Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    If a person is over 40 can they book an earlier appointment for 2nd dose?.
    Yes, I did, just through the NHS vaccine website. Have to conscel second booking which I was nervous about but then loads more options became available, nearer to home and a few weeks earlier
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Yes, I did, just through the NHS vaccine website. Have to conscel second booking which I was nervous about but then loads more options became available, nearer to home and a few weeks earlier
    When was your first jab? And when is your 2nd?.
  • Options
    Just had 3 yellow vested vaccine awareness staff come and knock the front door near Westcombe Park, was on the phone so didn’t have time to chat and all adults here double vaccinated but shows what a push there is 
    I'd want to make sure they're legit before letting them in and certainly before permitting them stick a needle in my arm!

Every heroin dealer in London will use it as an opportunity to widen their customer base with reports of the vaccine being ""very moreish" from spaced out residents.

In fact wasn't there a news story last year about some utter scumbag posing as this and injected an old dear with water so he could rob her or something like that?

EDIT yeah here it was...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-55577426
    They weren’t vaccinating people just checking to see who had been vaccinated and if you hadn’t been trying to book you in for one. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Yes, many of us have done so. You need to "manage" your booking and cancel original 2nd one first.

Mine came forward a few weeks. I would hope that it wouldn't offer earlier appointments that are too early ie  within the recommended interval weeks.
  • Options

Yes, many of us have done so. You need to "manage" your booking and cancel original 2nd one first.

Mine came forward a few weeks. I would hope that it wouldn't offer earlier appointments that are too early ie  within the recommended interval weeks.
    So after eight weeks from the 1 dose?.
  • Options

So after eight weeks from the 1 dose?.
    Don't take it as gospel but yes my first one was on 1st May with 2nd booked originally for 22 july (just under 12 weeks later).

Earlier this week I logged on and cancelled the 22 july booking and immediately re booked at one local to me for 28 june.

So  that will be just over 8 weeks from my first one.

It means I'll get my 2nd one 3.5 weeks earlier than the original booking.

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    When was your first jab? And when is your 2nd?.
    1st was 6 may, and 2nd will be 1 July, exactly 8 weeks and the soonest available. Was previously about three weeks later than that
  • Options
    Everyone I recall who rebooked had it brought forward from 12 weeks to 8 weeks.
    I haven't heard of anyone not being able to get an earlier booking.
  • Options
    Cheers.
  • Options
    I believe Greenwich are offering 2nd jabs only 4 weeks after the first if you're 25 or older.

It's 3 weeks today since I had my first jab so I'm hoping they're still offering them this time next week. Would be very happy to be double jabbed by the end of June.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe Greenwich are offering 2nd jabs only 4 weeks after the first if you're 25 or older.

It's 3 weeks today since I had my first jab so I'm hoping they're still offering them this time next week. Would be very happy to be double jabbed by the end of June.
    You wait all that time for 1 then 2 come along together.
  • Options
    Vaccine bookings now open if
    • you're aged 18 or over
    To book use this link
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • Options
    Cheers.
    Cheers also.
    I didn't know it was possible to bring it forward 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Ross said:
    Legal challenge coming in 3,2,1….

Although I hope to think that people working in those roles would be conscientious enough to get the jab in the first place.
    Do they not already have to have the yellow fever vaccine to work there and they have to declare their HIV status. Is this really any different?
    The difference is that the requirement for a COVID vaccination is not a current term or condition of their employment. 

As I have repeatedly said, new starters no problem - any failure to comply would be a repudiatory breach of contract and a dismissal offence. They accepted the job on those terms. Not so with existing staff - you would offer them new terms and if they accept then fine, if they don’t then dismiss on the basis of fire/rehire. They could refuse the new terms and claim unfair dismissal (and would likely win). Doesn’t mean we don’t do it and I would suggest the government would need to underwrite the cost of employment tribunal claims.

Should it be done? Yes. But there will be consequences, as above and a significant staff shortage - it is not exactly the easiest sector in which to recruit.

I get what you are saying but I believe a good lawyer would argue that if any new or emerging health concerns arose (as COVID has) then the precedent is set with the existing terms for requirements to be added. But would be an interesting one.
    My guess is that the requirement will be imposed by a quickly introduced Statutory Instrument approved by the Sec of State. No need for a parliamentary vote then. The legislation will trump the employment contract law. So the non-compliant staff can be sacked with impunity. Any legal challenge would have to be a judicial review on the piece of legislation and would likely end up in the Supreme Court some years down the road. Far too late for any anti-vaxer trying to keep their job. Just get the jabs (or Photoshop a NHS confirmation).
  • Options
    How will compulsory injections work when the current vaccines become irrelevant and we have moved on to needing multiple regular injections against variants as the virus mutates?

I'm completely for making vaccination compulsory but I can see a minefield of problems deciding what particular vaccinations should apply.

I caught Chicken Pox ten years ago and the bastard nearly killed me. We don't even bother to vaccinate against this in England although I believe it's now routine in Germany.
  • Options
    One vaccine dose reduces Covid hospitalisation chances by 75%
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57523149
  • Options
    Over 40s only at the Charlton vaccine event tomorrow. Not really the big push to get the borough vaccinated that it was originally touted as.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Over 40s only at the Charlton vaccine event tomorrow. Not really the big push to get the borough vaccinated that it was originally touted as.

Charlton Athletic’s Valley ground will run a drop-in vaccine service from 8am-8pm on Saturday – with no need to book an appointment.

It will offer first and second doses of the AstraZeneca jab which is being targeted at the over 40s – though people under 40 can still have the vaccine after a clinical assessment.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-coronavirus-vaccine-rollout-targets-chelsea-spurs-b940860.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC News channel has shown pictures from The Valley several times today.
  • Options
    Many at the Valley today?.
  • Options
    It was quiet-ish when I was there at 7.30ish.... Now I'm done. Second jab just done at The Valley, followed by Chinese from the Dragon & Pheonix to take home...... man, Windows 8.1 was awesome wasn't it?..... hang on a minute....
  • Options
    1. More than 700,000 Covid-19 jabs were booked on Friday, after vaccinations in England were opened up to people aged 18-20
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57543588
  • Options
    clive said:

Some of London's football clubs are joining the capital's vaccine roll-out programme.

Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and Charlton are allowing their stadiums to be used as vaccination clinics at the weekend.

Most are focussing on first doses for younger people except Charlton which is largely for people aged 40 and over.

West Ham's London Stadium at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, in north-east London, is the only centre that will not be open to walk-ins.

• In north-east London, over 18s are invited to get their first dose on 19 June at West Ham's London Stadium for pre-booked appointments between 10:00 and 18:00 BST
    • In south-west London, Chelsea's ground will offer Pfizer vaccines to anyone eligible on 19 June between 10:00 and 19:30 BST
    • At Charlton's ground in south-east London, AstraZeneca vaccines will be on offer on 19 June to walk-ins between 08:00 and 20:00 BST. The club said the first 1,000 people to get vaccinated there would get a free ticket to a game
    • At Spurs' stadium in Tottenham, in north London, anyone aged 21 and over will be able to get a vaccine on 20 June between 10:00 and 18:00 BST.They are open for walk in and pre booked appointments.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-57497376

And the next 1,000 get two tickets. 
  • Options
    Corbyns brother looking a complete prat at West Hams jab day, along with the struck off nurse.