Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vaccine

Comments

• Options
    Muttley - how am I going to pass on Covid-19 if I don't have it? I get checked regularly when I visit my Mum (also not vaccinated) in her independent care home.
    Stoneroses - Not all of my friends are discomfited, that's a daft point to assume. In fact one mate cycled to Italy last year. Awesome!
    It’s not daft as almost every post you’ve made in the past week or so has mentioned someone you know who has either been extremely ill from the vaccine or has had a previous disease. 
    Exactly. How is it daft to say somebody who has not been vaccinated could catch it and indeed pass it on to somebody else? I would have thought it is blindingly obvious.
  • Options
    Stoneroses - The vast majority of people who contact Covid-19 recover. The stat I have is 99.7% but that was given to me several months ago. My answer, which you all scoff at, is live a really healthy life, eat good food and avoid alcohol/drugs. Purity is very important if you can go down that road. But perhaps most of all clean up the environment. We should be ashamed at how we have polluted our rivers, oceans, cities, everything really. Again I repeat I am not a conspiracy theorist. I have full faith that if I contact covid-19 that my body will fight it. Time will tell.
    You will all be delighted to hear that I am not renewing my season ticket because I assume we will need evidence of vaccination to enter the ground. I accept my wife and I will be unable to travel abroad, which is a bugger but I stand by my principles. I have never been vaccinated and will not start now.
    Did you know the word  gullible is not in the dictionary?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Latest ONS figures have more than 869,000 people reporting they've had long covid for at least 12 weeks, and 375,000 people reporting they've had it for more than a year:

I find this slightly ironic, as I'm currently taking part in one of the ONS studies that swab tests people every month and asks about symptoms, but the app that they give to the volunteers won't let them enter the date my symptoms started because it's too long ago. So every time they have to try to work out what the earliest date it will let them enter is, and use that. That said, I still think it would be interesting to try to work out what the cumulative infection level was this time a year ago, to get a better idea of the likelihood of extensive long term effects after the initial infection.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Canters - a friend of mine has Polio. She and several of her friends caught it about sixty years ago from playing with contaminated (sewerage) water. Sadly, she got it worse. You will argue that vaccinations fixed polio. I will argue that the main cause for the virtual end of Polio in this country is the vast improvement to our sewerage system.
    You can all mock me as much as you like but I have never been vaccinated in my life and have never had any disease, don't suffer any allergies at all and am generally very fit for my age. Most of my mates are now suffering from all kinds of allergies, plus things like diabetes, asthma, cancer, ME and so forth. They know I am a vegan and jibe me for not boozing but I never talk about vaccination issues.
    I am not a coward at all. I simply will not contaminate my blood system with the crap that is in the vaccines (I'm talking about vaccines in general). It's a free country and that is my choice. We'll see in the long run if vaccines fix the current Covid-19 problem or if the virus mutates as it usually does.  
    Thank fuck the world isn't full of people this dense

There will be a good few less of them when this is through

• Options
    It’s looking like the uptake for vaccine for 25-29 is good. Took my mate 5 hours today to get to front of the queue on NHS website. 
    Hope it's as good as it seems, lots of websites having issues today all over the world. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Canters - a friend of mine has Polio. She and several of her friends caught it about sixty years ago from playing with contaminated (sewerage) water. Sadly, she got it worse. You will argue that vaccinations fixed polio. I will argue that the main cause for the virtual end of Polio in this country is the vast improvement to our sewerage system.
    You can all mock me as much as you like but I have never been vaccinated in my life and have never had any disease, don't suffer any allergies at all and am generally very fit for my age. Most of my mates are now suffering from all kinds of allergies, plus things like diabetes, asthma, cancer, ME and so forth. They know I am a vegan and jibe me for not boozing but I never talk about vaccination issues.
    I am not a coward at all. I simply will not contaminate my blood system with the crap that is in the vaccines (I'm talking about vaccines in general). It's a free country and that is my choice. We'll see in the long run if vaccines fix the current Covid-19 problem or if the virus mutates as it usually does.  
    Thank fuck the world isn't full of people this dense. 

No need to hold back!
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Sadly, no. Most of them will be fine. If they were dropping dead like flies themselves, they'd be clambering over each other for the shot. Selfish, simple-minded motherfuckers. Every last one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Thank fuck the world isn't full of people this dense. 

No need to hold back!
    Five people I know are dead. That IS holding back 😠
  • Options
    edited June 2021

• Options
    edited June 2021
    IdleHans said:

We're getting back to natural selection again.
    The vast majority of UK deaths from now on will be the unvaccinated, who were relying on their God or their health or some other reason to protect them.
    "I've never died before so it proves I'll be fine".
    Once again I recall the poor American sap who went to a Covid party to catch Covid and died not longer after.
    Exactly, it’s survivor bias. I had covid and it put me in bed for 4 weeks, I was a fit and healthy 28 year old, honestly anyone significantly older would’ve been put in hospital at least.
  • Options
    Feeling tired and rough today, hopefully better tomorrow..
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Wifes been asked to book 2nd jab 4 weeks after 1st jab 
    Doctors said it's too early.
    Seems odd, as all 3 leading vaccines had 3 to 4 week gaps between doses in their human trials...
  • Options
    clive said:

Under-30s set record-breaking day Covid-19 jab bookings

Coronavirus vaccine bookings on the NHS website reached a record high of more than one million yesterday.

It's first time daily appointments made through the national booking service have topped the million mark.

As vaccines were opened up to people aged 25 to 29 yesterday morning, a total of 1,082,596 first and second dose slots were snapped up across the day online and by phone.

That's about 45,000 an hour on average and more than 750 every minute, over the full 24 hours.

The daily total for the National Booking Service yesterday means around four times as many slots were booked yesterday compared with the day before and the same day last week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57409973

That’s very pleasing to see. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021

Pop-up clinics

Additional COVID-19 vaccination pop-up clinics

If you are eligible for a COVID vaccination, you can get your COVID vaccination from a number of walk-in and pop-up clinics.

Biggin Hill, Bromley

Location: Biggin Hill Children & Family Centre, Sunningvale Ave, Biggin Hill, TN16 3TNDay and time: Thursday 10 June and Saturday 12 June, 1:30pm – 8;00pmBooking information: Call to book your place – 0208 175 8582. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR BIGGIN HILL RESIDENTS ONLY. PROOF OF ADDRESS NEEDED.Further information: Please join us if you are… age 25 to 39 or a frontline health or social worker or you haven’t had your first dose of Pfizer or you had your first dose of Pfizer more than 28 days ago. Pfizer vaccine only. You don’t need to be registered with a GP.

Woolwich New Road, Greenwich

Location: Late Night Woolwich Pharmacy, Ground Floor, Equitable House, Lower, 10 Woolwich New Rd, London SE18 6AB
    Day and time: Between 07 June to 25 July, daily, 8:00am – 2:00pm – AstraZeneca only
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses.
    Further information: For people aged 40 and above, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least eight weeks since the first dose.

Gallions Reach Medical Centre

Location: Gallions Reach Medical Centre, Bentham Road, London SE28 8BE
    Day and time: Thursday 10 June, 10am – 4:30pm
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
    Further information: For people aged 25+, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least four weeks since the first dose.

Princess Alice Pub, Thamesmead

Day and time: Thursday 10 June, 3pm – 7pm
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic offering first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
    Further information: For people aged 25+, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number. Second doses will only be offered if it is at least four weeks since the first dose.

Plumstead, Greenwich

Location:  Plumstead Health Centre, Tewson Rd, London SE18 1BH 
    Day and time: Friday 11 June, 9am – 1pm and from 2pm – 6pm
    Booking information: no booking required, this is a walk-in clinic  
    Further information: For all eligible, you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number 
    https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/

• Options
    clive said:

Coronavirus vaccine bookings on the NHS website reached a record high of more than one million yesterday.

It's first time daily appointments made through the national booking service have topped the million mark.

As vaccines were opened up to people aged 25 to 29 yesterday morning, a total of 1,082,596 first and second dose slots were snapped up across the day online and by phone.

That's about 45,000 an hour on average and more than 750 every minute, over the full 24 hours.

The daily total for the National Booking Service yesterday means around four times as many slots were booked yesterday compared with the day before and the same day last week.

"YoUng PEoPLe ArE tHE PROBleM aNd WoNT TaKE ThE VAccINE!"
    What is the meaning of doing the capitals thing? I’ve seen it a lot, especially in Leroys posts? 
  • Options
    It's a meme thing. I think it comes from SpongeBob Squarepants, but never having watched any I can't say for certain. It's basically meant to imply that the person being quoted has lost grip on reality as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    clive said:

"YoUng PEoPLe ArE tHE PROBleM aNd WoNT TaKE ThE VAccINE!"
    What is the meaning of doing the capitals thing? I’ve seen it a lot, especially in Leroys posts? 
    You’ll be unsurprised to know it’s a dig. I think there are a few definitions but generally it means that the person writing in capitals, thinks the person they’re responding to is stupid.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Why do the mods allow anti-vaxxers/conspiracy theorists on here and the HOC section? Not only are they incredibly annoying & clog up threads with their endless streams of garbage, but some other gullible moron might just become brainwashed because of it.

They are pariahs in real life, they should be online too.