Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard completes Charlton Women takeover

Comments

• Options
    That’s brilliant news. The whole package eh Thomas 👍
  • Options
    Excellent.  Another statement of intent, if any were needed.
  • Options
    Bloody excellent news, thank you Thomas!!
  • Options
    Very pleased, great to see his conviction. Sure signs of hard work being done behind the scenes in general.
  • Options
    Any truth he's already offered them Watson but they declined?
  • Options
    Great business. The right thing for the clubs to be under one owner. 
  • Options
    "Women’s football is one of the fastest growing sports in the world and you can see that a lot of the big clubs are investing in their women’s team. My long-term aim for Charlton is to reach the highest levels with both the men’s team and the women’s team, so I’m looking forward to getting started.”

Long term? Not so fast Mr Sandgaard. You're on the hook for Europe within 5 years  ;)
  • Options
    I used to work with Stephen King, good bloke and life long Charlton fan.
    Really should be saying well done to him too, kept them afloat and steered them well until he could pass them into good hands.
  • Options
    Thank you Mr King for all you’ve done.
    Im delighted that TS is now taking up the challenge and even happier you’re still going to be involved 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to work with Stephen King, good bloke and life long Charlton fan.
    He can get back to writing novels now.
    He could probably write a non fictional horror story on our last few years!!
  • Options
    Well done TS
  • Options
    Where are people getting Europe in 5 years?

Asked what his objectives for Charlton were, he replied: “Three to five years, Premier League, then less than ten years that we are solid, at least mid table.

“And in 15 years I want to make sure this club is one of the best clubs and always playing European football. That is my goal.”
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I notice he waited until Maddison had left before taking the plunge with the women's team.
    Let Maddison have a plunge first?
  • Options
    This is brilliant news and just the shot in the arm the women needed.  For too many years they have been feeding off scraps because the investment just wasn't there.  Their best players were poached because they just couldn't compete financially.  This should give them a chance to be competitive both on and off the pitch and I would hope we will see progress now.

Big thanks to Steve Adamson, Steven King and Damian Walters who have stuck their hands in their pockets or done countless hours of work unpaid just to keep the women afloat.  I dare say there are more who have played their part but it cannot be understated just how much their hands have been tied.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Where are people getting Europe in 5 years?

Asked what his objectives for Charlton were, he replied: “Three to five years, Premier League, then less than ten years that we are solid, at least mid table.

“And in 15 years I want to make sure this club is one of the best clubs and always playing European football. That is my goal.”
    Don't let facts get in the way of a decent gag, Dazzler  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I enjoy watching women's football. It is growing and improving and the bigger clubs have women's teams attached to them. It makes sense for this move. I think we should be seeing the women's games free on Valley pass for a couple of seasons which could build support and fans deciding to go and watch games.

When we are over Covid and pitches are robust, I think the odd game played at midday before a home match could be a good idea too,
  • Options
    This is his way to get us into Europe; rumbled 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I enjoy watching women's football. It is growing and improving and the bigger clubs have women's teams attached to them. It makes sense for this move. I think we should be seeing the women's games free on Valley pass for a couple of seasons which could build support and fans deciding to go and watch games.

When we are over Covid and pitches are robust, I think the odd game played at midday before a home match could be a good idea too,
    Far better to go and watch the games at The Oakwood and support the team. Season tickets are very reasonable. The bar is a lovely place and the food inside the ground is really good.
  • Options
    TBH I wasn't really bothered when I saw this announced. Having heard TS explain it, I think it's a great idea. Well done.
  • Options
    Can’t find a way to follow the Women’s matches live, but we were 1-0 up against Liverpool at halftime today. No idea what’s happened since.
  • Options
    Finished 2-2
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Ok, they drew 2-2
    Actually a good result, as we equalised in the last minute, but need to pick some more points up.