Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    From one of our local news stations (WBCB-5)

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren't vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

"An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that "breakthrough" infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That's about 0.1%.

"And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average”
    What are the anti vaxxers saying?
    Same as people who eat and drink too much and don't "believe" in liver or heart disease?

People just don't like be told what to do even if it might save their lives.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Pfizer vaccine available to all over 18s at Bromley Civic Centre all weekend with no appointment necessary.
    (According to someone on Nextdoor who received an e mail).
  • Options
    Pfizer vaccine available to all over 18s at Bromley Civic Centre all weekend with no appointment necessary.
    (According to someone on Nextdoor who received an e mail).

Bromley Civic Centre

• Location: Bromley Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley BR1 3UH
    • Day and time:
      Saturday 26th June 8:30am – 5:00pm
      Sunday 27th June 8:30am – 5:00pm
    • Booking information: Book using the National Booking System, or limited walk-in available on the day. FIRST DOSE ONLY
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine – for people aged 18 and above. FIRST DOSE ONLY You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Please eat and drink before your come for your vaccination.
    https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/
  • Options
    Source?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Good little video there. Crossbars looks packed.
  • Options
    They’ve finally got some customers into crossbars that would appreciate some extra loud house music…
    Nearly forgot about that. It reminded me of that scene in Jurassic Park where the water was shaking but in this case it was watered down fosters. 
  • Options
    Off to get our 2nd jab early (wasn’t due til the beginning of July) at the GAA ground in Cork tomorrow.

Get in 💪🏻
    Did you get any free tickets for the hurling or the Gaelic football?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    'You might even have the opportunity to take a selfie of yourself'

Bless
    Well, I have had someone ask me if I could take a selfie of them.  I asked if they meant a photograph.  They looked lost.
  • Options
    Looking at 75,000 extra vaccines a day when football stadiums open for it.
  • Options
    Off to get our 2nd jab early (wasn’t due til the beginning of July) at the GAA ground in Cork tomorrow.

Get in 💪🏻
    No 😞
    Did get a sore arm & a day in bed 🙄😂😂
  • Options
    We should do jabs in the car park before the weds game, first 200 people get get a day pass for crossbars.
  • Options
    Nothing but sympathy for those people who have been encouraged to believe the nonsense spouted, deliberately, by anti-vaxers.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I overheard two blokes talking yesterday, this is roughly how it went.
    1st bloke - did you go to that festival?
    2nd bloke - no I didn't want to take the chance
    1st bloke - have you had both your jabs?
    2nd bloke - no I can't see the point.
    As Forrest Gump would say "stupid is as stupid does".
    :#   
  • Options

Get in 💪🏻
    No 😞
    A day in bed, dirty girl !!! 😉
  • Options

A mix-and-match approach to Covid vaccines - using different brands of jab for first and second doses - gives good protection against the pandemic virus, a UK study has found.

The Com-Cov trial looked at the efficacy of either two doses of Pfizer, two of AstraZeneca, or one of them followed by the other.

All combinations worked well, priming the immune system.

This knowledge could offer flexibility for vaccine rollout, say experts.

The UK's deputy chief medical officer, Prof Jonathan Van-Tam, said there was no reason to change the current successful same dose vaccine schedules in the UK, however, given vaccines were in good supply and saving lives.

But he says it might be something to look at in the future: "Mixing doses could provide us with even greater flexibility for a booster programme, while also supporting countries who have further to go with their vaccine rollouts, and who may be experiencing supply difficulties."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57636356

• Options
    Good luck @alan dugdale
  • Options
    Was due my second one this morning but had to cancel it as my son developed symptoms yesterday and we took him for a test today instead.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Good luck @alan dugdale
    Thank you. I’m not normally bothered about these things but really not looking forward to it this time !
  • Options

Get in 💪🏻
    No 😞
    A day in bed, dirty girl !!! 😉
    On her own, you gutter-minded filthmonger!!!
  • Options
    A friend told me her son got COVID last week.  The worrying thing is, this is the second time he's had it.
  • Options
    Was due my second one this morning but had to cancel it as my son developed symptoms yesterday and we took him for a test today instead.

Hope he is ok.