Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    The majority didn't feel rough after the 2nd. I felt tired and that was all. 
  • Options
    The majority didn't feel rough after the 2nd. I felt tired and that was all. 
    Poop, means I've got to go to work tomorrow then  :D
  • Options

The Valley, Charlton Athletic Football Club

• Options
    Saturday's jabs are open to all SE London boroughs so if you're outside Greenwich, haven't had a jab, and fancy popping to The Valley, now's your chance.

https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/

• Options
    Does anyone know with these drop in centres if they do update your nhs record, I notice the wording saying you don’t need to be registered with a dr or have an nhs number for instance.

I have a relative abroad who is ill and I may be called over at short notice, as it stands I’d need to quarantine for two weeks and my second jab at the moment is not until august so wondering if I’d be able to get my second early by attending a drop in such as the one at the valley 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Does anyone know with these drop in centres if they do update your nhs record, I notice the wording saying you don’t need to be registered with a dr or have an nhs number for instance.

I have a relative abroad who is ill and I may be called over at short notice, as it stands I’d need to quarantine for two weeks and my second jab at the moment is not until august so wondering if I’d be able to get my second early by attending a drop in such as the one at the valley 
    They do ask for the info so they can link to your record if you have one. If you dont have one you can simply say no.
  • Options

The UK's vaccination programme has passed another key milestone with more than 60% of the adult population now fully vaccinated.

Nadhim Zahawi says 82% of all adults in the UK have had their first dose.

And today we reached the milestone of three in five of all adults getting a second dose, Nadhim Zahawi says.

He says six appointments were booked every second, after jabs opened up to all adults.

Third of 18-24-year-olds have had first dose - Zahawi

We have already given first doses to almost half of all 25-29-year-olds in England, the vaccines minister says.

And only a week after the programme opened to all adults on Friday, one third of 18-24-year-olds have had their first doses, says Nadhim Zahawi.

Two weeks ago, there were more than two million people in England over the age of 50 who had had a first dose but not a second. Now that number is 900,000, he says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57577068

• Options
    Not good news about Scotland increasing rates, especially after the mass influx last Friday, wonder how much that will affect us down South.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

POP-UP Vaccines latest

Charlton House, Charlton

Location: Charlton House Library, Charlton House, Charlton Road, London SE7 8RE
    Day and times: Thursday 24th June (2pm-6pm), Friday 25th June (9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm)
    Booking information: No booking required, walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    Further information: Pfizer vaccine – for people aged 18 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

• Options
    What's the usual gap between doses for Pfizer now? Just been invited for second jab, gap will be 6 weeks and 3 days.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    What's the usual gap between doses for Pfizer now? Just been invited for second jab, gap will be 6 weeks and 3 days.
    The manufacturers recommend 4 weeks, but the UK decided on 12 weeks to get more 1sts vaccinated.
    So I can't see a problem with 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Chart showing vaccine doses per 100 people in countries where the population is over one million Updated 21 June
  • Options
    Chart of vaccine take up by UK nation - 89 of those aged 18 and over in Wales have had at least one dose compared with 79 in Northern Ireland
  • Options
    Chart of vaccine take up by English region - 79 of those aged 18 or over in the South West have received one dose of the vaccine compared with 60 in London
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chart showing take-up of the vaccine is lower among ethnic minorities Updated 24 June
  • Options

Pop up vaccine clinics latest

Horn Park

• Location: Horn Park Green Space (Alnwick Road Entrance), Alnwick Road, SE12 9BZ
    • Day and times: Friday 25th June, 10am – 12noon
    • Booking information: No booking required, walk-in clinic – offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: AstraZeneca vaccine – for people aged 40 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Middle Park

• Location: Middle Park Community Centre, 150 Middle Park Avenue, Eltham SE9 5SD
    • Day and times: Friday 25th June, 1 – 4:30pm
    • Booking information: No booking required, walk-in clinic – offering first and second doses.
    • Further information: Pfizer vaccine – for people aged 18 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    The manufacturers recommend 4 weeks, but the UK decided on 12 weeks to get more 1sts vaccinated.
    So I can't see a problem with 6 weeks.
    The manufactures recommendation was adjusted from 4 weeks to between 4-12 weeks when the research was available.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    'You might even have the opportunity to take a selfie of yourself'

Bless
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    From one of our local news stations (WBCB-5)

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren't vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

"An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that "breakthrough" infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That's about 0.1%.

"And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average”
  • Options

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren't vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

"An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that "breakthrough" infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That's about 0.1%.

"And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average”
    What are the anti vaxxers saying?
  • Options

What are the anti vaxxers saying?
    Fortunately we don’t get a lot of that around here, and the ones that do exist are generally not given airtime to display their ignorance.