Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Great news. Well done Thomas!
  • Options
    Wow fantastic news. Women's football I believe is quite big in the USA so I am not surprised by this.
  • Options
    Well done Thomas. A solid future ahead.
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    Great news, well done Thomas!
  • Options
    Fantastic. 
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    Well done TS. Welcome back to the fold Charlton Women.
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another excellent step forward by Mr Sandgaard. Well played sir.
  • Options
    We finally, FINALLY have a real proper owner in charge again. 
  • Options
    Brilliant. A proper owner. Love it.
  • Options
    Thomas - The man who came from nowhere to bring out the Charlton values of old. I feel like he's an ex player, manager, owner all combined. But he's way too positive to have gone through all of that hardship ;)
  • Options
    Excellent move this. Always felt it was a silly short sighted decision to disassemble the old Charlton Women's' team. Even in 2007 it was clear that the Women's game was only going to grow in popularity and having taken over and built on the success of the Croyden Women's team we had a well established side at the top of the game and one of the best teams in the country. We were in a great position to to capitalise as the league grew. Instead, the team is now many rungs down the ladder and will have a long road to get back to the top of the game.

It's funny, after years of everything being wrong with the club, except for the odd good season on the pitch, we're now presented with everything appearing to move in the right direction off the pitch but it's falling apart on the pitch.

I have to say though, this news has cheered me up a bit after the gloom of last night.

Great news. I agree that it was very sad when we disbanded the women's team in 2007, when the cost would have been a fraction of one of Dowie or Pardew's flops. The only time I've ever seen (on TV) a Charlton team win the FA Cup...
  • Options
    Good news. 

On a personal level slightly disappointed as I opened this thread under false pretences...
  • Options
    Always thought this was likely at some stage. Thomas has regularly mentioned them as part of the family. Good to hear it's cemented. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such brilliant news,well done Thomas,what an owner we have...any good news regarding Charlton is a welcome distraction from all this other shite going on in the world
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Lord knows we need them, cast adrift at the bottom of the table and in danger of relegation, at a time where we there's more and more money in the WSL and the game in general, if TS wants to turn Charlton Athletic into a brand then he'd do well to start with fully integrating the women's team back into the fold and investing heavily in it

I posted this on the women's team thread a few days ago when it transpired we had signed quite a few new players in the space of a couple of days, and I'm glad it seems it was already TS' intention
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Woman’s football is very popular in Denmark and TS could do far worse than look towards the Danish woman’s national team when investing in potential new players. They are top 5 or something in the World right now. Players like Pernille Harder would put most of our current men’s squad to shame tbh! 

Probably can’t afford her though with the salary cap 😉
  • Options
    Thomas  - thank you again.
  • Options
    Brilliant news.
  • Options
    Woman’s football is very popular in Denmark and TS could do far worse than look towards the Danish woman’s national team when investing in potential new players. They are top 5 or something in the World right now. Players like Pernille Harder would put most of our current men’s squad to shame tbh! 

Probably can’t afford her though with the salary cap 😉
    Just double checked and they are actually 14th 
  • Options
    What are their centre backs like?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    What are their centre backs like?
    You mean starting 11😂👍
  • Options
    I used to work with Stephen King, good bloke and life long Charlton fan.
  • Options
    So pleased, important part of the future