Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    Why do the mods allow anti-vaxxers/conspiracy theorists on here and the HOC section? Not only are they incredibly annoying & clog up threads with their endless streams of garbage, but some other gullible moron might just become brainwashed because of it.

They are pariahs in real life, they should be online too.
    You have only been on this forum for about 5 minutes and you think you have the right to ask for posters to be banned because they have a different point of view than you.
    Behave. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Why do the mods allow anti-vaxxers/conspiracy theorists on here and the HOC section? Not only are they incredibly annoying & clog up threads with their endless streams of garbage, but some other gullible moron might just become brainwashed because of it.

You have only been on this forum for about 5 minutes and you think you have the right to ask for posters to be banned because they have a different point of view than you.
    Behave. 
    I’m not asking for them to be banned, I’m asking why is it allowed.

Misinformation about vaccines has, and will continue to kill people. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    arny23394 said:

Behave. 

I welcome the views of anti vaxxers and people like wolfboy. Sure it’s “out there” and unarguably and completely wrong but it’s a view people are entitled to hold and post. In fact I find the whole conspiracy theory community very interesting to listen to. The thought process involved fascinates me. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    arny23394 said:

Behave. 

I welcome the views of anti vaxxers and people like wolfboy. Sure it’s “out there” and unarguably and completely wrong but it’s a view people are entitled to hold and post. In fact I find the whole conspiracy theory community very interesting to listen to. The thought process involved fascinates me. 
    What thought process?
    Shhh big pharma are watching us 🥺
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    arny23394 said:

Behave. 

What thought process?
    Shhh big pharma are watching us 🥺
    And big science
    And big medicine....

Anyway I've been microchipped as I've had the vaccine.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    clive said:

Under-30s set record-breaking day Covid-19 jab bookings

Coronavirus vaccine bookings on the NHS website reached a record high of more than one million yesterday.

It's first time daily appointments made through the national booking service have topped the million mark.

As vaccines were opened up to people aged 25 to 29 yesterday morning, a total of 1,082,596 first and second dose slots were snapped up across the day online and by phone.

That's about 45,000 an hour on average and more than 750 every minute, over the full 24 hours.

The daily total for the National Booking Service yesterday means around four times as many slots were booked yesterday compared with the day before and the same day last week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57409973

"YoUng PEoPLe ArE tHE PROBleM aNd WoNT TaKE ThE VAccINE!"
    What is the meaning of doing the capitals thing? I’ve seen it a lot, especially in Leroys posts? 
    You’ll be unsurprised to know it’s a dig. I think there are a few definitions but generally it means that the person writing in capitals, thinks the person they’re responding to is stupid.
    I wasn't responding to anyone in particular or calling anyone stupid. I was making reference to the number of times on this thread and the main COVID  one references have been made to young people either blaming them for the spread or saying they won't take the vaccine up. I was particularly derided once or twice when I pointed out that everyone I know of my age is pretty socially responsible and is desperate for the vaccine so they can get back on with their lives and having fun. Whereas all the conversations I've had with people who don't want it were middle aged.
    I have found that talking to my 20 year old son. He doesn't know of anybody not willing to have it. 
    I only know one person who won't have it. She was using her son as an excuse as she didn't want to not be able to look after him in case she got any side effects from it.

She tested positive on Monday and is now too ill to look after her son...Who also has it.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    Curb_It said:
    clive said:

Coronavirus vaccine bookings on the NHS website reached a record high of more than one million yesterday.

It's first time daily appointments made through the national booking service have topped the million mark.

As vaccines were opened up to people aged 25 to 29 yesterday morning, a total of 1,082,596 first and second dose slots were snapped up across the day online and by phone.

That's about 45,000 an hour on average and more than 750 every minute, over the full 24 hours.

The daily total for the National Booking Service yesterday means around four times as many slots were booked yesterday compared with the day before and the same day last week.

What is the meaning of doing the capitals thing? I’ve seen it a lot, especially in Leroys posts? 
    You’ll be unsurprised to know it’s a dig. I think there are a few definitions but generally it means that the person writing in capitals, thinks the person they’re responding to is stupid.
    I wasn't responding to anyone in particular or calling anyone stupid. I was making reference to the number of times on this thread and the main COVID  one references have been made to young people either blaming them for the spread or saying they won't take the vaccine up. I was particularly derided once or twice when I pointed out that everyone I know of my age is pretty socially responsible and is desperate for the vaccine so they can get back on with their lives and having fun. Whereas all the conversations I've had with people who don't want it were middle aged.
    I have found that talking to my 20 year old son. He doesn't know of anybody not willing to have it. 
    I only know one person who won't have it. She was using her son as an excuse as she didn't want to not be able to look after him in case she got any side effects from it.

She tested positive on Monday and is now too ill to look after her son...Who also has it.
    A hard lesson ☹️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Curb_It said:
    clive said:

If ever there was a post that needed a 'SMH' reaction, it's this one
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Curb_It said:
    clive said:

If ever there was a post that needed a 'SMH' reaction, it's this one
    Yep...She was never going to get it either, typical anti vax crap she was sharing on social media. Lives in Scotland and late 20s so was offered it about 2 months ago. Kid is only six months old, she thought he was "faking a cough". 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    arny23394 said:

Because, however misguided or deluded they may be, our society (thank the Lord) believes in the principle of free speech.

In times of war or a national emergency other measures need to be enforced as indeed they were in many instances during the two World Wars.
  • Options
    Pop up vaccine centres in SE London latest

Bexley

Erith Health Centre, Bexley

• Location: Erith Health Centre, 50 Pier Road, Erith, Kent, DA8 1RQ
    • Day and time: Every Friday (from 23 April) – 1:30pm – 4:30pm
    • Booking information: Walk-in, no appointment needed
    • Further information: For health and social care staff and all patients registered with a practice in North Bexley in the eligible cohorts

Bexley Civic Centre

• Location: Bexley Civic Centre, 2 Watling St, Bexleyheath DA6 7AT
    • Day and time: Tuesday 15th June, 8.30am-7:00pm
    • Further information: This clinic is for anyone age 40+ and for adults of any age with certain medical conditions that increase the risk of complications from COVID-19. AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine offered. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.
    Bromley

Radiate Festival, Crystal Palace Park

• Location: Radiate Festival, Crystal Palace Park, Thicket Road, Crystal Palace SE20 8DT
    • Day and time: Saturday 19 June, 12:00pm-4:00pm
    • Further information: This clinic is for anyone age 40+ and for adults of any age with certain medical conditions that increase the risk of complications from COVID-19. AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine offered. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.
    Greenwich

Woolwich New Road, Greenwich

Location: Late Night Woolwich Pharmacy, Ground Floor, Equitable House, Lower, 10 Woolwich New Rd, London SE18 6AB
    Day and time: Between 07 June to 25 July, daily, 8:00am – 2:00pm – AstraZeneca only
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    Further information: For people aged 40 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Woolwich Riverside Ward

Location: Walk-in Mobile Unit Clockhouse, outside Clockhouse Community Centre, London SE18 5QL
    Day and time: Tuesday 15 June, 9am – 4.30pm
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses, Pfizer vaccine
    Further information: For people aged 25 and above living in Woolwich Riverside area, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least four weeks since the first dose.

Greenwich West

Location: The Wallace Health Centre, Clarence Rd, London SE8 3BX
    Day and time: Wednesday 16 June, 9am – 4.30pm
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses, Pfizer vaccine
    Further information: For people aged 25 and above living in Greenwich West area, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least four weeks since the first dose.

Greenwich Peninsula

Location: Amal Pharmacy, Unit 3, 166 Metcalfe Crt, Greenwich Millennium Village, West Parkside, Greenwich, London, SE10
    Day and time: Thursday 17 June, 8am – 8pm
    Further information: For people aged 25 and above living in Greenwich Peninsula area, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least four weeks since the first dose

Eltham West

Day and time: Friday 18 June, 9am – 4:30pm
    Further information: For people aged 25 and above living in Eltham West area, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least four weeks since the first dose

https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just moved my second jab forward a few weeks to 8 weeks after the first. Easy to do and nearer to the first one!
  • Options
    arny23394 said:

Calm Down ABit Relax GIF - CalmDownABit CalmDown Relax - Discover amp Share  GIFs
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Anti-vaxxers including the likes of Katie Hopkins tried to claim Erikson recently had the vaccine. Been confirmed he hasn't had Covid or the vaccine.
  • Options
    clive said:
    23/24 year olds to be invited for jabs from tomorrow.
    My niece just sent this on family WhatsApp group she’s 23 or 24

“My friend just posted that you could book already so I’ve somehow managed to book my first jab for Friday!” 

• Options
    Muttley - how am I going to pass on Covid-19 if I don't have it? I get checked regularly when I visit my Mum (also not vaccinated) in her independent care home.
    Stoneroses - Not all of my friends are discomfited, that's a daft point to assume. In fact one mate cycled to Italy last year. Awesome!
    Why hasn’t your Mum had the vaccine? Have you brainwashed her into not having it?
  • Options

NHS site now open for bookings for the following age categories, book on the link below

• you're aged 23 or over
    • you'll turn 23 before 1 July 2021
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • Options
    AddicksAddict said:
    @thewolfboy

Thankyou for answering my question as to whether you use a microwave. You told us in your post that you do not. I asked because my sister in law is also a vaccine sceptic and subscribes to pretty much every conspiracy theory out there including 9/11 and that the school shootings in the USA are not true and those shown as grieving friends and parents are paid actors. With regards to the use of microwaves I would be fascinated to learn why not. Do you have any science in your background ? You do know that microwaves are just part of the electromagnetic spectrum. High energy radio waves. All perfectly natural and no more of a mystery than white light or X-rays. When you turn off the microwave oven the microwaves stop just in the same way that when you turn off a light switch the light goes out. The microwaves themselves just agitate the food molecules causing them to heat up. Cooking or heating the food. There are no microwaves residual within the food or measurable within the appliance. That’s a simple science lesson and one that for the life of me I can’t fathom why anyone would be sceptical of it. I’m hoping you can explain because I can’t get a sensible answer from my sister in law. I’m assuming that you don’t subscribe to the other stuff she does although not believing that India is not still in the grip of a Covid crisis is a bit strange to me. I hope you take this post as a genuine enquiry and not as some criticism because I am fascinated by this.
    Point of information, @s@ShootersHillGuru, microwaves in a microwave oven agitate the oxygen-hydrogen bond in water (which may be in the food or surrounding it), not the molecules of the food itself.

Edit: having just looked this up to check I hadn't mis-remembered, the FDA agrees with me:

https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/resources-you-radiation-emitting-products/microwave-oven-radiation

whereas NASA has a slightly different explanation:

https://science.nasa.gov/ems/06_microwaves

The oxygen/hydrogen bond is a molecule. Any bond between two or more different atoms is a molecule. If that oxygen/hydrogen molecule is within the “body” of the food then the microwaves are agitating a molecule within the food. Varying parts of a body are made up from various amounts of water. Roughly between 60 - 80%  Mea Culpa for not adding that you could place a food within a body of water and achieve the same effect. Not heard an argument that water (H2O) when found within food is not classed as part of the food itself. 
    I was merely pointing out that the microwave doesn't work on the food molecules in general, which your OP implied, but on one particular thing.  If we're splitting hairs, a bond isn't a molecule, it's part of a molecule.
    Let’s split hairs. Water is without question part of the food. You might just as well say that the minerals and other elements found within the food are not part of it.  In respect of for example a steak which is muscle it’s probably around 70% plus water. It was higher in the alive animal but I’m assuming it’s lost some moisture in processing. Even the bone contains water. Can’t remember how much but it’s above 25%.  A bond in the terms we’re talking about is two atoms that join. That’s exactly what I said.  In the case of water it’s two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen. That bond forms a molecule of water.  
    If we’re splitting hairs, “that bond” is singular. There isn’t one bond in a molecule of water, there are two, one between the oxygen atom and each of the hydrogens.