Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thierry Henry

Reported as saying to friends: "I had to get away from everything English, including my wife unfortunately".
Statement by his lawyer: "Thierry is extremely saddened by the breakdown of his marriage".
Thank God this arrogant twat has buggered off.

Comments

• the premiership will be a poorer place without him
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]the premiership will be a poorer place without him[/quote]

His wife won't be when she files for divorce.
  • WSS - His wife is fit....Get in there my son!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]the premiership will be a poorer place without him[/quote]

His wife won't be when she files for divorce.[/quote]

Agreed. Greg Norman's wife just took him for a cool US$135 million as part of their divorce settlement, although they were married for about 20 years. Henry (what a classy guy he turned out to be off the pitch) will probably be up for a good couple of million at least and it will be very interesting to see if she can get a claim on his future earnings like Ray Parlour's ex wife did.
  • She gets to keep the car
  • Sorry but what right do people have to get this money? I really find it hard to understand to be honest. And this is not a dig at money grabbing women, but at money grabbing men as well.
  • If you ain't no punk, holler we want pre-nup

WE WANT PRE-NUP

Wiser words never spoken
  • i've heard the contract that Tavern has drawn up is longer than the women's football thread..... :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Sorry but what right do people have to get this money? I really find it hard to understand to be honest. And this is not a dig at money grabbing women, but at money grabbing men as well.

The support she offered him throughout their marraige allowed him to perform as he did on the pitch, which is what earnt him the money. Not my point of view but it is the arguement used in court quite often.

[cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If you ain't no punk, holler we want pre-nup

WE WANT PRE-NUP

Wiser words never spoken

Not enforcable under UK law at the moment.
  • Divorce settlements especially those between couples with no children make women virtual prostitutes. No wonder marriage is a waning institution. Anyone who's stupid enough to get married without a watertight prenup needs their head examined.
  • Sponsored links:

• pre-nups are the way forward!!
  • No point at all getting pre-nup in this country - not worth the paper its written on.

The way its going it won't even matter if you actually get married or not anyway as common law relationships will be given the same rights.

Not a very romantic thing to think about but whatever sex you are you have to be so careful not to get screwed over when going into a relationship. My dad always argues that it's really different these days. In his day you met a girl when you were young and you both had nothing. Then you got married, had kids and it was only right that everything was shared. Nowadays people settle down much later and have already started to accumulate their own wealth by the time they do - if there's a large disparity between the two of you then if the relationship goes tits up and you haven't been a bit careful you can be taken to the cleaners (which is exactly what happened to a girl I used to work with who lost half of her Islington flat to a particularly unscrupulous ex boyfriend).
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]pre-nups are the way forward!!

Not in the UK!
  • Did he get married in the UK or France? In which case French law may differ..
  • I must have missed this - what is he alleged to have done? Bit on the side?
  • Perhaps a bit of Vroom Vroom.........
  • lol AFKA.

Anyway I was really disappointed to read this. How can you just walk out on a wife and young child like that. She must be a terrible woman to live with. People just give up on marriage to easily these days.

Im sure Mrs Henry is wealthy enough in her own right as she had a career before she married him. But assume any settlement depends on whether she stopped modelling (and earning her own money) when she got married to have his child which he has now walked out on.

First there was Brad and now Terry Henry has shattered another illusion.
  • I saw a few of the better quality sports journos on that Jimmy Hill programme on Sky Sports and they were alluding to the fact, in their best journalistic "we're not really saying this" way, that Thierry Henry was nothing like his public image and was actually a complete egotist and thought it should be all about him all of the time.

As anyway who is married with young kids can tell you that just ain't ever gonna happen....maybe Thierry just got sick of not being number one in his home anymore. Either way, it does not get much lower than doing what he's just done and some day he'll have to look his daughter in the eye and tell her why. That will be the hard part.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

How can you just walk out on a wife and young child like that.[/quote]

Because, contrary to what the sycophantic media would have you believe, the bloke's an arsehole
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite] Either way, it does not get much lower than doing what he's just done and some day he'll have to look his daughter in the eye and tell her why. That will be the hard part.

You should never trying judging / second guessing on why a relationship / marriage breaks down. No one knows the truth or what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm sure his family were the reason he decided to stay in London last season, and if its broken down, is probably now the reason he is keen to get away and start again.
  • Sponsored links:

• I didnt always believe the media about him being a saint, you could tell that from all the rubbish he was coming out with before he left arsenal... I did think who the fook did he think he was on quite a few occasions.

but to leave a young child like that.

It was always the same with gary lineker when he was married. he's no angel never has been.
  • [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

How can you just walk out on a wife and young child like that.

Because, contrary to what the sycophantic media would have you believe, the bloke's an arsehole

Never meet him or know anything about him but what the indictment of the press is that they are only willing to say so now that he is playing abroad. They were too scared of fan criticism and too afraid of losing access to say so before.

I don't know how someone could walk from a young child but we all know people who have done so. There but for fortune perhaps and as AFKA says it is very difficult to judge from the outside.

maybe we expect too much from players. There are young men who happen to be very good at kicking a ball. Apart from that they are the same as rest of us with feet of clay. Some are saints and others are sinners. Most, IMHO, are just human beings and shouldn't be held up are roles models any more than rock stars or reality TV show "stars".
  • You should never trying judging / second guessing on why a relationship / marriage breaks down. No one knows the truth or what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm sure his family were the reason he decided to stay in London last season, and if its broken down, is probably now the reason he is keen to get away and start again.[/quote]

That's fair enough but, all the same, if it is true that he simply walked out on a two year old child that he decided to bring into the world then that is not exactly the classiest act, is it? I know a few people who have had parents (usually their Dad) just bugger off and it can and does leave very deep repercussions for the child involved.
  • i used to think the man was the nuts but when he gave it to kirkland ( i think) last season after a late winner he went down big time in my estimation..... surely he doesn't want to be too far away from his daughter????
  • can we sink this thread please
  • I don't know why people are so quick to judge without knowing the facts........ there but for fortune, and all that.
  • Like others agree that we're in no position to judge what went on and what the factors were that ended his relationship but that aside I always thought the bloke was a cock anyway.

Haven't forgotten him booting the corner flag out of the ground at The Valley (obviously he didn't get booked as the sun was well and truly shining out of his arse at the time). His arrogant goal celebrations, whinging and diving have gone uncriticised for years. He's a real footballing talent, there's no questioning that but I've never liked him as a man.
  • he said he wanted to get away from all things english , begs the question then why did he leave arsenal?
  • An apology in the Sun today saying that he never said these things, that he loves England, has kept a box at Arsenal etc.
  • I've not really followed this story at all, but it sounds like a traditional tabloid stitch up. Take a celebrity, and an off the cuff remark, cut out the qualifying remarks, print what is left under a big banner headline, and blow a whole story out of a load of complete bollocks.

Why are we even discussing Thierry Henry anyway? What relevance does this have to Charlton?