that to be ok according to JVT ?) to get out and about from end-September 
  • Options
    Story of Steve Cotterill - Shrews manager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57887668
  • Options
    @stonemuse certainly not surprising though about bexley and bromley though!
  • Options
    robroy said:

They are - I suspect - people with underlying health conditions - the vast majority on 2 jabs, who catch it, will feel a bit ill (like Adkins), but not end up in hospital

Perhaps @PopIcon can update us on how he is feeling now, because I think he is a 2 jabber, but caught it and wasn’t feeling brilliant, but also not stupidly ill
    I would be interested in any comments as my husband and I are both in this situation: two doses but caught covid. I probably caught it off him before we realised he had it (tests were negative 3 x). I am so up and down in the day with flu-like symptoms and have been told by friends to do as little as possible and rest, or risk long covid. Is that true or anecdotal or is there not enough evidence yet?
    Anyway, I am going to give in to it and totally rest whist isolating.
  • Options
    robroy said:

I would be interested in any comments as my husband and I are both in this situation: two doses but caught covid. I probably caught it off him before we realised he had it (tests were negative 3 x). I am so up and down in the day with flu-like symptoms and have been told by friends to do as little as possible and rest, or risk long covid. Is that true or anecdotal or is there not enough evidence yet?
    Certainly don’t think a lot of rest is a bad idea but there isn’t enough data regarding long Covid for anything really. 
  • Options
    robroy said:

Certainly don’t think a lot of rest is a bad idea but there isn’t enough data regarding long Covid for anything really. 
    Thank you for replying @ShootersHillGuru . Watering 6 pots on the porch wiped me out this morning so I certainly will rest more.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Thank you for replying @ShootersHillGuru . Watering 6 pots on the porch wiped me out this morning so I certainly will rest more.
    Hope you both feel better soon.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side @Eynsfordaddick Now you’ve both just had an immune boost. Hopefully a few days of cold like symptoms and your protection has been enhanced going forward. 
  • Options
    Look on the bright side @Eynsfordaddick Now you’ve both just had an immune boost. Hopefully a few days of cold like symptoms and your protection has been enhanced going forward. 
    Very true! Thanks