Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Henry

Comments

• Options
    what relevance does Marmite/Indigo02/apprentice/40th birthday presents etc etc etc have to charlton. just something to talk about during the close season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Why are we even discussing Thierry Henry anyway? What relevance does this have to Charlton?
    I've been thinking that all day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    First there was Brad and now Terry Henry has shattered another illusion.

And if you weren't disaapointed with him enough in 2007 he does last nights trick!

The relevance today is best football practice and setting a precedent for the future. Doesn't matter if the handball was by our player in the cup, league or anything its a football issue.
  • Options
    He should be dropped from the Gillette advert. I always thought he looked out of place with Woods and Federer. Hardly in their league is he? The third man should be Phil Taylor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He should be dropped from the Gillette advert. I always thought he looked out of place with Woods and Federer. Hardly in their league is he? The third man should be Phil Parkinson.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]She gets to keep the car
    Did it have Va Va Voom?

and not as Oggy said :
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Perhaps a bit of Vroom Vroom.........

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]She gets to keep the car
    Did it have Va Va Voom?

and not as Oggy said :
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Perhaps a bit of Vroom Vroom.........

;o)

Oi, nit-picking, eh Dazzler?

Who d'you think you are ....... Henry Irving's apprentice???

;o)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thierry Henry
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thierry ¨Le C**t¨ Henry (French pronunciation: [tjɛʁi ɑ̃ˈʁi]; born 17 August 1977) is a French c**t footballer who plays for Spanish La Liga club Barcelona and the c**ting French national team, predominantly as a c**t.

Henry was born a c**t and remains a c**t, Essonne—a suburb of Paris—where he played for an array of local sides as a c**t and showed great promise as a c**t. He was spotted by AS Monaco in 1990 and signed instantly, making his professional debut in 1994. Good form led to an international call-up in 1998, after which he signed for the Serie A defending champions Juventus. He had a disappointing season playing on the wing, before joining Arsenal for £10.5 million in 1999; the c**t.

It was at Arsenal that Henry made his name as a c**t. Despite initially struggling in the Premier League, he emerged as Arsenal's top c**t for almost every season of his tenure there. Under long-time mentor and coach Arsène Wenger, Henry became a prolific c**t and Arsenal's all-time leading c**t with 226 goals in all competitions. The c**t won two league titles and three FA Cups with the Gunners; he was twice nominated for the FIFA World Cunt of the Year, was named the PFA Players' C**t of the Year twice, and the Football Writers' Association C**t of the C**ts three times. Henry spent his final two seasons with Arsenal as club captain, leading them to the UEFA Champions League final in 2006. In June 2007, after eight years with Arsenal, he transferred to Barcelona for a fee of €24 million. His first honours with the Catalan club came in 2008–09 when they won the league, cup and Champions League treble; the c**t.

Henry has enjoyed similar success with the French national squad, having won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000. In October 2007, he surpassed Michel Platini's record to become France's top c**t of all time. Off the pitch, as a result of his own experience, Henry is an active c**t against decency and fairness and honour. His footballing style and personality have ensured that he is one of the most commercially marketable c**ts in the world; he has been featured in advertisements for Nike, Reebok, Renault, Pepsi and Gillette.
  • Options
    Couldn't you have just put a link up rather than posting the c word so many times?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is there anyway you could report him on this matter dazzler? much obliged.
  • Options
    Erm security (admin) will possibly have seen it already and I've taken a bribe to keep quiet
  • Options
    good man !
  • Options
    Cleaned it up a bit just for you guys :-)
  • Options
    Cheers c.e the bribe helped too. ;o)
  • Options
    What a surprise he got away with it!

CHEAT
  • Options
    What could they have done? It's not within the rules of the game to punish a player after a match for handball. No case to answer. The only thing they could do is charge him with bringing the game into disrepute (though I'm not sure what FIFA's regulations say about that)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]What could they have done? It's not within the rules of the game to punish a player after a match for handball. No case to answer. The only thing they could do is charge him with bringing the game into disrepute (though I'm not sure what FIFA's regulations say about that)
    I think Rivaldo got done with that when he "got hit" with the ball in the face a few years back.

He got a £1,000 fine.
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited January 2010
    But I would imagine deliberate play-acting is considered (or could be proven to be) ungentlemanly conduct.

Handball is just handball.

All credit to Fifa for making a sensible and logical decision for once.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UEFA - not FIFA
  • Options
    I know. How were they able to do it if FIFA can't. Also, would've thought the World Cup qualifiers for Europe came under UEFA's juridiction first, no?
  • Options
    UEFA's rules are different to FIFA's. And the world cup has nothing to do with UEFA - it's a FIFA tournament
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Handball is just handball.

Actually deliberate handball is cheating.

As we saw with Henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Someone else on another forum[/cite]To be fair Thierry Henry loses again here.

To handle the ball twice and cheat a country out of a world cup place because of it was a low act, that could only be perpetrated by someone of equally low character.

To celebrate after cheating is much worse.

To try and commiserate with the Irish players after having cheated them was vomit worthy.

But to compound this all by actively mounting a legal technicality defence to escape any punishment is simply the final nail.

If I ever meet the guy and I hope I do, I will simply walk up to him, look him straight in the eye and say "Thierry Henry, you are a cheat and a liar. That is all your worthless life amounted to." Turn on my heel and leave the creep to it.

Forever in shame is he.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Handball is just handball.

Actually deliberate handball is cheating.

As we saw with Henry.
    I think we've done this before, Oggy ;)

Nowhere is deliberate handball classified as cheating. Can you show me where it says that?

It's an offence, like a deliberate foul. But nowehere in the rules (or anywhere else) is it defined as cheating.

That's just your opinion. The actual rules disagree.
  • Options
    You mean deliberate handball is not cheating, Si?

The laws of the game do not define 'cheating'.

But then Thierry Henry himself - and just about everybody else knew he cheated.
    Otherwise there wouldn't have been such a protest.
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]You meandeliberatehandball is not cheating, Si?

The laws of the game do not define 'cheating'.

But then Thierry Henry himself - and just about everybody else knew he cheated.
    Otherwise there wouldn't have been such a protest.
    I agree, cheating is not defined in the laws. Or even mentioned.

But deliberate handball is. It is defined as an in-game offence, punishable by a yellow card.

So linking deliberate handball with cheating is impossible. Unless you define every deliberate in-game offence as cheating.

By saying deliberate handball is cheating, you have to say that deliberately tugging someone's shirt is cheating. I don't believe either is.

I don't think you can argue that the majority of people thinking something makes it true!

It was unsporting, yes. But not cheating. I probably would have done the same, as would the majority of people I'd've thought. I know I'd not begrudge a Charlton player doing the same in a play-off final to get us promoted!
  • Options
    All handballs have to be deliberate, otherwise it's not handball.

The difference with this and Raul's is that Henry didn't score.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]All handballs have to be deliberate, otherwise it's not handball.

The difference with this and Raul's is that Henry didn't score.

I'm not sure that is right. I thought that there is nothing in the rules as to whether it is deemed deliberate or not. Can't be bothered to look it up though.